Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Amy Winehouse going on tour in 2019

51 posts in this topic

Divine

maxresdefault.jpg

Amy Winehouse is the latest musician to get the hologram treatment. Base Hologram has teamed up with the estate of the Grammy winning artist for a worldwide tour in 2019.

Fans will get to see the late singer one more time or for the first time as a hologram as the state-of-the-art production recreates Winehouse on the stage. Featuring digitally remastered arrangements of her classics, the hologram will be backed by a live band, singers and theatrical stagecraft.

“This is a dream for us,” said Amy’s father, Mitch Winehouse, in a release. “To see her perform again is something special that really can’t be put into words. Our daughter’s music touched the lives of millions of people and it means everything that her legacy will continue in this innovative and groundbreaking way.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8479586/amy-winehouse-hologram-tour-coming-2019

Thin White Duke

Hopefully fans and casual listeners have enough brain cells to not support this. It's disrespectful.

YUNGKALIMXEL

“This is a dream for us” EXACTLY ITS NOT HER DREAM LET HER REST

luckythisway

One of the saddest parts of my life that I cant change is that I will never see Amy live. I wish I could have witnessed her brilliant artistry in person :chick3:

BOAZ

Ok even if I would like to see her live in some kind of way this is going to be dull. I watched plenty of Amy videos and performances and the best part was definitely her clusmy yet brilliant, hilarious stage presence. There’s no way a hologram will replicate that.

FrederickSpears

This is disgusting. I feel like Amy would have hated this and been against it. Hope people don't go. Her dad is so money hungry.

Koons
9 minutes ago, FrederickSpears said:

This is disgusting. I feel like Amy would have hated this and been against it. Hope people don't go. Her dad is so money hungry.

All of this.

Her dad is honestly awful, anyone who is in doubt just needs to watch the official documentary to see it - he literally hounded her when she was trying to escape away on a long vacation to try and get over some of her issues. Stuff like this just furthers that point, Amy would've surely been so against this, what is he doing :rip: 

BlackStar_93

Ew. Can't stand these types of things after an artists death. Don't spoil her legacy with these cheap stunts, her music speaks for itself and will stand the test of time without these tacky ways to make money off her name. 

LoveLiveMusic
49 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Lord her father is just the worst kind of trash.

44 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I hate her dad

7 minutes ago, Koons said:

All of this.

Her dad is honestly awful, anyone who is in doubt just needs to watch the official documentary to see it - he literally hounded her when she was trying to escape away on a long vacation to try and get over some of her issues. Stuff like this just furthers that point, Amy would've surely been so against this, what is he doing :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Meowster said:

Her dad sucks.

1 minute ago, ATWK said:

Her dad is the worst.

Kinda thought it was his plan before the thread even finished loading. :shakeno:

Guess his own singing career aint doing much these days?

Adele Addict

As much as I’d love to see her live in some capacity, this is just a cheap way to make a buck — her dad really is the scum of the earth. :shakeno: 

Cute

Her father is literally a monster. i feel so bad for her and my heart breaks knowing how much he meant to her. God bless her in Heaven and i know she would have never supported this. Hopefully her real fans don't go. 

LoveLiveMusic
44 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

One of the saddest parts of my life that I cant change is that I will never see Amy live. I wish I could have witnessed her brilliant artistry in person :chick3:

Same. She came to Toronto once in like 2007 and that was my only chance to see her sadly.

easy HME
2 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Mte.

I was supposed to go and see her lice in Belgrade. But niw I'm glad I didnt.

Hooker Barbie

I've just seen the news about this, and I feel genuinely sick. Amy would never have even contemplated this sort of bull**** for a second. Someone needs to get rid of Mitch Winehouse. Surely the rest of Amy's family know he's tarnishing her legacy?