Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Like, La Leyenda (New Rebelde)

26 posts in this topic

Superbitch

maxresdefault-1-3.jpg

29737180-356946308136626-417012454959926

like-la-leyenda-tudo-sobre-a-telenovela-

Anyone watching this mess? I am and I’m hooked :skull: all the episodes so far are on dailymotion cuz Univision blocked them in YouTube here in the US. 

FutureHive
Just now, Superbitch said:

im gonna be preoccupied for a while watching Rebelde. 440 episodes. im only on #15

just list all the must-watch spanish language shows and ill check them out eventually

Superbitch
3 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

im gonna be preoccupied for a while watching Rebelde. 440 episodes. im only on #15

just list all the must-watch spanish language shows and ill check them out eventually

This is barely been on air for a month don’t think there’s a dub version yet or with subtitles tho. I’ll get a list for you. 

shinyshimmery

Don't really think people will be here for that. Also their first song is terrible. 

FutureHive
3 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

This is barely been on air for a month don’t think there’s a dub version yet or with subtitles tho. I’ll get a list for you. 

@Leptine him too. hes a fanatic as well

naughty

Saw the first 4 episodes. My thoughts:

• Easy to get plot, even if you don't understand Spanish.
  • The school doesn't feel like a school.
  • Female Gandia irritates me.
  • Zoraida Gómez hasn't aged a bit.

chris1991

Gurl...you would be the one making the thread.

Its a mess but there are cute moments. Some of the students are horrible actors and straight up copies of some of Rebeldes characters. 

The main girl is no Anahi. I watch because I’m i’m a sucker for the Mexican teen dramas. 

Also you didn’t hear it from me but Televisa already changed it’s time slot because it isn’t reaching the ratings they were looking for. Not doing bad but not meeting the high expectations.

selenacantsinglol
21 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Gurl...you would be the one making the thread.

Its a mess but there are cute moments. Some of the students are horrible actors and straight up copies of some of Rebeldes characters. 

The main girl is no Anahi. I watch because I’m i’m a sucker for the Mexican teen dramas. 

Also you didn’t hear it from me but Televisa already changed it’s time slot because it isn’t reaching the ratings they were looking for. Not doing bad but not meeting the high expectations.

Yikes who's the main audience who watches this anyway? A Netflix show would've made more sense since not a lot of young ppl watch novelas any more 

chris1991
On 10/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Is there a gay storyline

Yes, a few actually. The only problem is that they treat them like it’s 1999. So many other shows have progressed so much in terms of gay storylines/characters. 

X~MoviePoP
2 minutes ago, anali said:

no i'm watching simona 😊

but i might check this out since i was a big fan of rebelde way

Whats simona about

anali
42 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Whats simona about

a girl whos working as a maid at a mansion and she falls in love with one of the guys living there. and she doesnt know who her real mom is (which of course they later reveal in the show) and also wants to make it in the music business. its cute

Superbitch
1 minute ago, anali said:

a girl whos working as a maid at a mansion and she falls in love with one of the guys living there. and she doesnt know who her real mom is (which of course they later reveal in the show) and also wants to make it in the music business. its cute

Sounds like every novela lol that’s why I don’t. Watch them lol. I’m watching this cuz of nostalgia(rebelde) lol. 

XIAN

4 girls and 4 boys seems like too many people on stage :deadbanana4:

RBD had it right with 3/3

Chamoy

Queen Keiko is coming to save the ratings. Let me tune in next week.

Mellark

Oh, finally a thread! I'm not an avid watcher because I usually watch Mi Marido Tiene Mas Familia (peep my avi) but I usually catch Like La Leyenda sometimes.

Just watched a few episodes.

• Chela (the assistant) and Keiko are saving the show for me.
  • The Rebelde comparisons need to stop because ugh I'm tired of hearing it and they're similar but not totally the same
  • I'm glad to see Christian Chavez and Zoraida Gomez on the show makes it nostalgic. (I remember Rebelde and I was only 4-6 when the momentum happened)
  • I felt that Pedro Damian should've done his research so it wouldn't have to end in a disaster.
  • In the US, it switched to 1pm - I could watch it on UnivisionNOW. 
  • They're wrapping up filming. 

Mellark

A lot of **** happened.

@chris1991 @naughty @Superbitch @Chamoy

• Like La Leyenda's finale will be on January 20th.
  • Univision already took this off the air and it's only available on Univision NOW/online. I felt this would happen eventually.
  • Pedro Damian wants to make it a web series. Wasn't it the purpose? 
  • The songs aren't even OUT yet because of legal stuff.
  • I've skimmed through the episodes this week and the plot lines are weird:

A Revoluchic character trying to expose the school led to Female Gandia having an affair on tape with her sidekick, the lesbian storyline seems fake as hell because one of the twin girls told the Cuban guy that it was a phase), the last episodes will most likely center on Keiko because it will be about her.

naughty

I excepted it to air for longer. Were the ratings that bad?

Superbitch

Hahshshshsbsbaakksskdd I stopped watching  after episode 14. I couldn’t take it. It’s 2019/18 and it was so ridiculous. Did y’all keep watching? I used to watch on vimeo cuz YouTube blocked it in the us but it was just so bad imo. 

D/X

2 hours ago, naughty said:

This was a massive flop. They even rescheduled it to a lesser hour. Telerisa really THOUGHT they were making something here.

Aristemo truly outsold. :clap3:

chris1991

Shook at Univision taking it completely off the air!!!!! Tbh the show was bad, Pedro, Televisa and Univision really flopped this time around. 

Feel bad for the cast as many of them moved to Mexico because this was supposed to last for a very long time similar to Rebelde. 

Poor Christian and Zoraida! It looks like they’ve already moved to better things though. 

Chamoy
22 hours ago, Mellark said:

A lot of **** happened.

@chris1991 @naughty @Superbitch @Chamoy

• Like La Leyenda's finale will be on January 20th.
  • Univision already took this off the air and it's only available on Univision NOW/online. I felt this would happen eventually.
  • Pedro Damian wants to make it a web series. Wasn't it the purpose? 
  • The songs aren't even OUT yet because of legal stuff.
  • I've skimmed through the episodes this week and the plot lines are weird:
  Reveal hidden contents

A Revoluchic character trying to expose the school led to Female Gandia having an affair on tape with her sidekick, the lesbian storyline seems fake as hell because one of the twin girls told the Cuban guy that it was a phase), the last episodes will most likely center on Keiko because it will be about her.

Not even Keiko could save this mess. 

Mauricio Abad is 'going gay' for his next role. B4vJtlX.gif

Mellark
On 1/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, D/X said:

This was a massive flop. They even rescheduled it to a lesser hour. Telerisa really THOUGHT they were making something here.

Aristemo truly outsold. :clap3:

It was rescheduled at 5;30PM in Mexico apparently because of 'programming changes' but we all know it's BS. Here in the U.S. it was scheduled at 7pm and then 2 days later Univision moved it to 1pm and now it's on Univision NOW with new episodes added weekly. They're demographic is at school at the time. Also, MMTMF is more successful than Like and MMTMF is targeting the family/teen demographic while Like is only targeting teens. It could've been better if they actually elaborated on the issues. This is why Skam was successful. Julie Andem did her research for a year on what teens are going through and wanted to make it authentic. MMTMF was successful because of the Aristemo storyline because they're introducing the perspectives on how the LGBTQ+ relationships is portrayed across families. We have seen the good part of it and it wasn't seen as stereotypical. We also have seen the prejudicial part and it is common in most families because certain LGBTQ+ youth might have members who don't agree with their ideologies. Like failed to do that. Regina & Manuela's storyline was a fraud and Regina argued that it was a phase. Pablo's seemed common but not up to the momentum as Aristemo. I'm currently watching both but I'm gonna skim through Like La Leyenda it most likely because tomorrow's finale will be about Keiko. 

Pedro can keep trying because this is a mess. The music isn't even out and I don't think this show is even getting another season. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:07 PM, naughty said:

In Mexico, I heard they're acceptable. But in the U.S, they most likely were if they took it off the air. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0