Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Dido - 'Still On My Mind'

420 posts in this topic

what a bop omg

Radio/Single edit of Take You Home

On 4/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, FakeHappy said:

what a bop omg

ughhh, she really snappedT. :jonny5:

she keeps making the WRONG songs as singles, she really doesn't want a mainstream success, does she? :'( 

I just got home from her Prague concert. It was amazing. If you have a chance to atrend the tour, don't hesitate and go! I was a bit nervous about Dido's live singing, but she slayed. She was very charming and sang for almost two hours. Every expectation I had was surpassed by a lot. The crowd was pretty good (a big cheering after every song, kinda dancing, two great sing alongs), although it seemed that a lot of people knew mostly only the singles. The setlist was very SOMM-heavy but it was nonetheless and there were some unexpected choices tbh.  

Setlist

(mostly not in order excluding the first 4  songs and the encore)

Hurricanes (including instrumental intro), Hell After This, Live For Rent, Hunter (one of the highlists tbh), Here With Me, Thank You, Take My Hand (a highlight), Sand in My Shoes, See You When You're 40, Quiet Times, Grafton Street, End of Night (highlight), Sitting on the Roof of the World, Chances, Friends, Mad Love, Take You Home, Give You Up

Encore: Have to Stay, White Flag

@Denyy  Were you at the concert yesterday? How did you like it? :)

I can’t wait for the London shows! I’m so excited!

How is the merch? Did u buy anything @Nerevanin?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, switcher89 said:

I can’t wait for the London shows! I’m so excited!

How is the merch? Did u buy anything @Nerevanin?

I didn't buy anything and frankly I didn't check the merch much. The only thing I know for sure is that there was a black T-shirt with the album cover in the front and the tour dates in the back, it looked pretty good. There were several more items but I can't say what they were like. Sorry! :blush:

PS. I kinda envy you that you have yet to see the show. I'd love to see it again tbh.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

@Denyy  Were you at the concert yesterday? How did you like it? :)

Nooope, I wasn't. I didn't even buy a ticket, I was thinking about going when it was first announced, but I knew my exams would start a week before the show so that was a swift no. :laugh: I'm glad to hear the show was great though!

7 hours ago, Denyy said:

Nooope, I wasn't. I didn't even buy a ticket, I was thinking about going when it was first announced, but I knew my exams would start a week before the show so that was a swift no. :laugh: I'm glad to hear the show was great though!

Oh, that sucks that you couldn't attend. :( I'm glad that as a PhD student I basically don't have to deal with such things anymore... I hope Dido comes back again one day, so we both can attend her concert. She seemed very excited and happy that the crowd was so responsive and so into her, she said something like that she wouldn't do a break this long in touring again, so there's hope. :duca:

Is there a song on this that is on the caliber of White Flag / One step too far?

3 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Is there a song on this that is on the caliber of White Flag / One step too far?

hurricanes .. for me personally/lyrically some kind of love .. give you up is the biggest grower, sounds better live

i bought the tea cup in prague it's so amazing :heart2:

A7bddNcf45744.jpg?w=390&h=390&quality=60

it says 'my teas gone cold' when it's cold and shows the image above when hot

4 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Some Kind Of Love is like White Flag, but instead of singing about never letting go of her ex lover, here she sings about leaving her music career behind but still making promise of having "some kind of love" for it, hence why she keeps coming back releasing new music because the love for music is still somewhere deep inside her

Take You Home is Don't Leave Home 2.0 :smitten:

Is there any difference between the vinyl & cd beside the final track? like the mixing or track's length?

3 hours ago, G Â U said:

Is there any difference between the vinyl & cd beside the final track? like the mixing or track's length?

Take You Home also has a shorter edit on the vinyl.

when you realize we won' be getting another new Dido album after this one for 6 years :weeps: 

1 minute ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

when you realize we won' be getting another new Dido album after this one for 6 years :weeps: 

No way :jonny: 

She said at her tour that she wouldn't wait this long with touring again (although that doesn't say much considering that was a 15-year long wait :foot:).

She also said she had recorded so many songs already that she could release another album right now. :jonny: If she waits this long again I'm burning my stan card, at this rate I'm going to die before we get to the 7th album.

1 minute ago, RT Air said:

No way :jonny: 

She said at her tour that she wouldn't wait this long with touring again (although that doesn't say much considering that was a 15-year long wait :foot:).

She also said she had recorded so many songs already that she could release another album right now. :jonny: If she waits this long again I'm burning my stan card, at this rate I'm going to die before we get to the 7th album.

you never know with her, since she says she takes time slow with music :weeps: 

I hope she tours in my country :'( 

I am torn. I'm considering seeing her though. :cm:

She came with the tour near me, but I just couldn't afford it this month :'( Still hoping she extends the autumn leg of the tour and adds a gig somewhere I can go to