Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

13 posts in this topic

Jonathan

Ariana’s biggest hit is about to come from Tommy Brown, usually the curator of the deep cuts of her albums.

Max gets utilized for commercial appeal of her projects, but TU,N is currently blowing NTLTC out of the water. Did Max lose?

:soda:

shinyshimmery

Kinda sucks, considering the instrumental of TYN is nothing special at all. 

umich

He hasn’t had a #1 single in over 2 years. So yes.

I love thank u, next but let's just wait and see for a minute. The song isn't even a week old yet, there's literally no way to determine if this will be her biggest hit. There's way more than going #1 on a specific chart that determines these things. I definitely think it can get there, but it won't be her biggest hit as of the next Billboard chart. We'll just have to see what the song's longevity is like, if she decides to promote it further once initial interest subsides, if it gets a video, what the rest of the album is like, global performance etc.

I definitely see it at least leveling out in her Top 3 among Problem and Break Free, though.

Blue.

Nah, she just released at a very weak time chart wise. If she would have released NTLTC around this time it would have been a #1.

rac7d

He countin his mill getting a dollar every time you stream his song so no

Truth Teller

TY,N is lowkey gutter trash, while Max's output with Ariana ranges from ok to legitimately good, so he kinda didn't lose completely

Thuggin

This is just his first #1 single. Doesn't Max have over 20? :mandown:

Max lost the battle but time will tell who wins the war.

Safe&Sound

NTLTC sweetie, I'm so sorry

Thank U, Next is like LWYMMD (and LWYMMD is not from Max too)

It is a shocker single to everyone which definitely would debut huge

I still prefer Ariana's work with Max

And take a note than both Problems and NTLTC are strong enough to peak at #1 if it wasnt bc of timing

FloridaKilos

No. No Tears Left To Cry is a pop masterpiece!

I think her recent controversies and Mac Miller's passing helped Thank U, Next become the hit it is. 

Bencharmer

Let's see!!! That's amazing Ariana got that #1 but if the song gets quickly forgotten... Well King Max would stay unbothered in that case.

0549lva.gif