Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

16 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

Little do you know :fan: there is a lot you don't know about my game, lots of assumptions about whether i'd do this or that, etc.

Anyway, you might as well call this Buddy's Survivor cuz.... :ahh: @Element@rl231

woulda coulda shoulda :date2:

the fact of the matter is you didnt. :3rdplace:

Edited by kipperskipper

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

woulda coulda shoulda :date2:

the fact of the matter is you didnt. :3rdplace:

Girl.....

All i'm saying is you're assuming I would've done this/that. I'm NOT in the final 2, focus on your own game.

HiIqLq0.gif

very that

1 hour ago, Buddy! said:

Girl.....

All i'm saying is you're assuming I would've done this/that. I'm NOT in the final 2, focus on your own game.

HiIqLq0.gif

girl i am trying to focus on my own game and focus on what actually happened, but you keep popping up. O4vrva1.jpg?1its not my fault everyone wants to ask me about youO4vrva1.jpg?1 like  said, im not hating on you. 

i tried my best explaining and defending the things that I actually did. so lets all focus on what really happened and not what we all wish we did. PgGfWWF.jpg

d825F9G.png

Contestant Interviews

Hi everyone! Here are @thecptz and @kipperskipper's answers to their interviews. Please read through them to get a full scope of their thoughts. 

thecptz:

On 1/22/2019 at 9:30 AM, thecptz said:

thecptz, congrats on making it to the end! It's been a very long journey, but here you stand with kipperskipper with only one more tribal away from winning this game. But before you can get crowned the eighth winner of Survivor: ATRL Edition, there are a series of questions for you to answer giving you one last shot to prove why you deserve the title of Sole Survivor.

DecimalLeafyDobermanpinscher-small.gif

thanks a lot! finally, i'm in the final tribal council without quitting the game :keir: i'm really proud of myself this time around! whew and i hope my answers will make you guys consider voting me :heart2:

Did you have a strategy coming in here or no? What were your initial thoughts?

yes. so i've played before so i knew that being a threat from early on wasn't gonna carry me to the final TC. that's why i tried to play the game UTR from the start, trying to get some challenges win but not a LOT so no one considered me a comp beast. i also wanted to improve my social game since last time i thought i knew something but knew nothing at all. :priceless:

After you got the whole gist of the game, where did you see yourself placing?

after i survived the swap, i was for sure seeing myself at top 5 since i had a pretty strong alliance. but then the scene's blindside happened and that made me rethink everything and tried to find a way to try to survive the following TCs. it was like that until eri's elimination that i thought i could make the top 3.

Who did you expect to see in the Final Tribal Council in your honest opinion? Why?

i actually didn't expect anything tbh. but i thought for sure that in the top 3 (before knowing the twist), it was gonna be buddy and myself. for another person, it could be anyone. it could be MLD or kipper. the reason why i saw buddy in the part of the top 3 was because everyone was too scared to take out buddy in that moment. and for me, despite winning 2 immunities, no one targeted me.

How have you enjoyed being part of this Tournament? Anything special?

oh wow, i've enjoyed a lot playing again. i never thought that i would play another season tbh. i think this game wouldn't worth losing friendships that i've already had here. but this time, apart from the friendships that i've already had with some people, i also met new people like kiiwii and become friend with kipper and buddy who i've met before but never really had a chance to talk with. plus, i won two immunities which i didn't think i'd be able to do it :weeps: who would've thought i'd win a create a playlist round. oh i almost won (i got second in that challenge so :keir:) a music critique round when everyone who knows me knows that english is not my first language so it's hard trying to describe things :laugh: if i found the hidden immunity, that would make this experience even more special but i'm too dumb to crack the code :toofunny2: so yeah this season has been fun for me even though the thread flops unlike other seasons :eli: hope i make rl, element, and dylan proud :heart2:

Based on your actions alone, why should you win this game?

i always believe that people who play with loyalty should win survivor. in this game that is about lies and breaking people's trust, i value loyalty the most. moreover people who are loyal and be able to communicate with others without getting on others' radars should be the winner. and i believe that i'm that person.

Why shouldn't your opponent win this game?

as i said earlier, i respect loyalty the most. kipper broke others' trust when he flipped to get scene out. it might be considered a big move, but it'd also make him look like a flip-floppy and hard to trust after that. being a middle sometimes is great but you have to be in the middle without making BOTH sides angry and not trust you which kipper couldn't do. he made himself an untrustworthy person.

Which other contestants deserved to be in the finale with you?

buddy of course. my partner in crime :weeps: we've been through a lot and i really think that he deserved to win. well, maybe another season then :heart2: #RobbedGoddess

This Tournament is called Survivor for a reason. What is your definition of a true Survivor?

a true survivor is someone who can adapt themselves into any situation. a true survivor is me, baby z.

Take us through your alliances this season. From day one to now who have you been aligned with and how has it changed throughout the course of this game?

lolobau

from day one, i pmed kiiwii to start an alliance with him. after that, i got invited into an alliance with buddy and kylie then i invited kiiwii into the alliance as well. from that we became the majority of lolobau.

tavui

then, the swap happened. i was in the newtavui alone with no one from lolobau with me. but happily, i talked with wesley and clytemnestra before the swap happened. (actually 305 as well but we never developed our relationship from that.) later, i found out that wesley and clytemnestra were in a different alliance. so i was kinda in the middle. after clytem's elimination, i had to decide which way i wanted to go and i went with wesley to vote out beyrih because i believed that beyrih was more of a threat than XL and i hadn't talked to beyrih that much to trust ha.

merge

then the merge happened. i finally had a chance to reunite with buddy and kiiwii. we then made an alliance with scene and kipper. that time ksmellie was with us as well but he didn't get the invitation to join the 5-people-alliance. so smellie was bound to be 6th place if something crazy didn't happen. i kept myself interactive with people in the alliance and ksmellie to figure out what would happen in each tribal, like i had a private chat with everybody in my alliance so i'd be in anyone's good side and they won't be suspect of me. also, i made my mind to stick with this alliance by voting out wesley. everything went peacefully until scene's elimination happened, i didn't know who to trust except buddy and ksmellie. so we were a trio with buddy and i being a power couple. from that moment, i thought to myself that i needed to communicate more so i pmed eri in wanting ha to work with buddy and i to eliminate kiiwii/kipper. i thought we actually had something and we could work together for sure. but i was too concerned about the number that was why the plan didn't start sooner. then smellie was idol'ed out. it was the battle of the couple now. buddy and i, kiiwii and kipper, and eri and mld. the eri's elimination was a mess. but it made it clearer to me that kiiwii should be the next to go. (without mld exposing himself, kiiwii would still be my target in the top 5). then after that, it was buddy, kipper, and i. with us 3 tricking mld that he had a chance in the top 3. so that's pretty much it.

Did you betray any allies you had during the season? If so who & why?

i guess voting kiiwii out since we were in the alliance since the beginning of the game but the reason is that he became untrustworthy and i had to strike him first before he voted me out. apart from that, i think i betrayed wesley. that is because he was too great at social and if i kept him, he'd be the strong force in the latter round for sure. but other than that, i'm a very loyal person.

Do you have any regrets in the competition that you feel could hurt you in the vote?

i had one regret but i don't think it'd hurt me in the vote. i regret voting out beyrih because it made scene not fully trust me and that was kinda suck. :'(

Which of your gameplay do you think was strongest? Your social gameplay or your score gameplay?

lmao. my social gameplay of course. even though i've been to a lot of tribal (i think there were only two tribal that i didn't have to go nn), i got only 2 votes so that proves how my social was better and i never got on anyone's bad sides. plus, i think i know about almost every votes from every tribals i took part in. (except for the scene's blindside, for smellie's and eri's cases, technically, i knew what the majority did)

Do you think you were more of a threat or an underdog this season? 

an underdog. i wasn't too outspoken to be a threat and i've been UTR so yeah, an underdog.

Do you have any final words before we leave this vote up to the Jury?

hey. this has been a wild ride. i had fun playing with all of you even though we may not have a chance to talk in the game or not communicate with each other as much. hope we'll stay in touch after this. and to people who i aligned with in the game, thank you. thank you so so much. i believe that i should be the winner and i think i am the winner. i hope all my answers can persuade you enough into voting for me. much love :kiss:

kipperskipper:

15 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:
  • Did you have a strategy coming in here or no? What were your initial thoughts?
  • yes of course i had a strategy! Coming into the game i was still really knew to atrl. The only people I "knew" were those that played BB, but I lasted only a few rounds in that game so I really didn't have any prior connections. Therefore my strategy was to have a nice social game and make connections with my tribe mates early on.In each tribe pre-merge I made sure to be in the majority alliances which is why I only got 1 random vote the entire game. 
  • Also this might sound weird but another strategy of mine was to not post a lot in the thread. Especially premerge. I really didn't want to be noticed too much and I felt that i would let the more vocal players stand out in the thread. People can get misconceptions or perceive you a certain way if they keep noticing your posts. that can also contribute to peoples perception of your gameplay. i didnt want to get into drama in the thread, come off as annoying, or be seen really. I think that helped so much pre-merge cuz there was like 30 people and if know one saw me then i wasnt on their radar.
  • After you got the whole gist of the game, where did you see yourself placing?
  • I saw myself in the end! In fact when you very first asked us to answer questions after the merge in pms about our game , i told yall my exact plan about playing the middle, never needing the idol, and making it to the end. I predicted that I would do that because I knew I could do that!
  • Who did you expect to see in the Final Tribal Council in your honest opinion? Why?
  • Before the final two twist, I saw me, kiiwii, and K$/thecptz. Initially those were the people I wanted to go with to the end. But through a series of events that obviously changed.The reason I saw us at the end was because I was truely commited to kiiwii and my alliance with him. . I wanted k$ in the final 3 because he was sort of a free agent, and someone i had a connection to pre-merge. I was sad he got eliminated by the idol. :cry:i also saw thepctz in the end cuz everyone loves him and he is a loyal person. 
  • How have you enjoyed being part of this Tournament? Anything special?
  • I loved it! I have played survivor on another pop music forum and got 1st place once 2nd place another time. This one was a lot longer, had more contestants, and seemed to have more passionate players. The competitions were so different because the involved a lot of time and effort. I think I enjoyed that more because on the other forum each immunity challenge was "live" so it involved trivia games, scavenger hunts, and more speed focused challenges. Anyways, this tournament was such a different experience and seemed more fulfilling. I also was able to feel like i made friends finally on atrl. it was such an intimidating experience cuz everyone had prior history, but i think i made great friends with buddy, kiiwii, thecptz, mld, k$ and i loved playing with everyone else!
  • Based on your actions alone, why should you win this game?
  • I think I should win the game because I started out as an underdog and turned into a top dog. :kipperskipper3:  i feel my game was transformative from start to finish and i peaked at the end. I didn't plateau and i was always a contender. I was a player that wasn't afraid to make moves and I feel i controlled my own destiny. I feel between me and thecptz I was more well-rounded. I had the  the most individual immunities, had the highest overall rank, and got the most 10's pre merge. i made moves that changed the course of multiple players' games, and i feel i put lots of passion and effort into making it to where i am now.
  • Why shouldn't your opponent win this game?
  • First off, I love thecptz and respect him. But with that being said, I think I deserve to win against thecptz because I made bolder moves, put myself in positions that allowed me to be flexible with my game, made more connections with players in the game and didn't play a "black and white" type of game, won 3 individual immunities and had the highest overall competition score for like 90+% of the game. I was a versatile player that had the social game, strategic game, and competition game to backup my overall game. I don't think thecptz was as versatile as me. (still talking about the game :kipperskipper3:). I feel he played in one box. I dont think he was a "coattail rider" but more of a "team player". He played somewhat of a team game and I feel i played and individual game.
  • Which other contestants deserved to be in the finale with you?
  • Kiiwii. I would have voted for him if i lost even though he pulled fasts ones over me :kipperskipper: that idol and secret advantage moves were iconique. :ny3:
  • This Tournament is called Survivor for a reason. What is your definition of a true Survivor?
  • A survivor is someone that can overcome adversity and someone that can be in control of their own destiny after. A true survivor is someone that isn't afraid to go to war and succeeds at what they do. 
  • Take us through your alliances this season. From day one to now who have you been aligned with and how has it changed throughout the course of this game?
  •   Ok so from day 1i made an alliance with bey_rihstan, clytemnestra. we had the majority in our tribe and that allowed us to advance forward. Then after the twibe swapi alligned with legend kiiwii, poki, k$, and moonlight, once again in the majority of the tribe which allowed me to get to merge with them. So going into the merge i had this moti alliance but as yall know kiiwii and i flipped on them and joined thecptz, scene, and buddy. then after that i flipped again and gained connections to mld, 305, and erik but more indirect connections were with erik and 305 since we didnt really pm. after that i managed a good relationship with mld til the end. So my alliances certainly changed and i was able and willing to adapt at any time if needed.
  • Did you betray any allies you had during the season? If so who & why?
  • tenor.gif
  • i betrayed poki, moonlight, wesley, buddy, thecptz, scene, K$ mld, i did vote out kiiwii but i felt he saw that coming. it was sad for me but idk if it was betrayal cuz he knew it was coming. :shrug:
  • why did i betray them? to do what i needed to do. 
  • Do you have any regrets in the competition that you feel could hurt you in the vote?
  • i know a lot of people are asking/wondering about things i didn't  do vs things I did  do. But everything i did got me to the end. also everything thecptz did got him to the end. that deserves recognition i think. We all wish we could have done things differently but in the end it turned out the way it did. I am proud of everything I did and i dont think i have any regrets.
  • Which of your gameplay do you think was strongest? Your social gameplay or your score gameplay?
  • both. I had the highest overall score rank for almost every single round. There was definitely less than 5 times where I was not #1. But my social game was also strong. No one ever targeted me and after the merge i had some sort of direct/indirect connection with everyone, meaning that they had some sort of trust in me at some point. after the merge i never got one single vote cast against me and i'd like to attribute that to my social game. i'd like to think that people saw me as nice, trustworthy, and someone that they wanted to play the game with. :kipperskipper3:
  • Do you think you were more of a threat or an underdog this season? 
  • Both. Pre-merge is when I really felt that way. Since I had such a high score and get lots of 10's, i felt it put a target on my back. I was afraid that whenever my tribe lost they would take me out cuz i was good at the competitions. But I also felt like an underdog because, like i mentioned earlier, i knew no one at all and had to start from 0.  if we're gonna talk about dogs, then I always felt like I was a small chihuahua trying to navigate my position in a pack of pitbulls.:kipperskipper3: i did feel intimidated by everyone else's prior cliques and friendships. it was hard for me to fit in and find people that didn't see me as expendable. But i found my footing and after the merge is when I really shined. I was no longer playing timid and i'd like to think that I had an impact on the game. I wasn't the most vocal or most flashy player and people can either see that as an asset to my game pitch or a hindrance. But i do think i did enough that would be worthy for their respect and hopefully their vote.
  • Do you have any final words before we leave this vote up to the Jury?
    Well i just want to say that I had an amazing time playing this game and I genuinely enjoyed getting to know everyone. <3 I hope yall dont hate me after everything. i love yall and i hope we can play more games on atrl in the future. BhpD7yt.jpg?2

i feel naked :gaycat2:

Kii I’ve switched my vote at least 3 times since the Q&A began but I think I’ve made up my mind :gaycat5: 

Just wanted to formally say congrats and i love you @thecptz! I am glad i got to meet you and play the game with you! You are an amazing person and player <3 whatever happens i am proud of you and us for making it this far. It wasnt easy and I enjoyed every step of the way  :date2::hug:

1 minute ago, kipperskipper said:

Just wanted to formally say congrats and i love you @thecptz! I am glad i got to meet you and play the game with you! You are an amazing person and player <3 whatever happens i am proud of you and us for making it this far. It wasnt easy and I enjoyed every step of the way  :date2::hug:

likewise :date2: we missed a chance to play together in BB so i’m happy to get to know you and play this game with you :heart2: good luck! :kiss:

16 minutes ago, thecptz said:

likewise :date2: we missed a chance to play together in BB so i’m happy to get to know you and play this game with you :heart2: good luck! :kiss:

BB is never coming :heart2: so enjoy this while you can!

yJVUJr9.gif

41 minutes ago, thecptz said:

Thanks!! :date2: yes im glad i got to actually play with you and everyone else! Im also glad i lasted longer than my flop time on bb :thing: 

1 hour ago, Buddy! said:

BB is never coming :heart2: so enjoy this while you can!

yJVUJr9.gif

you fckn flop!

3 hours ago, prézli said:

Why did you reveal my secret? =(

A Myah Marie tea

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, thecptz said:

the finale will be on sunday noon right? @rl231 @Element

Yes 

33 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

so are we voting now x

Yes please feel free to vote at any time 

26 minutes ago, Aciid said:

Vote Dylan 

thank you :kiss: 

3 hours ago, Element said:

Yes 

Yes please feel free to vote at any time 

oops i don’t think i’ll be there but it’s fine

Good luck @kipperskipper and @thecptz. Gonna cast my vote now. 

I know I've been a bit bitchy the last couple rounds, but I'm a pretty competitive person in the games section, I think thecptz knows that. I still enjoyed playing the game with you guys even if you blindsided me. 

1 hour ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I know I've been a bit bitchy the last couple rounds, but I'm a pretty competitive person in the games section, I think thecptz knows that. I still enjoyed playing the game with you guys even if you blindsided me. 

thanks! :heart2:i dont take any of it personal :date2: it's completely understandable given the circumstances. i enjoyed playing with you as well! :date2:

2 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.