Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why is "Taki Taki" or GLY not on Cardi's Spotify page?

18 posts in this topic

Cap10Planet

I'm just curious.

"Taki Taki" is the #1 song in the world, yet Cardi's top song on her page is "I Like It." "Girls Like You" wasn't ever on her Spotify top 10 most popular tracks.

Features typically are credited to all artists involved. For instance, "Backin It Up" and "Finesse" are on Cardi's list. Cardi is tagged on both "Taki Taki" and "Girls Like You," yet both are nowhere on her top list. They should be her #1 and #2, and her monthly listeners should be ~40 million.

Can anyone explain why they aren't credited to her on her page?

Needy

Thats what I was thinking. Cuz I remember a recent thread claiming Selena has the most monthly listeners for a female currently and (as much as I love her) I was like there's no way she has more than Cardi

Cap10Planet
Just now, Sweetener said:

Thats what I was thinking. Cuz I remember a recent thread claiming Selena has the most monthly listeners for a female currently and (as much as I love her) I was like there's no way she has more than Cardi

And "Taki Taki" and "Girls Like You" are definitely getting more plays than "Backin It Up," yet "Backin It Up" is her #7 song right now. Makes no sense.

Cap10Planet

"Taki Taki" is currently Selena's and Ozuna's #1 song.

Spotify has some explaining to do.

vpgr54.jpg

DanceForYou

Cardi is being sabotaged by Cash Money Records.

q43dwiT.gif

Cap10Planet
Just now, DanceForYou said:

Cardi being sabotaged by Cash Money Records.

q43dwiT.gif

I mean, I didn't want to say anything.

But there's no way the other girl has more listeners in 2018.

62778_original.gif

BreatheMoi

Maybe it’s being listed on the Spotify of the person who wrote the rap for her 

q43dwiT.gif

Cap10Planet
2 minutes ago, BreatheMoi said:

Maybe it’s being listed on the Spotify of the person who wrote the rap for her 

q43dwiT.gif

Edgy. Three of her features are credited to her, and Selena doesn't write, so that's not the reason.

q43dwiT.gif

IBeMe

I think Cardi and Atlantic themselves chose not to feature them on her spotify page. Cardi recently mentioned that she felt she went too pop. It's probably to not alienate her core urban audience visiting her spotify page.

Caesar

It's most likely a glitch, since there's so many artists tagged

edit: oh it's GLY too, idk then tbh

Cap10Planet
2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I think Cardi and Atlantic themselves chose not to feature them on her spotify page. Cardi recently mentioned that she felt she went too pop. It's probably to not alienate her core urban audience visiting her spotify page.

I was thinking of that possibility as well. Her urban features are definitely there. Funnily enough, I don't think the urban listeners would care that much.

Ghiles

I mean if Swalla, Woman Like Me etc. are on Nicki's page then I don't see why Cardi's features shouldn't be on hers

q43dwiT.gif

IBeMe
1 minute ago, Cap10Planet said:

I was thinking of that possibility as well. Her urban features are definitely there. Funnily enough, I don't think the urban listeners would care that much.

Agreed. I mean she's always been a bit pop oriented in general so her audience is used to it. I hope they just tag it onto her page eventually. It would make her monthly average rise immensly and create more traction on her page in general.

Cap10Planet
1 minute ago, Tsareena said:

she's not credited as a lead :michael:

She was not lead on "Finesse," "Motorsport" or "Backin It Up," but she was credited. I think IBeMe's theory is the most accurate.

feelingsonfire
25 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

:cm:

Phuccery, Inc.
46 minutes ago, Sweetener said:

For as big as Cardi is. She's kind of local. So it's believable. 

And their entire profiles is curated by labels. There has to be some reason her team wants to prop up her own singles over some features. I'm guessing they don't care much to promote anything outside her main singles discography. She still gets credited and it aint like the songs need the help :michael:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0