Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, Anvarie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5272903

it's 8:11 pm henny

d825F9G.png

Castaways, welcome to Round 5 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8)!

@K$Ellie @Moonlightbae @Scene. @Xedretinz Lododnz

@thecptz @kiiwii @Buddy! 

@305 @PoKiTaurus @EriKills @Anvarie @wesleywalrus @KatyCatPH

@Clytemnestra @Bey_Rihstan @kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude

The theme for Round 4 is...

Party for One

Back on my beat

For this round, we want you to imagine that you're down on your lonesome after some sort of break-up/rejection. However, then you realize, f*** it, I'm going to just have this time to myself and enjoy my own company! That's the type of song we want you to find where that person is enjoying themselves and really getting to know who they really are after rejection, and it should emphasize self-love.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM the hosts the artist and title of your song in your current submissions thread. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

This round's example is obviously the brand new Carly Rae Jepsen song "Party for One." In it, she's speaking about how she's having a party for herself after her heartbreak and how she doesn't need him anymore. She's taking that special time out that she really, truly needs.

One tribe will win immunity this round, and the other two will head to Tribal Council!

Your song submissions are due in 24 hours (9 PM ET) on Sunday, November 4th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

• ATRL Moderator

just an FYI that the USA is going one hour backwards tomorrow, so please keep that in mind for future deadlines if you are outside of the USA

Sent my two choices already!

• ATRL Moderator

I think this might be the first time in ATRL Survivor history that a song released AFTER the challenge has been submitted

1 hour ago, Element said:

I think this might be the first time in ATRL Survivor history that a song released AFTER the challenge has been submitted

i’m So excited to judge this round will it come tonight sweetie 

8 hours ago, Dylan' said:

i’m So excited to judge this round will it come tonight sweetie 

Soon, sir.

don’t drag me too hard judges

I am expecting no scores lower than at least an 8 this round. My songwriting-genius fave did THAT!

A8qbO9k.gif

I'm actually not even sure which tribe will be safe lol. 

44 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

I am expecting no scores lower than at least an 8 this round. My songwriting-genius fave did THAT!

12 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

A8qbO9k.gif

A8qbO9k.gif

40 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

A8qbO9k.gif

A8qbO9k.gif

22 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

Buddy!- 16th

9kNoVeL.gif

No the outline in the group chat says Bey_RihStan is placing 16th 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.