Jump to content

28 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CHEER_UP

People always use Grammys as a standard for "making it". However, it is voted by old white men wanting to decide who makes or not. The AMA is fan-voted. Which do you think should be more valued?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Digital

You probably couldn't even pawn an AMA award if you tried. You'd probably have to pay them to take it from you. They're honestly worth less than nothing.

:hoetenks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selena’s Bad Liar

Grammy's are considering to nominate xxtentacion so the AMAs are more prestigious at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achilles.

Grammys are obviously worth more in general, but I’m not particularly picky because my fave has made history multiple times over at both ceremonies. :sistrens: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphi
11 minutes ago, Digital said:

You probably couldn't even pawn an AMA award if you tried. You'd probably have to pay them to take it from you. They're honestly worth less than nothing.

:hoetenks:

If they're worth less than nothing why does Gaga, winner of six grammys, get so excited for winning one? :michael:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Digital
3 minutes ago, Morphi said:

If they're worth less than nothing why does Gaga, winner of six grammys, get so excited for winning one? :michael:

 

 

Because Gaga and I are two different people with two different opinions? :huh:

It ain't rocket science, sis. You tried, though.

 

1 minute ago, XIAN said:

AMAs and PCAs are basically the adult Kid's and Teen's Choice Awards :ahh:

Not even adult. More like 20 and below. But yes, I agree with this concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P!nkism

Fan voted awards are a popularity contest. Honestly although one could argue that the GRAMMY's has also become a popularity contest with some of the winners in the recent years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brinny Baby

The Grammy Awards are the most prestigious award ceremony in music. 

 

The American Music Awards are beneath them. I mean, are they even second place on their own? The MTV Video Music Awards and the Billboard Music Awards are on the same level as them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rac7d
10 hours ago, CHEER_UP said:

People always use Grammys as a standard for "making it". However, it is voted by old white men wanting to decide who makes or not. The AMA is fan-voted. Which do you think should be more valued?

 

 

it is until someone they don't like gets it and then decide its not worth anything anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites