Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

2020 US Presidential Election 🇺🇸 2nd Debates July 30-31

26,627 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Pie-kun said:

The Gravel campaign acting like they're close to qualifying for the debates when they still need 2 more qualifying polls in the next 4 days regardless of how many donors they get 

ColdRepentantHamster-small.gif

:dies:

The 20 seem to be set by now https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dHSFg0jrAeIAqDlFZqAu-5N2x-wk8PT-6H4DbCendUM/htmlview#gid=1699107941

Does he need two or he needs more? Bullock has five qualifying polls above 1% and he's the one with the least amount of qualifying polls. Wouldn't he need to surpass Bullock to take his spot?

Meghan really thought she was on something here:

“I have no intention of attacking Joe Biden”

Good luck with that strategy Ms. Harris :emofish: 

Posted (edited)

Shed make a great attorney general. She is a prosecutor through and through.

Not CNN turning the July Democratic debate lineup announcement into its own event next Thursday. A mess. Just drop the damn lineup online with a headline. :skull: 

37 minutes ago, tiejc said:

:dies:

The 20 seem to be set by now https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dHSFg0jrAeIAqDlFZqAu-5N2x-wk8PT-6H4DbCendUM/htmlview#gid=1699107941

Does he need two or he needs more? Bullock has five qualifying polls above 1% and he's the one with the least amount of qualifying polls. Wouldn't he need to surpass Bullock to take his spot?

Assuming Gravel hits 65,000 donors, he would be automatically locked into the debates if he got two more qualifying polls. Bullock lacks the donors and has the lowest number of qualifying polls, so he'd be kicked out in that case.

Without the donors, Gravel would need either like 4 polls at 1% to tie Bullock or would need to hit the polling threshold with at least one qualifying poll at 2% or more so he could overtake Bullock's polling average.

2 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

It’s difficult to take this thread seriously sometimes. :rip: 

I think some people have crossed the threshold from ironic stanning to delusion :psyduck:

1 hour ago, ariesjow said:

Not CNN turning the July Democratic debate lineup announcement into its own event next Thursday. A mess. Just drop the damn lineup online with a headline. :skull: 

Its kinda embarrassing tbh. 

3 hours ago, Gallop said:

Whoopi is so annoying on the view. She clearly favors Biden and is trying to tear Kamala down for no good reason because she came for him. 

I don’t pay attention to Whoopi. To me, she’s a ****ing idiot when it comes to politics. She was flat out defending Biden’s record on busing and tried to say Obama picking Biden should be enough for anyone to overlook Biden’s record. I can’t stand her. 

1 hour ago, ariesjow said:

Is that supposed to be the “live draw” mess 

1 hour ago, Pie-kun said:

Assuming Gravel hits 65,000 donors, he would be automatically locked into the debates if he got two more qualifying polls. Bullock lacks the donors and has the lowest number of qualifying polls, so he'd be kicked out in that case.

Without the donors, Gravel would need either like 4 polls at 1% to tie Bullock or would need to hit the polling threshold with at least one qualifying poll at 2% or more so he could overtake Bullock's polling average.

and I, oop-

poor pro-war voters :fan: 

1 minute ago, Bitchcraft said:

Is that supposed to be the “live draw” mess 

Yes. CNN acting like they're drawing Powerball numbers for a big jackpot. So unnecessary. No need for all that. :toofunny3: 

36 minutes ago, Chemist said:

:isudumblmao:

These lawyers making damn fools of themselves :bibliahh:

Posted (edited)

I feel like Kamala is really good at holding people accountable for things and attacking others for their bad views, but then she kind of fumbles the ball when she's on the defense and has to justify her own positions and it comes across kind of forced. I guess that's an innate trait of a prosecutor but it can come across as a political weakness.

Kamala is definitely better suited for AG than for President. And Elizabeth for Senate Majority Leader. And Pete for VP. And Biden for retirement. But who for Pres? I think Ms. Clinton. 

At 19, Joe Biden got a job at a predominantly black Wilmington pool in an effort to get to know the African American community. Now, the friends he made there describe his impact on their lives and how they view his complicated approach to race relations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/at-a-wilmington-pool-pranks-nicknames-and-the-racial-education-of-joe-biden/2019/07/12/29fcc8fc-a191-11e9-b732-41a79c2551bf_story.html?tid=sm_fb

@xDiamondx the fact that moderates who find Arpaio a bridge too far and would settle for McSally now have an ideal choice over her :bibliahh:

https://vtdigger.org/2019/07/12/kamala-harris-considers-vermont-campaign-presence-in-challenge-to-bernie-sanders/

Sen. Kamala Harris is weighing whether to set up a campaign operation on Sen. Bernie Sanders’ home turf. The California Democrat plans to send staffers to the Burlington area to test the waters for a “field program” in the Green Mountain State later this month, according to two Democratic sources in Vermont.

The Harris camp has reached out to Vermont supporters, donors and members of the state’s Democratic party about sending a team to Burlington in late July, those sources said. The plan to scout a possible Vermont campaign operation comes after Harris and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass, have surged in the national polls following strong debate performances last month. Meanwhile, Sanders’ numbers have stagnated.

One Democratic organizer, who has been in direct contact with the Harris campaign about the planned visit, said staffers have been discussing setting up a possible campaign outpost in Burlington. The Democratic operative added that Harris has the potential to beat Sanders in the Democratic primary and that doing well in Vermont could be a “final blow” to the elder senator. “Now would be the time to start the organizing work in Vermont to make that happen,” said the source.

This seems like a pretty dumb move and a big waste of time and money if true. Vermont barely has any delegates and Bernie is probably going to easily sweep the state no matter what happens in the primary.

I think she should make herself accessible to everyone.

it's over for the girls, Ms. Gravel is COMING. You had a nice run, Biden.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

3 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

it's over for the girls, Ms. Gravel is COMING. You had a nice run, Biden.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

Girl, he’s still not going to make the debates because of polling. WHAT’S NOT CLICKING

29 minutes ago, Ny0rker said:

who for Pres? I think Ms. Clinton. 

:isudumblmao: x 1000

3 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Girl, he’s still not going to make the debates because of polling. WHAT’S NOT CLICKING

Steve Bullock is going to get kicked out since he lacks donors. :celestial3:

The infighting since the PAGOP is still stinging from last year.