Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Ariana #1, is she finally an MPG in ATRL's eyes?

89 posts in this topic

Scotland

The only reason why members of the site discredit Ariana as a main pop girl was because of her lack of #1 HOT 100 single. Well, she will have one soon. Is she finally an MPG?

tumblr_inline_phvvh74pR01qf89pq_1280.gif

luckythisway

I mean she’s literally been one since Problem sold 440k first week & was .03% away from debuting at #1 in 2014 but if this satisfies those who are pressed, I’m okay with that 

tumblr_inline_phvvh74pR01qf89pq_1280.gif

Roman Holiday

I really don’t get the concern for “Main Pop Girl” status, like who even uses that term outside of this dumb site :rip:

Ariana is one of the biggest and most prolific artists of her generation, male or female. Anyone who denies this just looks out of touch or biased. 

Daydream

She has a #1 - something Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Britney haven’t had for the past 5 years. Yet ATRL considers them MPG’s. ATRL is still in 2009. :lmao:

Clueless
3 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

I really don’t get the concern for “Main Pop Girl” status, like who even uses that term outside of this dumb site :rip:

The term is seriously SO cringey

Needy
Just now, Daydream said:

She has a #1 - something Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Britney haven’t had for the past 5 years. Yet ATRL considers them MPG’s. ATRL is still in 2009. :lmao:

Unless you mean solo, Beyonce had one recently with Perfect Duet. But I agree with the point you made :fan: 

Daydream
1 minute ago, Sweetener said:

Unless you mean solo, Beyonce had one recently with Perfect Duet. But I agree with the point you made :fan: 

That’s ED SHEERAN’s #1, not Beyoncé’s. :mandown:

romonster
4 minutes ago, Daydream said:

That's a terrible example as artists like Gaga and Beyoncé have the star and selling power to remain A-List and MPGs.

Plus there's a world outside the USA, if you weren't aware. A world where Gaga currently has the #1 single and album for multiple weeks.

Ashley Banks

I'm sure some people will still try to move the goal posts for her, but she's easily one of the biggest female pop acts today whether ATRL likes it or not. She has been for a while and Thank U, Next is only solidifying that fact.

8 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Also this

Kiel D-01

She is already tho, as much as it annoys me when my local radio station basically put ALL of her Sweetener singles on power rotation (and now  including TU,N)

Y842BMZ.gif