Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Was “Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz” ahead of it’s Time?

50 posts in this topic

It wasn't ahead of it's time, but it was underrated. Although I'm sure Miley never expected it to be a hit album cause it's not commercial at all. It's a ****ing amazing album :weeps:

No. It's your average psychedelic album and not groundbreaking at all even with contributions from The Flaming Lips. But it's her best album if you ignore the filler tracks, lazy songwriting and try hard production. 

Yes. Everything from the concept to the album length. If a rapper released Do It nowadays it’d be a hit

9 hours ago, Goodies said:

space bootz is her best song. period.

it is. One of the best songs of the decade

Her magnum opus. Cutting some songs off would have made it flawless. Might get a tattoo inspired by it soon

I never heard it, i just saw Do it video and even though I love *** on the face it turned me off from listening to the album.

that video is a great **** video tho.

1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

I never heard it, i just saw Do it video and even though I love *** on the face it turned me off from listening to the album.

that video is a great **** video tho.

exactly she shouldn’t have done that. like other users say i wish she really mixed this album properly, however the songs are still beautiful! you should give it a listen without any preconceived notions about the era. 

3 minutes ago, DenzxShe said:

exactly she shouldn’t have done that. like other users say i wish she really mixed this album properly, however the songs are still beautiful! you should give it a listen without any preconceived notions about the era. 

yes i just heard space bootz, WOOOOW, MILEY WTF

Tbh YES. It's the type of album that all these rappers are putting out now. She really did that. Innovative, influencing icon.

giphy.gif

Literally her best work! I was shook! Bitch should have invested in some dope visuals! I needed (good) music videos. 

Twinkle Song > careers.

i played this album OUT when it came out.  I still go back to Bang me Box, Fweaky, I get so scared, Lighter, Something about Space Dude, and Space Bootz.  They'll never get old to me.

Some songs were great, some songs were AWFUL.... Doooo It for example, and the gross video made it worse.

? No. :rip: 

It is a cohesion-lacking disaster of a musical project, but there are 2-3 songs in there that are easily her best songs.