Do any pop girls ACTUALLY buy credits?

192 posts in this topic

One of the most widespread shades and rumors you'll see spread on ATRL is the notion that various pop girls buy writing credits (It usually comes up towards quite a few girls. I think Britney, Katy, Madonna, and especially Bey get hit the hardest with this rumor). However, usually it doesn't seem to go far beyond that.

Now, I DO know several industry insiders have hinted that this really *does* happen. I guess I'm just curious if we have any evidence that really supports the idea that Pop Girl Z DOES do this, or that Pop Girl X definitely DOES NOT do it, despite rumors? Or is it mostly just speculation?

Katy definitely doesn't :rip:

Just now, h.u.r.r.i.c.a.n.e said:

Katy definitely doesn't :rip:

Any receipts, just OOC? I do think I recall a Sia interview where she mentioned Katy was actually a bit over controlling, but I might be remembering wron

Katy definitely doesn't. 

Why would you buy credits though? 

Madonna is accused of that? By whom? Everyone that works with her says how much she actually writes.

She was nominated for the Songwriter Hall Of Fame more than once. 

She has songs written only by her, etc...

Agreed about Brit and Bey. 

I also have a feeling some rappers do it too. 

1 minute ago, Repo said:

Any receipts, just OOC? I do think I recall a Sia interview where she mentioned Katy was actually a bit over controlling, but I might be remembering wron

doesn't that obviously show that katy doesn't? like... :rip:

1 minute ago, Repo said:

Just now, tiagol88 said:

Madonna is accused of that? By whom? Everyone that works with her says how much she actually writes.

She was nominated for the Songwriter Hall Of Fame more than once. 

She has songs written only by her, etc...

Agreed about Brit and Bey. 

I also have a feeling some rappers do it too. 

I've seen people accuse Madonna of it on here :skull: I have no idea if it's true or not, though

As for Brit, Kesha actually confirmed she didn't in an interview. I'm not sure if there's anything one way or another on Bey.

As far as rappers go, Azealia Banks does. I believe she (and Iggy) are confirmed to have ghostwriters :skull:

2 minutes ago, katycat737 said:

Katy definitely doesn't. 

Why would you buy credits though? 

Usually it's done to appear more respectable or something, which Katy doesn't seem to care about (not to shade her, but obvi she's more interested in a fun track than a "respectable" song for critics)

Considering people that worked with both Britney and Beyoncé came out and spoke about how hands on they are, it proves otherwise.

The GP doesn't care who writes their songs. Not then, not now.

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

Considering people that worked with both Britney and Beyoncé came out and spoke about how hands on they are, it proves otherwise.

As a Britney fan, this proves nothing. She (or Bey) are both capable of lying

Mariah, the smartest lyricist, has to write her own, because no one is smart enough to write songs like her.

Kelly actually changed lots of lyrics in some of her biggest songs, and didn't want to take a writing credit for it, because she felt she didn't change enough for it to be warranted. A true humble legend.

Just now, Repo said:

As a Britney fan, this proves nothing. She (or Bey) are both capable of lying

They aren't the ones saying it, it's the people that worked with them. :toofunny2:

And no you're not.

I'm sure they do

Some do and some don't that's all there is to it really

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

The GP doesn't care who writes their songs. Not then, not now.

I think they do, but it doesn't really affect their buying too much. People comment a lot on about writing credits, like that stupid one that circulated about how Beyonce had like seven writers for Run The World and Freddie Mercury wrote Bohemian Rhapsody solo. 

Just now, Antimony said:

They aren't the ones saying it, it's the people that worked with them. :toofunny2:

And no you're not.

That's like saying Trump/Hillary's teams can be counted on to be honest about Trump/Hillary

I literally flew to Vegas to see Brit. She's in my Sig. I'm genuinely a Brit fan :skull:

1 minute ago, Witch Privilege said:

Mariah, the smartest lyricist, has to write her own, because no one is smart enough to write songs like her.

Kelly actually changed lots of lyrics in some of her biggest songs, and didn't want to take a writing credit for it, because she felt she didn't change enough for it to be warranted. A true humble legend.

:ahh: Come on sis you need to listen to more music then. 

10 minutes ago, Repo said:

One of the most widespread shades and rumors you'll see spread on ATRL is the notion that various pop girls buy writing credits (It usually comes up towards quite a few girls. I think Britney, Katy, Madonna, and especially Bey get hit the hardest with this rumor). However, usually it doesn't seem to go far beyond that.

Now, I DO know several industry insiders have hinted that this really *does* happen. I guess I'm just curious if we have any evidence that really supports the idea that Pop Girl Z DOES do this, or that Pop Girl X definitely DOES NOT do it, despite rumors? Or is it mostly just speculation?

Madonna has never been accused of this by anyone credible 

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

:ahh: Come on sis you need to listen to more music then. 

The receipts don't lie. Mariah is the Queen of the Dictionary!

NNJhhus.png?1

Just now, Witch Privilege said:

NNJhhus.png?1

I am actually surprised Katy is so high since she's usually stereotypes as being cheesy/weak at writing omfg :skull:

You decide

4 minutes ago, Witch Privilege said:

NNJhhus.png?1

:toofunny3: Ok snatch me then sis. 

8 minutes ago, Repo said:

That's like saying Trump/Hillary's teams can be counted on to be honest about Trump/Hillary

I literally flew to Vegas to see Brit. She's in my Sig. I'm genuinely a Brit fan :skull:

Those people are independent or freelanced to work with these artists. You're confusing A&R/PR with musicians that have no PR obligations when working with these artists

Then don't get her dragged with that Bey comparison :cm:

6 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I think they do, but it doesn't really affect their buying too much. People comment a lot on about writing credits, like that stupid one that circulated about how Beyonce had like seven writers for Run The World and Freddie Mercury wrote Bohemian Rhapsody solo. 

Ugh that one pisses me off so much. Like people will not acknowledge it uses a sample so that's where Diplo comes in. 

Just now, LoveLiveMusic said:

Ugh that one pisses me off so much. Like people will not acknowledge it uses a sample so that's where Diplo comes in. 

Exactly :toofunny3: