Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

351 posts in this topic

AvrilLaQueen
2 minutes ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

thanks for reminding me i gotta listen omg 

get ready to be snatchedT.

fL6U6ti.gif

leon86
1 hour ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I hope you will enjoy it sis! :heart2:

my personal all-time Dido faves are White Flag, Don't Leave Home, Here With Me and Hunter :jonny5:

flawless taste. the thing i dont like about this album is that there's no drama, its like she recorded it in a very monotounous airy way voice-wise. hunter for example has that dramatic versatily in her voice

AvrilLaQueen
2 minutes ago, leon86 said:

flawless taste. the thing i dont like about this album is that there's no drama, its like she recorded it in a very monotounous airy way voice-wise. hunter for example has that dramatic versatily in her voice

Hurricanes is the closest we will ever get to Huntersus

w1aduMj.gif

Paddy

Got ticket to see her in Dublin in December. So that is Dido fix I needed, I'll see her in May and in December too. Yes! 

Frozen99
11 hours ago, leon86 said:

flawless taste. the thing i dont like about this album is that there's no drama, its like she recorded it in a very monotounous airy way voice-wise. hunter for example has that dramatic versatility in her voice

that's what the pitchfork review was complaining about

but it's like... complaining about 90 % of her discography :skull:

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Got ticket to see her in Dublin in December. So that is Dido fix I needed, I'll see her in May and in December too. Yes! 

980x.gif

Paddy
6 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

980x.gif

I even got front row and middle seat as her arena tour is fully seated. At first it offered me row B so I ran, then half way through it showed me an error, then ticketmaster offered me row H or what and I was like "no" and luckily row A appeared again. :biggrin:

I hope that the May tour and December one will be different at leadt setlist wise. I'm not expecting danvers show from her but at least some projections. But I'm so happy she'll perform Grafton Street TOP2 from Safe Trip Home. 

I'm also hoping, besides her big hits such as Here With Me and White Flag etc. for Take My Hand, Honestly OK, Blackbird would be amazing even the first half only. And most if not all from Still On My Mind

Frozen99
1 hour ago, leon86 said:

wasnt she n1??

she was leading itunes, #3 during mid-week

SOMM is best-selling independent album :party:

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I even got front row and middle seat as her arena tour is fully seated. At first it offered me row B so I ran, then half way through it showed me an error, then ticketmaster offered me row H or what and I was like "no" and luckily row A appeared again. :biggrin:

I hope that the May tour and December one will be different at leadt setlist wise. I'm not expecting danvers show from her but at least some projections. But I'm so happy she'll perform Grafton Street TOP2 from Safe Trip Home. 

I'm also hoping, besides her big hits such as Here With Me and White Flag etc. for Take My Hand, Honestly OK, Blackbird would be amazing even the first half only. And most if not all from Still On My Mind

damn you're lucky! i'd love her mixing it up a little but i doubt she'll do changes to the arena tour

i honestly don't think she'll do more than one album cut overall from her previous albums..

take my hand with take you home would slay so hard :jonny:

i'd love mary's in india, isobel, closer... too many to name :rip:

Paddy
21 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

i honestly don't think she'll do more than one album cut overall from her previous albums..

Here With Me, Thank You, White Flag and Life For Rent were confirmed by the press release advertising the concerts and Dido herself also confirmed Grafton Street, Sand In My Shoes and Take My Hand from the new album.  It'll be interesting to see/hear what she picks from Girl Who Got Away. 

I never seen her life, I mean she wasn't on tour for 15 years, so I'll be happy for anything and everything, I'd just be happy if the arena tour had a different setlist a little, that she could just throw songs in etc. I do feel like she'll change it a little alright, I mean she will get bored herself a little and after all she has a lot of songs to choose from. 

Frozen99
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Here With Me, Thank You, White Flag and Life For Rent were confirmed by the press release advertising the concerts and Dido herself also confirmed Grafton Street, Sand In My Shoes and Take My Hand from the new album.  It'll be interesting to see/hear what she picks from Girl Who Got Away. 

I never seen her life, I mean she wasn't on tour for 15 years, so I'll be happy for anything and everything, I'd just be happy if the arena tour had a different setlist a little, that she could just throw songs in etc. I do feel like she'll change it a little alright, I mean she will get bored herself a little and after all she has a lot of songs to choose from. 

i didn't know about SiMS and TMH :eek: Quiet Times was also confirmed!

she has so many GREAT songs to choose from :jonny5: 

1. here with me

2. thank you

3. white flag

4. life for rent

5. sand in my shoes

6. take my hand

7. grafton street

8. quiet times

there's room for so much more

certainly don't leave home, hunter, don't believe in love..

Paddy
2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

TMH :eek:

ups, sorry, not Take My Hand, that is my hopeful wish, I meant to say Take You Home from the new album. LOL sorry. 

And she'll for sure perform Mad Love, apparently Stan loves it, so just for this reason she'll play it. 

Yeah she has so many good songs to choose from. I hope that from Still On My Mind she'll perform Hurricanes (the album version, not the acoustic), Hell After This, You Don't Need God, Take You Home, Some Kind of Love, Mad Love, Walking By, I wouldn't mind hearing Friends and Chances.. But Honestly nothing is stopping her from playing the entire new album tbh. 

leon86

she probably will but maybe she she wont perform dont believe in love as thats the song that 'ended' her career tbh :rip:

and from GWGA i think she'll sing no freedom for sure, that song has had some longevity with the miley cover etc

1. here with me

2. thank you

3. white flag

4. life for rent

5. sand in my shoes

6. take my hand

7. grafton street

8. quiet times

9. dont leave home

10. hunter

11. no freedom

12. dont believe in love

13. end of night?

and 4 more from the new album?

Zeferino

"No Angel" is like the only album I listen to completely

I will save this record on Spotify ...

<3

Paddy
6 hours ago, leon86 said:

and 4 more from the new album

She must do more than 4 songs from Still On My Mind. 

6 hours ago, leon86 said:

9. dont leave home

10. hunter

11. no freedom

12. dont believe in love

13. end of night?

I actually wouldn't mind not hearing any of these tbh. Maybe End of the Night but the rest can Dido ignore.

Frozen99
13 hours ago, Paddy said:

ups, sorry, not Take My Hand, that is my hopeful wish, I meant to say Take You Home from the new album. LOL sorry. 

And she'll for sure perform Mad Love, apparently Stan loves it, so just for this reason she'll play it. 

Yeah she has so many good songs to choose from. I hope that from Still On My Mind she'll perform Hurricanes (the album version, not the acoustic), Hell After This, You Don't Need God, Take You Home, Some Kind of Love, Mad Love, Walking By, I wouldn't mind hearing Friends and Chances.. But Honestly nothing is stopping her from playing the entire new album tbh. 

i really hope she pulls taylor and plays all but maybe one song off the album

and also to have a one slot on the setlist where she'd do a random album cut

i'd die if she done that

12 hours ago, Alongoria13 said:

Take You Home is the best song on the record :jonny5:

no but you better stan bitch

ibs68cumaw1jf1gjl3.gif

10 hours ago, Zeferino said:

"No Angel" is like the only album I listen to completely

I will save this record on Spotify ...

<3

it's definitely worthy of a full listen :heart2:

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

She must do more than 4 songs from Still On My Mind. 

I actually wouldn't mind not hearing any of these tbh. Maybe End of the Night but the rest can Dido ignore.

hunter is a classic!

she must do end of night :jonny5:

girl who got away also needs to be performed

Frozen99

these are pretty much confirmed imo

1. here with me

2. thank you

3. white flag

4. life for rent

5. sand in my shoes

6. grafton street

7. quiet times

8. hunter

9. don't leave home

last tour she did 17 songs

from SoMM she's def doing

10. take you home

11. mad love

12. hurricanes

13. give you up

now from gwga

14. no freedom (it was lead, c'mon)

15. end of night

16. gwga?

17. don't believe in love? (i agree with @leon86 that it kinda ended her :dies:

but it was the STH lead dd)

imagine her doing sth random like burnin' love

:jonny5:

Nerevanin

So far I heard the album three times. I think it is a good album, probably better than GWGA but SOMM kinda reminds me of GWGA. I think that the individual songs are pretty great and strong but together, as an album, they sound kinda bland and monotone. Does it make sense to have great songs but bland album? Not sure but that's how I feel about it. My favorite tracks are Hurricanes, Mad Love, Still on My Mind, Give You Up and You Don't Need a God.

Can't wait to see Dido live in May!

Frozen99
2 hours ago, Ghost said:

She better do Us 2 Little TABS 

the taste jumped out

000_par248541.bcb9e130355.w768.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

So far I heard the album three times. I think it is a good album, probably better than GWGA but SOMM kinda reminds me of GWGA. I think that the individual songs are pretty great and strong but together, as an album, they sound kinda bland and monotone. Does it make sense to have great songs but bland album? Not sure but that's how I feel about it. My favorite tracks are Hurricanes, Mad Love, Still on My Mind, Give You Up and You Don't Need a God.

Can't wait to see Dido live in May!

it kinda is a second, improved part 2 of GWGA

and it does make sense, i think pitchfork said a very similar thing, that her songs are about the aftermath of the drama

and that the album lacks of dramatic-ness

i honestly think that's 90% of her discography and that's actually the reason i love the album so much

to each their own :heart2: