Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

1,286 posts in this topic

On January 2, 2019 at 8:43 PM, LilKim said:

#21 on rhythmic [ 10.020  ]

#8 on urban [ 23.135 ]

on Radio 

51. (+1) CARDI B - Money (36.217) (+0.625)

#18 on rhythmic [13.2 ]

#4 on urban [ 24.3 ]

Exploding on Rhythmic now what could actually getting it afloat in the top 20 for a long time while her streaming and digital performance remain good.

Sad to see her best video underperforming ww. :'(

59 minutes ago, theweekend said:

Exploding on Rhythmic now what could actually getting it afloat in the top 20 for a long time while her streaming and digital performance remain good.

Sad to see her best video underperforming ww. :'(

It’s probably due to the [age] restrictions. 

Great increase on radio today ! :clap3:

Rythmic-

#15( +3)  +159 Spins   12.785(+0.793) Audience

Urban-

#4(=)       +72 Spins     25.825(+0.639) Audience

this song is snappingT on radio and streaming

1 hour ago, Yndda said:

this song is snappingT on radio and streaming

Yeah now that the earlier 2018 songs are out of rotation the late 2018 are getting pushed (money, twerk, backing it up)

i believe cardi will perform at the Grammys and money will be done and that will be the final shot it has to repeak. They’ll probably discount it the Friday before. For now, it’ll hover in the top 20 on hot 100 while at least 6/7 songs from 2018 fall out in the next few  weeks but will have new songs including her ow ln to compete with

itd be smart to have:

urban and rhythmic- money until February, twerk until April, backing it up until march

pop and rhythmic and urban- the song with Bruno and a special guest

and I’m sure she’ll have a couple collabs but hopefully she can wait until spring to push out new collabs so that’s shave some heat this spring and summer.

5 hours ago, 42Osuxx said:

Great increase on radio today ! :clap3:

Rythmic-

#15( +3)  +159 Spins   12.785(+0.793) Audience

Urban-

#4(=)       +72 Spins     25.825(+0.639) Audience

Storming up to the top 10 fast on Rhythmic :clap3:

Is it already the biggest female solo rap song since Bodak Yellow/Be Careful? Not that many were released, but still she’s competing herself.

RHYTHMIC

15=CARDI B Money 2665 +150 828 +124 14.257 +0.797

URBAN

3+1CARDI B Money 4617 +38 242 -64 26.949 +0.546

Flying up to the top fast!

coming for another Urban #1

9 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

coming for another Urban #1

And fast. BIU and Money got to Rhythmic top ten yesterday together.

BIU just needed another streaming push to be another hit. It deserves SO MUCH :'(

miss reina bardi should do a hit medley including money at the grammys just to get it some more air

1 hour ago, Yndda said:

miss reina bardi should do a hit medley including money at the grammys just to get it some more air

I honestly think she’s for sure doing money along with the other nominated songs

hopefully her Pepsi commercial includes money too because these two weeks will determine if the song repeaks because it’s taking off on radio and will most likely peak on radio late February and early March so discount it the Friday before the Grammys and between Grammys and Super Bowl this will do what it needs to do.

at least a 2xplatinum/3x platinum single long term.

2 hours ago, theweekend said:

And fast. BIU and Money got to Rhythmic top ten yesterday together.

BIU just needed another streaming push to be another hit. It deserves SO MUCH :'(

Maybe if she’s booked for the nba thing they have In February March and it can get one last boost on streaming. 

Radio alone will make it an eventual top 30 hit which isn’t bad.

2 hours ago, Yndda said:

i would like but I don't think she will. be careful would be the greatest choice to perform there.

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Maybe if she’s booked for the nba thing they have In February March and it can get one last boost on streaming. 

Radio alone will make it an eventual top 30 hit which isn’t bad.

i know it but at least it deserved a top 20. it sounds like a smash but pardison's name doesn't add too much to make it a hit.

Doesn't this have a good chance to go T10 within the next three weeks?

3 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Doesn't this have a good chance to go T10 within the next three weeks?

I think so. It depends on the new releases tbh because January and February pre Super Bowl are weak months but it also makes songs that would not normally debut higher end up higher so...

many of the songs in the top 20 will fall out and if radio keeps gaining 1m a week for the next and it is steady on streams all it will need is the right promo.

a Grammy medley would help

a Super Bowl commercial with it in the background would help to.

so it’s defintely possible as opposed to Taki Taki which has peaked for good. But is a global smash

Sad it won't get sent to Pop stations. Maybe a radio edit for this format could make some new waves there.

5 hours ago, theweekend said:

Sad it won't get sent to Pop stations. Maybe a radio edit for this format could make some new waves there.

It’s not a pop song.

that said, she’s probably gonna have 3-4 mainstream songs out this year.

money is for urban.

that said, in 2 weeks we will have the Grammys.

at this rate, money will be #2 on urban, #4/6 on rhythmic.

a Super Bowl commercial hopefully with money in the background and a Grammy performance with hopefully money being promoted can give it a peak 1-3 weeks before it peaks and by then the Bruno ft other will be out in a week or two.

apparently she’s shooting a video tomorrow. Maybe the new song.

21 minutes ago, slw84 said:

It’s not a pop song.

money is for urban.

a Super Bowl commercial hopefully with money in the background and a Grammy performance with hopefully money being promoted can give it a peak 1-3 weeks before it peaks and by then the Bruno ft other will be out in a week or two.

thanks god, i'm tired of her team releasing the video so late after the release of the track... Bartier Cardi, Be Careful and Money... they almost ruined I Like It but thankfully it's the one of the most organic hits which smashes no matter what :rip:

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

It’s not a pop song.

money is for urban.

Another 20M from there wouldn't kill anybody. Taki Taki wasn't THAT thing in US hat she could've pushed Money further to mainstream crowd.

15 hours ago, theweekend said:

Another 20M from there wouldn't kill anybody. Taki Taki wasn't THAT thing in US hat she could've pushed Money further to mainstream crowd.

I get that in the grande scheme what we say here is purely for expression and it won’t impact things at all but it’s just not realistic to expect mainstream  To latch onto any song just because someone is hit right now.

the strategy the label is going for is maximizing potential.

past femcees took bigger strides to go pop so that a cardi could do it.

one in Particular made the mistake of literally going too pop too soon and sounding like a britnry kesha katy reject songs

altantic essentially is taking the mistakes made from the past and learning.

cardi is already a phenomenon.

there are only so many songs radio will play wit cardi on it which is why now that I like it and girls like you (for the most part) are out the way money and backing it up are taking off.

i don’t think Atlantic will want to waste time pushing money to pop as they are about to serve up a mainstream song with Bruno and a special guest.

if that is the case urban can have 3-5 songs while cardi needs to keep it light with 1-3 songs on mainstream each quarter.

preferably 2 mainstream songs per quarter and 3 urban songs per quarter.

they won’t need money to go pop and it’d be hard for it to go pop considering the content. 

Money is supposed to counter girls like you and I like it as pop and Latin hip pop hits so that the audience doesn’t get confused that she still is sticking to her urban roots. 

Since she compromised views for art I just hope I’m 2 weeks when she gets that 20m from rhythmic and urban audience you mentioned not pop that the final boost comes from a Grammy medley and a feature in the super bowl so that the new focus will be the lead single with Bruno and guest.

i like it is going recurrent in a couple of weeks

money can hopefully peak top 10 or at least repeak at 12/11 in February 

girls like you will get one more boost at the Super Bowl in February 

New song ft Bruno and guest will impact in February.

backing it up can hopefully peak top 30 in early March 

twerk will probably peak in April

and I’m sure she’ll put out at least two more records before the 1st quarter ends.

Things are going According to plan to queue up an April May release of album #2.

the only thing that missed was cardi released it one week to late and missed out on an easy top 10 peak with only 2 competing Xmas songs instead of 5-6 so she’ll have to go the promo route for one last shot.

kworb.net/airadio/
Overall AI (Top 20) - 2019/01/22 
1. (=) PANIC! AT THE DISCO - High Hopes (167.770) (+0.352) 
2. (=) HALSEY - Without Me (146.820) (+1.762) 
3. (=) ARIANA GRANDE - thank u, next (135.155) (+0.805) 
4. (=) MARSHMELLO - Happier f/Bastille (133.403) (-0.357) 
5. (+1) MAROON 5 - Girls Like You (105.369) (-0.168) 
6. (-1) ARIANA GRANDE - Breathin (103.942) (-2.403) 
7. (=) BENNY BLANCO, HALSEY & KHALID - Eastside (92.769) (+1.034)
8. (+1) POST MALONE & SWAE LEE - Sunflower (86.553) (+3.188) ***
9. (-1) TRAVIS SCOTT - Sicko Mode (85.707) (-0.397) ***
10. (=) 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER - Youngblood (77.364) (-0.588) 
20. (=) DIERKS BENTLEY - Burning Man f/Brothers Osborne (58.243) (+0.781)
30. (+2) CARDI B - Money (49.080) (+1.184)

Top 10 in 3 weeks possible  

How many #1 songs does Cardi have on Urban?

she should discount the song on itunes soon and she needs to make a promo for the song.it's so close to top 10 ......the fact that a superbowl guest performance would have made the song a top 5 hit...but unfortunately she won't be a guest