Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Windows XP vs Windows 7. Superior?

30 posts in this topic

Prisoner

I like using 7 more because it's just so user friendly. But XP has that "Windows" feeling unlike other versions which all feel too sugar coated

I'd say 7>XP>98 (but XP>7>98 in terms of aesthetic) 

Bloo

Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever put out. Windows 10 is a close second. XP comes in third.

If you want a hilarious throwback, check out Microsoft Bob. :toofunny3: 

americanlife

Windows 7 is their best OS and the one I'm used to. Still getting used to Windows 10 since I've only used it on school computers and I barely used Windows 8.

7 > XP > 10 > 8

Prisoner
2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever put out. Windows 10 is a close second. XP comes in third.

OMG, i actually burst out laughing :ahh:

BlackoutZone

7 is the best

7 > XP > 10 > 8.1 > 8 >>> Vista

Illuminati

They don't support XP so Windows 7 or Windows 10 is the way to go

Illuminati
19 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

I thought 90s kids already grew out of their edgy phase

Afterglow

10 is most certainly their best, but XP has that Windows feeling like no other.

pavi
1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Truth. Can't live without the search function introduced in 7 anymore

Steve Jobs

Win 7 was the best MS OS. Windows 10 still feels half baked. 

shinyshimmery

I loved the redesign that came with Vista, unfortunately the OS itself was too faulty, but look-wise it was a huge step up from XP. I think windows 7 is the most stable version of Windows, and in terms of functionality it's the most efficient and easy to use. 

I'm still getting used to Windows 10, but don't like it too much... my dad has a laptop/tablet hybrid and using Win 10 on it, and tablet mode is a pain. 

Bloo
3 hours ago, Prisoner said:

Legit my favorite thing ever. I want to use it so badly but I'm a bit afraid to do so . :toofunny2: 

Can't_M!ss_This

I believe I’ve used every version of Windows since 93. My longest experience was with Windows Vista and I honestly never got the hate for it. I ran it in a Toshiba laptop that had 2GB of RAM, which was probably decent in 2008-2013. I liked how the photo gallery worked. You could edit photos in the viewer thing. When I moved to a laptop with Windows 7, that was gone. I briefly had a laptop with Windows 8 before I returned it because it was way underpowered. The Windows 7 laptop I was gifted was updated to Windows 10 and I just never cared for it. It felt like it didn’t know if it wanted to a mobile or a desktop OS, same as Windows 8 but just a tad more certain. 

Since moving to macOS, I’m much happier. 

Pop culture

tbh if XP had DirectX10 support and the new audio interface it would win.

Cute

windows Vista and Windows 7 were the last good windows, it has been crap since then, i hate the new start button pop up for the new windows 

xclusivestylesz

Windows 2000 tbh. I used to change the theme and sound effects every week. The jungle theme with the Panther went hard  🤣🤘🏽

Bloo
On 10/19/2018 at 4:48 AM, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I believe I’ve used every version of Windows since 93. My longest experience was with Windows Vista and I honestly never got the hate for it. I ran it in a Toshiba laptop that had 2GB of RAM, which was probably decent in 2008-2013. I liked how the photo gallery worked. You could edit photos in the viewer thing. When I moved to a laptop with Windows 7, that was gone. I briefly had a laptop with Windows 8 before I returned it because it was way underpowered. The Windows 7 laptop I was gifted was updated to Windows 10 and I just never cared for it. It felt like it didn’t know if it wanted to a mobile or a desktop OS, same as Windows 8 but just a tad more certain. 

Since moving to macOS, I’m much happier. 

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: 

Iceland

Imagine using windows these days :biblio:

It’s a horrible OS

can’t relate 

KeshasFansRose

Windows 7 runs horribly on typical office/work, cheap, underpowered laptops/ PCs. Windows 10 is much faster on them. XP ran great at first, but by the end of its life, it was sluggish and buggy I found. Of course, that could've just been my computer.

Switched to mac in 2012 and never looked back 

Dessy

XP was the best design imo.

7 was a breeze to use though.

I like Windows 10 better than 7 though. 

Oktober Knight

I used to stan XP so hard and thought there's no possible way another Windows could top this... Until 7 came out. Windows 7 is my favorite of all time, it was such a smooth OS.