Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Teens struggle with Girls Like You

8 posts in this topic

Calypso

On top of that it is #74 on spotify, #111 on Apple Music, #5 on Youtube and #40 on itunes (correct my stats if wrong)....how is this song still #1?? Purely based off radio? when people aren't checking for the song as much elsewhere anymore? Is this some amazing radio payola?

NewRihannaStan

Hmmm interesting . I mean the song is generic and when do most of us listen to the radio anymore ??

lepetitmonstr
6 minutes ago, Calypso said:

On top of that it is #74 on spotify, #111 on Apple Music, #5 on Youtube and #40 on itunes (correct my stats if wrong)....how is this song still #1?? Purely based off radio? when people aren't checking for the song as much elsewhere anymore? Is this some amazing radio payola?

Hmmm she has made some points.:skull:

lepetitmonstr
6 minutes ago, Calypso said:

Hmmm she has made some points.:skull:

45seconds

Yes it is #1 because of radio. This isn’t new. In fact, unless I’m mistaken, Maroon 5 did the exact same thing with One More Night. That song had a similar streak and stayed on top because of radio. 

HïFidelity

I didn’t know the song was maroon 5 until I saw the video with Cardi, and I hear it all the time.

People genuinely love the song tho. It’s  just a very generic song.

Thuggin

I guess it makes sense. The song smashed hard on radio, so parents would probably be a lot more familiar with it, whereas it only did okay on Spotify, which proves teens probably didn’t listen to it as much.