Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Camila VS Meghan, More Successful Debut Era?

36 posts in this topic

Navyofbadgals

AATB > Havana

Title first week > Camila first week

Title overall > Camila overall

I mean 🤷‍♂️

Camila the era is somewhere between Title and Thank You’s success, and prolly closer to the latter 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reza

Is this a joke? :deadbanana2:Meghan's first single outsold anything camilla has done both in 5H and solo. :rip:

STONE
6 minutes ago, Reza said:

Is this a joke? :deadbanana2:Meghan's first single outsold anything camilla has done both in 5H and solo. :rip:

Is it really? :deadbanana: I always see ATRLer always tryna discredit AATB success and many Camilizars said Havana is global smash :deadbanana4:

ianwallace
4 minutes ago, STONE said:

Is it really? :deadbanana: I always see ATRLer always tryna discredit AATB success and many Camilizars said Havana is global smash :deadbanana4:

Ikr? Nonsense. Havana was barely a local hit. 

Needy

I hope this thread is a joke :deadbanana2: I think Like I’m Gonna Lose You alone outsold her combined discography in pure and it didn’t even go top 5. Not to mention all of Meghan’s 6 hits as a lead artist have a 3x platinum or higher certification and All About That Bass is diamond. Also the fact that Title (album) is 3x platinum with Camila’s still struggling to get anywhere close to multiplatinum

Reza
34 minutes ago, STONE said:

AATB sold 11 million copies alone and they werent all in the US. it was #1 in multiple countries and number 1 on the Billboard  hot 100 for like 7 or 8 weeks. :dies:

rihannabiggestfan

LOL Meghan sweetie, I'm so sorry!

DELE2125

Title outsold Camila by almost 10 TIMES :rip:

All About That Bass outsold all Camila's singles + 5th Harmony's singles COMBINED 💀:sku

Meghan actually scored THREE TOP TEN hits from her debut album (Camila only two) while she also scored an additional top 20 also from her debut album (Camila's Consequences is struggling to even chart).

Meghan won a Grammy for Best New Artist (Camila isn't even eligible and had to release a Live Version of her only global hit to even be considered after the original version being rejected already last year) :toofunny3:

All About That Bass is certified DIAMOND, none of Camila's single has reached that and will never do given how Havana is selling less than 5k per week and out of the top 100 on both Spotify and Apple Music.

rihannabiggestfan
2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

All About That Bass outsold all Camila's singles + 5th Harmony's singles COMBINED 💀:sku

Meghan actually scored THREE TOP TEN hits from her debut album (Camila only two) while she also scored an additional top 20 also from her debut album (Camila's Consequences is struggling to even chart).

Meghan won a Grammy for Best New Artist (Camila isn't even eligible and had to release a Live Version of her only global hit to even be considered after the original version being rejected already last year) :toofunny3:

All About That Bass is certified DIAMOND, none of Camila's single has reached that and will never do given how Havana is selling less than 5k per week and out of the top 100 on both Spotify and Apple Music.

It's like comparing 21 to Reputation :cm:

AvrilLaQueen

the "Dear Future Husband" songstress

Sweetener

ChrisTheLoner

Title by far and you’d have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Blank

CaMiLa is the biggest artist of all time according to the cameliZers so her!

Gaara
18 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

In what world is Title 10x bigger than Camila??? You're comparing album sales from 2015 vs 2018 but even then, Title is only bigger in the US and UK in terms of SPS while Camila is much bigger WW in terms of streaming 

Also, you're delusional if you think All About That Bass outsold all of Camila's singles...It didn't even outsell Havana outside of the US and in terms of streaming Havana is much bigger in every aspect  

OT: I think Title is the bigger era overall but Camila isn't far behind. 

Needy
7 minutes ago, Gaara said:

In what world is Title 10x bigger than Camila???

In this world

7 minutes ago, Gaara said:

You're comparing album sales from 2015 vs 2018 but even then, Title is only bigger in the US and UK in terms of SPS while Camila is much bigger WW in terms of streaming 

Then why is Camila millions behind in sales plus streaming (SPS) equivalents?

8 minutes ago, Gaara said:

Also, you're delusional if you think All About That Bass outsold all of Camila's singles...It didn't even outsell Havana outside of the US

All About That Bass sold (pure) 11 million copies. Please point to a reliable source that suggests even Camila's combined discography sold this much? Heck she probably didn't even sell this much combined with her girl group

10 minutes ago, Gaara said:

in terms of streaming Havana is much bigger in every aspect  

So its not fair to compare sales from different years but streams are fair game? Makes sense

10 minutes ago, Gaara said:

I think Title is the bigger era overall but Camila isn't far behind. 

Wrong.

FAN
Just now, Lophorina said:

Meghan has a Grammy Award

Not fair because Camilas era hasn't had a chance to be nominated yet. 

OT: Meghan's first era was bigger but she took a massive nosedive after so we'll see how Camila's 2nd era holds up.