Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events: S2 - Mar 30

390 posts in this topic

Smithy

Netflix finally giving me the answers I’ve waited 10 years for 

tumblr_inline_p34jg26nzT1qgcevw_540.gif

Scandalous

finally got around to finishing this and I really liked how they wrapped things up

I agree that I would've loved like a '10 years later' type montage to see what happened to the Baudelaires after they came to shore but oh well. also kinda disappointed at the Quagmires storyline basically being left in S2 (what was the point of bringing in Will and Cobie's characters in S1 if they were never gonna do anything with them?)

and why would (young) Beatrice's last name be Baudelaire? :rip:

DayByDay

I can't get over how cute the little actress who plays Sunny is...like I really can't especially in season 3 she was at her cutest.:weeps:

superben

Such a cute series. I have always been a fan of the franchise. 

I like how the wrap things (that is different from the book), but I just wish they never reveal the contents of the sugar bowl. It'd better remain a mystery.

TheCheetahwings
3 minutes ago, superben said:

Such a cute series. I have always been a fan of the franchise. 

I like how the wrap things (that is different from the book), but I just wish they never reveal the contents of the sugar bowl. It'd better remain a mystery.

I think they did this for primarily Tv fans, not the book fans. Most of the book fans understand the point of The End is to accept unanswered questions & stop searching for all the answers, but TV fans get pissed. Just look at how some people are still pissed there wasn't enough closure for the Baudelaires (except for the fact that it more or less confirms they make it back to mainland, unlike the books). Although I would've been happier with the contents not revealed, I can accept it in the TV series. It's important to remember hat just because it's that in the TV series doesn't mean it's that in the book series though.

superben
On 1/4/2019 at 3:28 AM, Nikko said:

Oh and Lucy Punch was so great, she truly outdid herself. 

The girl who plays Carmelita as well. 

DirtyPony87

I liked all 3 seasons of this cute, precious show, but season 3 captivated me in ways that the first 2 seasons never did. An exciting climax with TPP and a beautiful denouement with TE. I actually like that we didn’t see the Baudelaires after they sailed away. I like that being left ambiguous. Generally, I’m alright with ambiguity, especially since that tends to imitate how things in life are often left unanswered, but it can be hard to pull this off unless it’s done masterfully when telling a story. My criticism of the series (books included, I guess) is that they shoe-horned too many plots and story threads into this “ambiguity” field, and it fel a little cheap and like a bit of a cop-out. Again, while I see what the author was going for, I still feel like this could have been done more effectively and had more impact by resolving some things, that seemingly went nowhere by the end of the series, and left some more poignant and tangible threads as ambiguous. Overall, I was really pleased with the time I spent with this show. I’ll probably check out the books cause I enjoy the characters. Also, while disappointed that things go “the way I wanted them to go” (I was expecting a cute ending with Justice Strauss - but that’s just not how this story goes), I’m happy that it was a bittersweet and melancholy ending that fit the tone and theme of the books/show. I really liked it a lot overall. 

Also, I’m glad that the show took this story to places the movie adaptation never did or could have. The way this was adapted was perfect for the pacing of the story.

bestfiction

Okay so I've finished it too. I've enjoyed it a lot but I guess S2 will the the best for me. Hostile Hospital is THAT part honestly. :jonny:

The overall thing that I didn't really like is that they did not dedicate enough time for some charachters, notably the carnival freaks (they needed to appear in PP imo) and Ishmael who was kinda important, at least to me, for the plot of The End. Overall the End, imo, is pretty rushed, the fact that the Island people left very soon, the fact thet Baudlers came on the island the day before the Decision day when in books they have been livin there for a quite some time and many little aspects that were kinda essential.They definitely should've divided The End into 2 episodes, especially if they aimed to make a more desciptive ending. 

I liked however, that they revealed some sercets and make the ending more positive.

[/spoiler[

superben
On 1/10/2019 at 12:46 AM, TheCheetahwings said:

I think they did this for primarily Tv fans, not the book fans. Most of the book fans understand the point of The End is to accept unanswered questions & stop searching for all the answers, but TV fans get pissed. Just look at how some people are still pissed there wasn't enough closure for the Baudelaires (except for the fact that it more or less confirms they make it back to mainland, unlike the books). Although I would've been happier with the contents not revealed, I can accept it in the TV series. It's important to remember hat just because it's that in the TV series doesn't mean it's that in the book series though.

Well said :clap3:

James_Dean

Finally finished the series :jonny4: i'm so sad it's over. So so good!!

I love Max Greenfield and Joan Cusack so much :chick1:

ZachM

Netflix FINALLY did this damn series justice. I have been waiting YEARS since the ****ty af movie for this.

I like that we FINALLY got answers. 

The Sugar Bowl contains sugar that has an immunization to Medusoid Mycelium. Quigley makes it back to his siblings. The Baudelaires SURVIVE and lead happy lives.

He alluded to ALL of these things in the book and pointed directly to them, the TV series just confirmed them IMO.

The fact that Daniel Handler had a hand in this and what was put at the end of the TV series means that it's basically canon. These are probably exactly what happened in the books. 

The Unforgiving

It's so bittersweet but I_Have_Questions.mp3

Spoiler

How can they return home when they've been accused of all these crimes? I mean Olaf still hasn't been found guilty, so they haven't been cleared from all accusations.

And did all the Nobles really die in the hotel?

Speaking of, who are exactly the VFD agents in that hotel? They did not specify.

And is Ismael Captain Widdershins aka Fiona and Fernald's step-father?