Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

104 posts in this topic

Jtyoung
Just now, Diarrhoea said:

The last song I really liked by her was Quiz :katie:

I haven’t been a huge fan of this era, I’m hoping the album tracks turn it around.

She needs to start doing something different. *** Cake and S.T.D. sounded different then her latest 3 releases, but the last three releases all sounded like the same project.

Jtyoung
Just now, Diarrhoea said:

A cute cover tbh

I’m not sure that’s the cover. Her picture on Twitter is the wrong size and I think her Instagram post is just the same picture cut to fit Instagram. 

careerfatality
2 minutes ago, Jtyoung said:

I’m not sure that’s the cover. Her picture on Twitter is the wrong size and I think her Instagram post is just the same picture cut to fit Instagram. 

its the cover

Jtyoung
5 minutes ago, careerfatality said:

its the cover

Gorgeous either way :celestial4:

starsweburnaway

WIG

ready for the new music from the queen of rap

jesus del rey

This cover is AMAZING. I am gagged! Slay us queen of rap. :jonny5:

Floraholique

The cover seems unfinished for some reason but I’m ready for this album. Hot Pockets was cute, but Quiz and Blackjack point to direction and growth

madonnas
36 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

The last song I really liked by her was Quiz :katie:

She's only released two songs after that.

I agree tho that they were lackluster compared to a lot of Ephorize/Quiz. 

GrandeVersace

I haven't liked anything she released since Quiz. I hope those singles are scrapped.

DevinWylde

like I've said in the past, she's always been much more of an album artist than a singles artist, so just because the three singles we assume are a part of this album haven't clicked means nothing. also I get where someone was coming from when they said her three albums all sound the same (CC and STD were demoted to mixtapes) but I think that comes from only listening to the songs she turns into singles. each album develops it's own sound in a sense, but I do see that too much of it is the same old same old.

also is no one gonna mention that Cardi liked the cover on Instagram? do I smell a collab? will the first cupcakKe track to feature someone end up on this album?

Jtyoung
44 minutes ago, DevinWylde said:

like I've said in the past, she's always been much more of an album artist than a singles artist, so just because the three singles we assume are a part of this album haven't clicked means nothing. also I get where someone was coming from when they said her three albums all sound the same (CC and STD were demoted to mixtapes) but I think that comes from only listening to the songs she turns into singles. each album develops it's own sound in a sense, but I do see that too much of it is the same old same old.

also is no one gonna mention that Cardi liked the cover on Instagram? do I smell a collab? will the first cupcakKe track to feature someone end up on this album?

Who “demoted” CC and STD to mixtapes? Has she called them mixtapes somewhere? I’m not challenging you on this, just curious. They definitely sound more like mixtapes.

DevinWylde
50 minutes ago, Jtyoung said:

Who “demoted” CC and STD to mixtapes? Has she called them mixtapes somewhere? I’m not challenging you on this, just curious. They definitely sound more like mixtapes.

I'm not sure she officially claimed anything but everywhere you look Audacious was promoted as her debut. CC and STD were also available on SoundCloud for free, something different than Audacious. All of the articles and such about Audacious claim it's her debut, and I perfectly accept that since the style and budget change is very obvious.