Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Next MTV Video vanguard: Gaga?

89 posts in this topic

slw84

Will the comeback era if A star is born make her the strongest contender (besides Visual Empress Missy Elliott) for the 2019 MJ video vanguard?

the stars are aligning for the legend...

:celestial3:

cypriotpcdfan

MISSY ****ING ELLIOT. They keep snubbing year after year and it's ridiculous. She deserved the award way before Britney, JT, Rih, Bey e.t.c

Eleven Diamonds

My wish would be for Xtina to get it ONLY so she could perform an iconic medley of ha hits while showing off her godly vocals and reinventions through the years (as shown by her videography), and ending the performance that night by ripping up ha RCA contract and dropping the lead single to ha Emancipation of Maria era! Just imagine the statement that'd make I- :duca:

Shinning

They really should wait a few years before they start awarding it to the Gaga/Katy/Taylor generation.

Rih already got it but she debuted a few years before the others and she's better than them.

So yeah next should be Missy or Xtina.

ARTGOD

I think she deserves it but her music videos have been kinda weak lately and she hasn’t released that many in almost half a decade, I would like it after another era with strong videos.

brainmaniac

People in her pretending they care about Missy Elliott :rip: Gaga wouldn’t make sense next either 

slobro

Gaga's been above the VMAs for a while, I don't think she's going to show up to the VMAs ever again

IAMRodrigo
3 minutes ago, JCON said:

Missy, P!nk or Xtina

no Gaga

P!nk again?

2x Vanguard for the queen

FutureHive
1 hour ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

MISSY ****ING ELLIOT. They keep snubbing year after year and it's ridiculous. She deserved the award way before Britney, JT, Rih, Bey e.t.c

MTV is w8ing for her to catch a decent hit in this era so they can bring her out. but thatll never happen

Roberto
1 hour ago, Shinning said:

They really should wait a few years before they start awarding it to the Gaga/Katy/Taylor generation.

Rih already got it but she debuted a few years before the others and she's better than them.

Better than Gaga and Taylor? Yeah, sure, maybe at make-up tutorials. :bibliahh:

Suspendedintheair
1 hour ago, Shinning said:

Ikyfl

ScarletWitch

Gaga already deserved one for making Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro music videos which were pop culture events at their time

Elite Four Brad

i think gaga should get it this year for sure, then taylor after that.

@michael

Who gives a **** about this award after they gave it to Jennifer Lopez

Fireman25

Lady Gaga will most likely get next year since 2019 will be her year with Golden Globes and The Oscars

Jeremiah

That award lost all value in 2012, so they can hand it to anyone idc.