2020 US Presidential Election 🇺🇸 First Debate June 26 & 27

17,414 posts in this topic

Wasn't someone saying Tuition Free College isn't enough if you don't start from the beginning of one's education?

Sanders is really the man with the most progressive vision. :clap3:

7 hours ago, dannylex said:

It's legitimately mind-boggling that this is even allowed under the current US political system. We talk about the electoral college being undemocratic (which it is), but this is a hundred times worse. A single senator from one state in the entire US gets to exclusively decide what gets voted on and what doesn't. A bill could theoretically receive unanimous approval in the House, and this one turkey-faced f*cker can single-handedly stop it from getting a Senate vote. Absolutely insane.

We really just have to hope that a silver lining of this corrupt, evil Trump era is that the US finally clues in to how many undemocratic and corrupt powers and loopholes exist in the current system and decides to clamp down on some of these.

15 minutes ago, shelven said:

It's legitimately mind-boggling that this is even allowed under the current US political system. We talk about the electoral college being undemocratic (which it is), but this is a hundred times worse. A single senator from one state in the entire US gets to exclusively decide what gets voted on and what doesn't. A bill could theoretically receive unanimous approval in the House, and this one turkey-faced f*cker can single-handedly stop it from getting a Senate vote. Absolutely insane.

We really just have to hope that a silver lining of this corrupt, evil Trump era is that the US finally clues in to how many undemocratic and corrupt powers and loopholes exist in the current system and decides to clamp down on some of these.

This part in bold is the thing I'm holding onto as the silver lining of Trump's presidency. The flaws in our government have always been there, but Trump really exposed them by pushing the limits of what's condonable in our government. Hopefully, we learn from that for future administrations and make amends so that no future president can abuse the system in the same way.

1 hour ago, Communion said:
Wasn't someone saying Tuition Free College isn't enough if you don't start from the beginning of one's education?

Sanders is really the man with the most progressive vision.

Every candidate I follow has addressed these K-12 issues as well. (I should say PRE-K, since Harris and Pete both incorporate pre-K in their plans.) Is anyone NOT making public K-12 education an important component of their overall education policy? :toofunny2:

20 minutes ago, Bloo said:

This part in bold is the thing I'm holding onto as the silver lining of Trump's presidency. The flaws in our government have always been there, but Trump really exposed them by pushing the limits of what's condonable in our government. Hopefully, we learn from that for future administrations and make amends so that no future president can abuse the system in the same way.

We need restrictions on pardoning powers STAT. A president should not be able to pardon family members or people who are part of an investigation in which the president is also under investigation :deadbanana4: I guess no one imagined this type of situation would arise :toofunny3:

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

Every candidate I follow has addressed these K-12 issues as well. 

And Sanders is the only one with a fully inclusive plan that addresses K-12 and establishes on top of it that higher education is a right.

What are you confused on or are you being purposefully obtuse?

I like Sanders' education plan mostly but I'm surprised he didn't talk about getting rid of excess testing.

3 hours ago, Communion said:

And Sanders is the only one with a fully inclusive plan that addresses K-12 and establishes on top of it that higher education is a right.

What are you confused on or are you being purposefully obtuse?

Lmao.  They really are like pretzels! 

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

I like Sanders' education plan mostly but I'm surprised he didn't talk about getting rid of excess testing.

You do realize the POTUS isn’t a king or queen, right? This is decided by congress. 

how many times is he gonna go on Fox News and enable their toxic channel

ew :biblio:

6 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

He got a sanding ovation from the crowd :fan:

31 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

Lots of democrats go on Fox News...