Jump to content
Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... √ó

2020 US Presidential Election ūüáļūüáł Can Trump Speak Norwegian?

7,012 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Troye

Let me send a huge donation to Beto for his nudes. :gaycat4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D_Man3379

Anyone know if Mayor Pete passed the 65,000 requirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haus
1 hour ago, i spit on haters said:

:rip:

:skull: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haus
3 hours ago, LuLuDrops said:

Wig. My family waits until election day to turn it in and despite my hounding forgot this midterm :skull: luckily we are safe d but still.

 

No more excuses, boos, get your fam to sign up for mail-ins and take them to the mailbox together

 

 

i was incredibly surprised to find out how many states don't do this. i've done wisconsin absentee since 2016 and it's always been prepaid. who tf has stamps laying around in 2019 :biblio: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nadiamendell

My two choices are Bernie and Pete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eaucitronnée

ok i managed to slip out of the US political news cycle again, who is pete booty gig and why is he suddenly blowing up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAKSIM
1 hour ago, eaucitronnée said:

ok i managed to slip out of the US political news cycle again, who is pete booty gig and why is he suddenly blowing up

He has had a series of very successful media appearances, the most high profile being at a CNN town hall. 

 

His messaging, unlike other candidates, is that these progressive ideas aren't "progressive", rather they are common-sense and most americans agree with the "progressive" agenda. He also is willing to debate things that are otherwise "untouchable" by people that are in the traditional political establishment, like changing and rehabbing the Supreme Court. On top of that, he is authentically on top of the issues in ways that bring 'obscure' ideas and policy points into easy talking points. One example, is him at this DC event in a bookstore and talking about how countries like Estonia are handling data privacy and security and laws governing algorithms. 

 

Anyway, there are a TON of reasons why he is compelling. He is a gay mayor elected in Mike Pence's Indiana, he is a veteran that served and was deployed WHILE being a mayor, and was 18 years old when he wrote an award winning essay about Bernie's ideas and energy (available to read here https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/past-winning-essays/2000-winning-essay-by-peter-buttigieg ). 

 

On Bernie Sanders, then 18-year-old Pete wrote

 

Quote

Cynical candidates have developed an ability to outgrow their convictions in order to win power. Cynical citizens have given up on the election process, going to the polls at one of the lowest rates in the democratic world. Such an atmosphere inevitably distances our society from its leadership and is thus a fundamental threat to the principles of democracy. It also calls into question what motivates a run for office ‚Äď in many cases, apparently, only the desire to occupy it. Fortunately for the political process, there remain a number of committed individuals who are steadfast enough in their beliefs to run for office to benefit their fellow Americans. Such people are willing to eschew political and personal comfort and convenience because they believe they can make a difference. One outstanding and inspiring example of such integrity is the country‚Äôs only Independent Congressman, Vermont‚Äôs Bernie Sanders.

 

Above all, I commend Bernie Sanders for giving me an answer to those who say American young people see politics as a cesspool of corruption, beyond redemption. I have heard that no sensible young person today would want to give his or her life to public service. I can personally assure you this is untrue.

 

Mayor Pete, like his inspiration from when he was young, is another answer for us young people who wants politics to rise above the cesspool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Maxx

Bernie's SC crowd was diverse in race and age. Of course some members in here will create some false narrative.

 

He cut his head on his shower head and got 7 stitches this morning and is still out campaigning today! :)  :alexz: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LuLuDrops

Super Tuesday may get fatter

Child, if the candidate is chosen after two weeks then I hope the rest of the time is used to campaign. I want them on the road every single day, especially in purple places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ashley Banks

I was at a restaurant and this white older couple at a table near me was talking about how Obama ran up the debt/deficit before Trump came in and fixed everything :toofunny2: They also lowkey dragged AOC ("why is a bartender in Congress?").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAKSIM

I don't get the appeal of Beto for president. He doesn't come across as particularly knowledgable on the issues and I am confused as to where he stands on a number of issues, including health care. 

 

Anyone care to elaborate why they support him?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troye

He's hot, a family man and he's going to hopefully bite into Biden's demographic support. :cm: 

 

Beyond that, he's dead last in my choices. :eli: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloo
2 hours ago, Ashley Banks said:

I was at a restaurant and this white older couple at a table near me was talking about how Obama ran up the debt/deficit before Trump came in and fixed everything :toofunny2: They also lowkey dragged AOC ("why is a bartender in Congress?").

Imagine being this uninformed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imabadkid
21 hours ago, hellocory said:
 


:lmao: 

This isn't surprising. He's not gonna be able to win the nomination, he needs to diversify his coalition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imabadkid
4 hours ago, King Maxx said:

Bernie's SC crowd was diverse in race and age. Of course some members in here will create some false narrative.

 

He cut his head on his shower head and got 7 stitches this morning and is still out campaigning today! :)  :alexz: 

Oh really? I just saw the Twitter video tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shelven
44 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

I don't get the appeal of Beto for president. He doesn't come across as particularly knowledgable on the issues and I am confused as to where he stands on a number of issues, including health care. 

 

Anyone care to elaborate why they support him?

I'm personally neutral on him, but I think a lot of people get Obama/Kennedy vibes from him. He's young, very charismatic, and a really engaging speaker. And as I've said in this thread before, those things alone are enough to garner support from a big chunk of the voting population.

 

This thread exists in a bubble in the sense that almost everybody here is way more informed on policy and "the issues" than the average American voter. Most voters could probably only tell you their own stances on a handful of very general and hot-button issues, and simply don't care about the rest. Voters who aren't opinionated therefore gravitate to personality and charisma to decide who to get behind.

 

It's the same reason why Biden is leading all these early polls even though he's barely communicated his stances on most issues, and a lot of the stances he has communicated are unpopular ones. People just like the gritty, tough, working-class vibe he gives off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwennyGwenGwen
55 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

I don't get the appeal of Beto for president. He doesn't come across as particularly knowledgable on the issues and I am confused as to where he stands on a number of issues, including health care. 

 

Anyone care to elaborate why they support him?

 

 

I'd say the appeal of Beto is populism without the leftism, which for some (if you trust the polls, the plurality of dem primary voters want democrats to move to the right, not the left..idk how much i believe that) is very appealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MAKSIM
Just now, GwennyGwenGwen said:

I'd say the appeal of Beto is populism without the leftism, which for some (if you trust the polls, the plurality of dem primary voters want democrats to move to the right, not the left..idk how much i believe that) is very appealing.

Ugh, ok, I guess that‚Äôs why I have felt uneasy with him. I want some one who can communicate that ‚Äúleftist‚ÄĚ policies are¬†centrism, not some one who will reinforce GOP talking points that¬†the party is moving too far to the left.¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rihannabiggestfan
5 hours ago, Chemist said:

 

:skull:

 

OMG :bibliahh:

5 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

He has had a series of very successful media appearances, the most high profile being at a CNN town hall. 

 

His messaging, unlike other candidates, is that these progressive ideas aren't "progressive", rather they are common-sense and most americans agree with the "progressive" agenda. He also is willing to debate things that are otherwise "untouchable" by people that are in the traditional political establishment, like changing and rehabbing the Supreme Court. On top of that, he is authentically on top of the issues in ways that bring 'obscure' ideas and policy points into easy talking points. One example, is him at this DC event in a bookstore and talking about how countries like Estonia are handling data privacy and security and laws governing algorithms. 

 

Anyway, there are a TON of reasons why he is compelling. He is a gay mayor elected in Mike Pence's Indiana, he is a veteran that served and was deployed WHILE being a mayor, and was 18 years old when he wrote an award winning essay about Bernie's ideas and energy (available to read here https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/past-winning-essays/2000-winning-essay-by-peter-buttigieg ). 

 

On Bernie Sanders, then 18-year-old Pete wrote

 

 

Mayor Pete, like his inspiration from when he was young, is another answer for us young people who wants politics to rise above the cesspool. 

Oh wow, he really does seem like a good, authentic, humble person (hard to find in a presidential candidate :cm:), lemme root for him.

 

31 minutes ago, EllieRox666 said:

 

Walking the walk. I wonder how much coverage this will get :rofl:

:clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shelven
2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

YIKES

 

 

Has Pence gained a significant amount of weight since this term started or is that just a really badly fitting suit? I don't remember him looking this big :skull:

 

Anyways, nobody should be surprised that a racist who supports someone that hates democracy is proud of a racist anti-democratic action :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A Bomb
1 hour ago, EllieRox666 said:

 

Walking the walk. I wonder how much coverage this will get :rofl:

My front runner :clap3:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites