Rosalía storms Spain's Official Chart

thatsmydemi

ALBUMS:

#2 El Mal Querer [DEBUT] - ALREADY GOLD

#9 Los Angeles - Back to top 10; 79 weeks charting (PEAK: #9)

SINGLES: 

#1 DI MI NOMBRE [NEW PEAK] - Rosalia's FIRST #1 in Spain! (2 weeks charting)

#2 MALAMENTE [NEW PEAK] - Back to top 10. (24 weeks charting; previous peak #4)

#6 PIENSO EN TU MIRÁ - Back to top 10. (16 weeks charting: peak #5)

#7 BAGDAD [DEBUT]

#15 QUE NO SALGA LA LUNA [DEBUT]

#22 DE AQUI NO SALES [DEBUT]

#26 NANA [DEBUT]

#30 MALDICIÓN [DEBUT]

#35 A NINGÚN HOMBRE [DEBUT]

#36 RENIEGO [DEBUT]

#48 PRESO [DEBUT]

PLUS, two collabs: 

#60 Antes de Morirme w/ C.Tangana

#80 Brillo w/ J.Balvin

Interesting facts:

- El Mal Querer went GOLD in 1 week. Los Angeles is not certified yet. 

- Malamente reached a new peak but it got blocked by the current single, Di Mi Nombre.

- The whole album is charting

- The album holds the record for the biggest first day streams on Spotify with 2,3m streams.

See the full chart: https://www.elportaldemusica.es/lists/top-100-albums/2018/45

Edited by thatsmydemi

4 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Omg this is even more than I expected :jonny5:

And I forgot to add that there are also two collabs charting. Antes de morirme with C.Tangana and Brillo with J.Balvin :jonny: 

AHHH MAIN POP GIRL  :jonny5:

but who blocked her from numero uno 

2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

And I forgot to add that there are also two collabs charting. Antes de morirme with C.Tangana and Brillo with J.Balvin :jonny: 

Maybe I forgive Spain for colonizing Mexico now. The way they appreciate talent made several points :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, FancyMoonlight said:

AHHH MAIN POP GIRL  :jonny5:

but who blocked her from numero uno 

Operacion Triunfo 2018's first collection album. It was expected I guess. They are massive among teens and pre-teens. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

Queen.

she had the best performance at the EMAs so that was good exposure. 

A lot of new fans discovered her there based on Twitter reaction.

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

Operacion Triunfo 2018's first collection album. It was expected I guess. They are massive among teens and pre-teens. 

oh 

OT: both of my faves went number one  :jonny4:

2 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Antes de morirme deserved being a smash 

It's platinum. Better than nothing :lmao: 

Preso making top 50 :rip:

Sad it didn't get a #1 debut :'( but still super impressive regardless. Maybe it can snatch it along the road :gaycat3:

And still I haven't listened to a single song of her songs :rip:

Every single song with a normal structure is in the top 10 :jonny5:imagine when she released Auto Computer, Santería and the other one :jonny:

Edited by oceans

i'm NAUSEATED by her being blocked at number 1 :mad:

1 hour ago, oceans said:

Every single song with a normal structure is in the top 10 :jonny5:imagine when she released Auto Computer, Santería and the other one :jonny:

where can i listen to her unreleased songs sis? :jonny5: i only listened to De Madrugá

Real question

whos Rosalia? How long has she been in the game? Why am I just hearing about her? Where she from? How old is she? What’s her best song? What’s her current single? What’s her best video? Is she slaying other place or just Spain? When is the tour? How many albums she got? 

13 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Real question

whos Rosalia? How long has she been in the game? Why am I just hearing about her? Where she from? How old is she? What’s her best song? What’s her current single? What’s her best video? Is she slaying other place or just Spain? When is the tour? How many albums she got? 

She is a ~25yo Spanish singer/songwriter/producer who has had her breakthrough with her second album (she released her first one last year, but I think most were covers). It's a mix of traditional flamenco with contemporary urban and pop music. Idk about best song but the most popular ones are "Malamente" (which she performed at the EMAs) and "Pienso en tu Mirá". Her current single is "Di mi Nombre". All three have videos and they are great, but Malamente's is on another level. She's like the first Spanish singer in a long time to be significantly popular outside Spain (she even performed at the EMAs, not many Spanish singers have). Her album got reviewed by Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and Fantano (all very positive). I have no idea about the tour.

No es posible que España prefiera la basura de OT que el disco de Rosalia.

Slay REINA!!

17 hours ago, Cloudy said:

And still I haven't listened to a single song of her songs :rip:

Her album is amazing, I don’t even speak Spanish but her mix of modern pop and traditional flamenco is just really exciting.

OT blocking her after all the hype :ahh:

On 11/14/2018 at 4:13 AM, enxe said:

She is a ~25yo Spanish singer/songwriter/producer who has had her breakthrough with her second album (she released her first one last year, but I think most were covers). It's a mix of traditional flamenco with contemporary urban and pop music. Idk about best song but the most popular ones are "Malamente" (which she performed at the EMAs) and "Pienso en tu Mirá". Her current single is "Di mi Nombre". All three have videos and they are great, but Malamente's is on another level. She's like the first Spanish singer in a long time to be significantly popular outside Spain (she even performed at the EMAs, not many Spanish singers have). Her album got reviewed by Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and Fantano (all very positive). I have no idea about the tour.

Will definitely check ha out since she's still new and not that big yet

thanks

On 11/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, taylor__fan said:

It's not like it matters when she has 2 albums in the top 10 and the whole album charting, 4 of them in the top 10. :skull: 

On 11/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, taylor__fan said:

And the contestants still won't have a career when OT ends. Ask Agoney. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.