2020 US Presidential Election 🇺🇸 First Debate June 26 & 27

17,519 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

Another issue, probably even larger than landline vs mobile, is that most people under 30/35 screen their calls.

I don't answer my cell phone if I don't know the number. 

There's behavioral patterns amongst young people that traditionalist pollsters don't bother or care to consider.

That’s actually another good point I hadn’t thought of. I also don’t answer unfamiliar phone numbers unless I know someone is going to call me (like I had a car repair today so I knew the workers at the shop would call me at some point today). This has gotten worse since spam calls on landline and mobile phones have skyrocketed in the past few years. So, this only even further demonstrates why polling methods need to be revisited. 

I just use Robokiller to block unknown and spam / scam calls.

Traditional polling is eventually going to die anyway.

Bae 

Paybacks a bitch Joe Boughten. 

I do have to laugh that during this whole Fox News grand-standing that Buttigieg's team is literally trying to have him go on Dave Rubin's show. :skull:

A politician going on Fox News cannot "validate" or "establish" them. They *are* established already. They're being heavily consumed, largely without pushback. Of course it's fine if someone doesn't want to entertain them since they are a horrible network, but it's 10000x more damaging to go on younger, greener shows on newer mediums like Youtube and give them actual credit by validating them as new media than it is to try and go on the most viewed cable network in America and take down right-wing talking points. 

Agree w/ the Bernistas on this one. Pete should stay the hell away from Dave Rubin and the whole IDW crew. A top tier democratic presidential candidate appearing on his show gives him dangerous legitimacy.

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

I do have to laugh that during this whole Fox News grand-standing that Buttigieg's team is literally trying to have him go on Dave Rubin's show. :skull:

A politician going on Fox News cannot "validate" or "establish" them. They *are* established already. They're being heavily consumed, largely without pushback. Of course it's fine if someone doesn't want to entertain them since they are a horrible network, but it's 10000x more damaging to go on younger, greener shows on newer mediums like Youtube and give them actual credit by validating them as new media than it is to try and go on the most viewed cable network in America and take down right-wing talking points. 

This is probably one of the worst places for Buttigieg to take his campaign. There is literally nothing to be gained from going on Dave Rubin’s show. Further, Rubin is literally incapable of giving an actually useful interview. He’s only talented at letting controversial figures and bigoted guests speak and share their bigotry unabashed. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Communion said:

Pete would be this dumb to actually to do this. Another one added to the list of reasons why #NeverPete

The cracks showing. Trade wars are not "easy to win" and China will only keep matching us per dollar until who knows when.

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

So, one thing I talked about a lot after the 2016 is how we need to reconsider polling methods. Because, according to polls, Hillary had solid leads in the Rust Belt (which is largely why she didn’t invest there, still a stupid decision, though). Since most polls are conducted via landline, it’s not a valid method, IMO. I wonder if there is work being done to research this quantitatively. 

They promised they were going to change their methods after they failed catastrophically in 2016 but it seems nothing has changed :michael:

They did predict the house and senate results quite well in the midterms though

They could've let Virginia Democrats have the 2019 messiness on lock, but they just can't resist decreasing their polling :rip:

Has anyone checked on Doug Jones? I bet the poor sis regrets representing the most extreme right of all states as a democrat :dies:

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chemist said:

Has anyone checked on Doug Jones? I bet the poor sis regrets representing the most extreme right of all states as a democrat :dies:

King DJ being pro-choice makes his once in a generation victory all that more impressive. It will probably be a rematch between him and Moore with Roy winning :rip:

8 hours ago, Chemist said:

LMAO

3 hours ago, Communion said:

I already see Dave Rubin being all wet in his chair when talking to Pete about "cultural marxists lobbying in the Democratic party" while being funded by far-rightwingers his cringe little show to be their "gay classical liberal in the market of free ideas" token doll sdfghgfdsfhjm :skull: :dies:

Posted (edited)

The fact that the post about Pete's website redirecting abortion rights contributions to his own campaign got ignored is sad. On top of that now this whole Dave Rubin thing. The fact that Pete's camp is even entertaining that idea is pathetic especially knowing how Dave's ideology is swayed by his own personal greed and ambition.  Nnnnn, but I can see why  he would go on the show. Two ambitious gays doing whatever it takes, get that coin girls.

9k1RyQ.gif

Pete's pop emergency to get a quick little hit

8 minutes ago, man***** said:

The fact that the post about Pete's website redirecting abortion rights contributions to his own campaign got ignored is sad. On top of that now this whole Dave Rubin thing. The fact that Pete's camp is even entertaining that idea is pathetic especially knowing how Dave's ideology is swayed by his own personal greed and ambition.  Nnnnn, but I can see why  he would go on the show. Two ambitious gays doing whatever it takes, get that coin girls.

9k1RyQ.gif

Pete's pop emergency to get a quick little hit

The "Donate" button is just part of the email template that his campaign uses for all emails. People trying to make a big deal out of that are just looking for drama. :rip: 

Next person out? :cm:

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

The "Donate" button is just part of the email template that his campaign uses for all emails. People trying to make a big deal out of that are just looking for drama. :rip: 

It's misleading. I went to Bernie's website and it didn't have anything like that in his site.  I appropriately was able to donate to the abortion support networks without any other links that could trick me into recontributing directly to Bernie.  I did it mostly to see if Bernie was pulling the same stunt... Nope.  Sorry 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Chemist said:

A republican in disguise

So are the Butti gangs going to deny that this isn't a phishing tactic?  It's disengenuos.  Bernies site didn't do that. I checked.  You can also check his Instagram story (or here) and it will direct you to the how to donate through his site directly to those Networks and you'll see none of those shenanigans.  Small things but they say allot. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, man***** said:

So are the Butti gangs going to deny that this isn't a phishing tactic?  It's disengenuos.  Bernies site didn't do that. I checked.  You can also check his Instagram story (or here) and it will direct you to the how to donate through his site directly to those Networks and you'll see none of those shenanigans.  Small things but they say allot. 

Literally what are you talking about? The email provides the link to the NARAL website where you can make the donation. Then there's a completely separate link on the bottom of the email to make a campaign donation, which is a template that has been in every campaign email and everyone understands perfectly.

Now if you wanna talk about phishing, that's more in line with redirecting the traffic to your own website to make a donation instead of the organizations' where it would be more transparent and safe. 

33 minutes ago, man***** said:

Why are you making a controversy out of something good stfu

1 hour ago, man***** said:

The lady in charge of the organization literally praises Pete and his work for the cause as a Mayor in this same Twitter thread. You're all just wanting to start drama :skull:

Go back to dragging Pete for, I don't know, not being gay enough or whatever you're choosing this week.

Dave Rubin is a libertarian at best, not a nationally-recognized right-wing news machine. :rip:

OT: Bill de Blasio is a joke. Not even New Yorkers like him.

Someone said Bill de Blasio being 6'5" is the only way he's ever going to lead the 2020 Democratic primary. :dies: