Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bulgarian journalist murdered

5 posts in this topic

Miss Bank$

The body of the 30-year-old Marinova, a host of a regional current affairs show at a local TV station, was found in a park near the Danube port of Ruse, her hometown, on Saturday. Police said she had been raped, beaten and strangled.

Viktoria Marinova the latest victim of journalist killings

Marinova, who leaves a seven-year-old daughter, was buried later on Friday in Ruse Cemetery. More than 500 grieving Ruse citizens, carrying red and white carnations and funeral wreaths, flocked to the funeral service at the Sveta Troitsa (Holy Trinity) Cathedral.

Her last show included interviews with two investigative journalists from Bulgaria and Romania who had been working on allegations of corruption and misuse of EU aid.

Nevertheless, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has dismissed suggestions of a political motive as a smear campaign.

Bulgaria is regarded as a laggard in the EU in terms of press freedom, ranking 111th out of 180 countries, according to Reporters Without Borders (RSF).

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/hundreds-mourn-viktoria-marinova-bulgarian-journalist-who-was-raped-murdered-1931350

Related image

ashuduff

:biblio: I was just in Ruse last year and it was wonderful. I'm shocked this could happen to such a talented young woman with a kid.

People are just evil. 

RIP queen of journalism ❤️ 

Pendulum

lies, lies and more lies. 

the murderer was a hitman and she got killed because of political motives... it's disgusting how the police accused the first Roma boy met.

Cas
1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

lies, lies and more lies. 

the murderer was a hitman and she got killed because of political motives... it's disgusting how the police accused the first Roma boy met.

I really, really hope that this is not the case, because if it was indeed true, we're screwed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0