Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Elizabeth Warren to release DNA test proving Native ancestry

73 posts in this topic

Jan

Sen. Elizabeth Warren has released the results of a DNA analysis showing she has distant Native American ancestry, which could pre-empt further questions and attacks should she run for president in 2020.

Warren first faced scrutiny for her purported Native American heritage during her 2012 Senate race. But President Donald Trump has revived and amplified the controversy as he eyes Warren as a possible rival, frequently mocking her with the nickname "Pocahontas."

But Warren now has documentation to back up her family lore, thanks to an analysis performed by Carlos Bustamante, a professor of genetics at Stanford and adviser to Ancestry and 23 and Me.

In a rollout video about Warren's heritage, the Massachusetts Democrat is seen sitting behind a laptop as she calls Bustamante.

"Now, the President likes to call my mom a liar," Warren asks him. "What do the facts say?"

Bustamante responds, "The facts suggest that you absolutely have a Native American ancestor in your pedigree." Warren is shown nodding.

Bustamante's full report is now posted on Warren's website, along with other supporting documents and interviews detailing her background.

According to the report, "the great majority of (Warren's) identifiable ancestry is European." However, the report adds, "The analysis also identified 5 genetic segments as Native American in origin at high confidence."

Bustamante's analysis places Warren's Native American ancestor between six and 10 generations ago, with the report estimating eight generations. "The identity of the sample donor, Elizabeth Warren, was not known to the analyst during the time the work was performed," the report says. [...]

source: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-native-american/

Elizabeth-warren-not-cherokee-indian-678

Becky's pearls
4 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

I guess this confirms she's running for President. 

Welp, Trump will get a second term

dperkins

Why does it matter? Republicans didn’t believe Obama’s birth certificate. They don’t like facts. 

Adonis

Great now democrats trying to hold each other sccountable for fake bull****. Whew! Good luck with that. 

phreshprince

She would be a good VP but President.... let’s bring back Bernie

Adonis
29 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

And I'm 1% African teas

It’s common knowledge since forever that many white people particularly those from Oklahoma have indian heritage. 

6_INCH_HEELS

Dems are idiots and that's why they'll lose in 2020. They way they always flock to prove Republicans wrong and try to take the high ground. They better start playing dirty or else...

Revolution
7 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Sis I'm more than 1/10th!

mess @ this avi showing up

6ZABAJH.png

Mike91
22 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

Dems are idiots and that's why they'll lose in 2020. They way they always flock to prove Republicans wrong and try to take the high ground. They better start playing dirty or else...

Warren DOES play dirty though. 

It was smart of her to release this before announcing her candidacy. Get it out of the way now.

jpow

I don’t know how to feel about this.

I really don’t want Warren being the presidential candidate.  :doc:  But I’m happy she proved Trump wrong like usual.

Rotunda
2 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

I guess this confirms she's running for President. 

Yup 😕 

2 hours ago, Becky's pearls said:

Welp, Trump will get a second term

Kamala is coming to snatch (whether we like it or not)

madonnas

She needs to not claim being Native if that's all she has, sorry.  She possibly has a little more than the average east coast white american, or even less!!  That being said, I respect her at least having the guts to be transparent.

I think she could beat Trump personally. 

madonnas
5 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Yup 😕 

Kamala is coming to snatch (whether we like it or not)

We don't need Kamala, we need someone with a more progressive and proactive approach.  She's great for soundbites and I was proud to vote for her, but her track record ain't that great. 

jpow
30 minutes ago, madonnas said:

We don't need Kamala, we need someone with a more progressive and proactive approach.  She's great for soundbites and I was proud to vote for her, but her track record ain't that great. 

The left is never happy I swear :rip:  

madonnas
Just now, jpow said:

The left is never happy I swear :rip:  

No seriously, she's a law and order democrat. :rip:  Look it up! 

jpow
1 minute ago, madonnas said:

No seriously, she's a law and order democrat. :rip:  Look it up! 

And your point?

1978201-focus.thumb.jpg.c822e5a41b6b3754

madonnas
1 minute ago, jpow said:

And your point?

1978201-focus.thumb.jpg.c822e5a41b6b3754

The point is, I'd rather have somebody who isn't run in 2020.

Scion

Kamala would be tolerable in a "anything is better than Trump" way. I lowkey want Sanders/Warren 2020, but that might be a biT too progressive for the country rn. :shakeno:

3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

The point is, I'd rather have somebody who isn't run in 2020.