Ariana didn't get a GRAMMY or Plat album like Meghan/Lorde?

90 posts in this topic

YaDirtyGoddess

Meghan and Lorde (Ariana's peers) were able to get a GRAMMY, get a number 1 hit and go Platinum in pure sales on their first era. All three girls debuted around 2013/2014, the start of the streaming era. So why were Lorde and Meghan able to secure a GRAMMY, a number 1 smash and a Platinum album in pure sales but Ariana couldn't? :huh:  

I always hear the reason Ariana doesn't have a Platinum selling album in pure sales, a number 1 hit and a GRAMMY is because she's a pop female singer who debuted in the streaming era. But yet, Meghan and Lorde have both those things she lacks. Why? 

Mr. Duff

She'll get a grammy soon.

And she had longevity as compared to those two. She's more successful critically and commercially, so I think she's doing so much better than Meghan and Lorde combined.

Caesar

You are obsessed with Ariana :ahh: 

But lets look where those two artists that you named ended up.

I love Lorde, her last album was a work of art and extremely critical acclaimed. But it ended up completely flopping sadly.

Meghan released FOUR singles this year, all of which ended up underperforming and completely went underradar. She even had to push back her album release from August to January. Who pushes a album back 6 months back :ahh: 

Ariana has remained consistent and has only grown from there.  While her peers that started around the same time may have ended up getting a #1 / Grammy. But their career has only gone down hill from there.

Caesar
5 minutes ago, Grumpy Gills said:

Yet she's already outlasted both of them, funny how that worked out :beatfreak:

But atleast they have a #1 & a Grammy !!111!1!1 i guess :ahh: 

liberalmusiclover

Meghan is mediocre and was pushed by the industry but they move along so quickly that she was replaced shortly after by Shawn Mendez.

Lorde is simply more talented and had the support of blacks which legitimized her coolness.

Cute

Meghan's uncle is on the grammy voting board. His name is Jim Trainor if you want to google. 

Ariana doesnt have nepotism to benefit her, she has to rely on her raw talent 

SUNSET BLVD
9 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

She'll get a grammy soon.

And she had longevity as compared to those two. She's more successful critically and commercially, so I think she's doing so much better than Meghan and Lorde combined.

Lorde is more acclaimed than Ariana.

Kings.
7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I love Lorde, her last album was a work of art and extremely critical acclaimed. But it ended up completely flopping sadly.

Meghan released FOUR singles this year, all of which ended up underperforming and completely went underradar. She even had to push back her album release from August to January. Who pushes a album back 6 months back :ahh: 

Ariana has remained consistent and has only grown from there.  While her peers that started around the same time may have ended up getting a #1 / Grammy. But their career has only gone down hill from there.

:lipton2:

Bulldog
2 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Meghan is mediocre and was pushed by the industry but they move along so quickly that she was replaced shortly after by Shawn Mendez.

Lorde is simply more talented and had the support of blacks which legitimized her coolness.

the black community is not ****ing with lorde sis step outside

liberalmusiclover
Just now, Bulldog said:

I was talking about her debut era, not now with her Jack Antonoff pop ****.  Comprehension is key (notice I specifically said had the support of blacks)...

Grumpy Gills
5 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Had the support of whom 

pfzsfLb.gif

Sailor Star
13 minutes ago, Grumpy Gills said:

Yet she's already outlasted both of them, funny how that worked out :beatfreak:

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

:mandown:

Lady Bird

The fact that sales matter more than acclaim to yall.... bling not the music I guess....

OT: That doesn’t change that fact that Yours Truly is a fantastic album.

Kool_Aid_King
1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

Is that why Lorde got a #1 song on Urban radio? 

Ariana is streamed more than both of those girls combined and streaming is in. She's like 200K unites shy of Platinum and I'd say over a 2B lead in streaming balances that out.

Ash12345
1 minute ago, liberalmusiclover said:

I was talking about her debut era, not now with her Jack Antonoff pop ****.  Comprehension is key (notice I specifically said had the support of blacks)...

Youre not a fan of melodrama?

Lady Bird
6 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Oh now here’s the tea

pfzsfLb.gif

liberalmusiclover
1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

Youre not a fan of melodrama?

I am. I was just speaking of when she had the support of blacks.

Jet

And look at them now, struggling to sell 1/8 of what Ariana is selling just like Iggy Azalea and all the other "rivals". Longevity always beats fads.

Hidden

I think the reason she didn’t get a Grammy is because unlike Meghan and Lorde she didn’t write her songs at the time and she didn’t show much of artistry.. it’s just that she was only a hit maker and the Grammys barely recognize such pop acts. She may get it now with sweetener tho

Almighty Gaga

Because her real peers are Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, both of which don't have a Grammy or a platinum selling album.