194 posts in this topic

intheneonlights

vox-lux-soundtrack.jpg

Soundtrack for the movie of the same title. First single "Wrapped Up" out December 7, full soundtrack out December 14.

TRACKLISTING:

1. "Wrapped Up" (Sia, Greg Kurstin) - Performed by Raffey Cassidy & Stacy Martin

2. "Wrapped Up" (Sia, Greg Kurstin) - Performed by Raffey Cassidy

3. "Alive" (Sia, Jesse Saint John, Grant Michaels) - Performed by Raffey Cassidy

4. "Your Body Talk" (Sia, Chris Braide) - Performed by Raffey Cassidy

5. "Hologram (Smoke and Mirrors)" (Sia, Fernando Garibay) - Performed by Raffey Cassidy

6. "Blinded By Love" (Sia, Fernando Garibay, Miro, DNNYD) - Performed by Natalie Portman

7. "Firecracker" (Sia, Alex Palmer, LEFTI) - Performed by Natalie Portman

8. "Sweat and Tears" (Sia, Jake Troth, LEFTI) - Performed by Natalie Portman

9. "Private Girl" (Sia, Stargate) - Performed by Natalie Portman

10. "Wrapped Up" (Sia, Greg Kurstin) - Performed by Natalie Portman

11. "EKG" (Sia, Al Shux) - Performed by Natalie Portman

SNIPPETS:

"Wrapped Up"

"Hologram"

Scandalous

this will slay :jonny:

1 hour ago, Instant said:

Most critics dragged those songs by saying that they sound like parodies :toofunny2: 

I thought that was the point :rip: 

intheneonlights
4 minutes ago, Instant said:

Most critics dragged those songs by saying that they sound like parodies :toofunny2: 

They do :rip: They're all really basic pop songs

trainsskyscrapers

Get that hit album. :soda:

I want Jennifer Lawrence to do the same thing as her voice is nice.

Miracle
2 hours ago, Instant said:

i'm excited to hear a pop album of songs that sounds like parodies of 2011 pop

intheneonlights

“I reached out to [Sia] very early on,” Corbet recalled. “I realized it was going to be very problematic to have nine original pop songs… realized we needed one partner, and the list was extremely short of artists that actually write their own pop songs that are also really good. I thought it would be too easy to make a mockery of these songs if they weren’t good. The movie wouldn’t be compelling, we wouldn’t really be wrestling with anything if all of it was just total crap. Even though the costumes are so garish, it’s rooted in something, these songs, they’re really exciting pop songs.… There’s like hits on that soundtrack. I reached out to [Sia] and she really kindly opened up her library to us of stuff that she had written a long long time ago that had been produced around the time that parts of the movie take place. It was basically a process of mixing and matching lyrics and choruses and verses to make the soundtrack. And then everything had to be re-recorded, remade, re-produced.… We had a soundtrack for a movie that didn’t exist for like two years.”

Portman added, “It was incredible when I received the script to have the Sia songs with it. I remember getting the email with these attachments of the songs, and she sings them on the demos herself, so of course they’re just gorgeous, beautiful songs and really great pop songs. So I knew that it was realistic, because if you read a script and it says, ‘And then she writes the next pop song’ and you don’t see the song, you’re like, ‘Okay, good luck getting that.’ But it was clear from the beginning that it had this incredible music. And getting to record it was really fun.”

From Entertainment Weekly

:rip: @ the director praising the songs, they sounded kind of bad in the film and I thought that was the point :rip:

Superbitch
1 hour ago, intheneonlights said:

From Entertainment Weekly

:rip: @ the director praising the songs, they sounded kind of bad in the film and I thought that was the point :rip:

Yeah I watched it this weekend and it’s obvious they were made with that purpose lol. I really really want the song that made her go

viral. And even her first song as a teenager sounded better too lol. 

intheneonlights
5 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Yeah I watched it this weekend and it’s obvious they were made with that purpose lol. I really really want the song that made her go

viral. And even her first song as a teenager sounded better too lol. 

What did you think of the film? I absolutely LOVED it, the first half especially. The part about her flying to Stockholm to record pop songs was a kii and gave me Britney teas :rip:

Superbitch
53 minutes ago, intheneonlights said:

What did you think of the film? I absolutely LOVED it, the first half especially. The part about her flying to Stockholm to record pop songs was a kii and gave me Britney teas :rip:

I ****ing loved it. Yes!!! Lol saw some Gaga too lol. 

Portman was just :jonny5:

but i really need that one song tho!!! Raffey did that