Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

7 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

If I was untalented then how come I managed to make it to the final 4...especially since you know where I've landed in previous seasons.

Wait...you know he's kidding, right? :rip: 

13 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

If I was untalented then how come I managed to make it to the final 4...especially since you know where I've landed in previous seasons.

girl you know i stan you 

Oh thank god :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

judges are judging!!!

no im not lol i won't be done til saturday 

People can say what they want about @Dylan' and his lack of professionalism.

But one thing you can't take away from him is that he's consistent!

I’ve BEEN done we’re waiting on Aciid as usual! Thinks his life is so ****ing hard when the rest of the panel have jobs that don’t involve a couch and potato chips. 

6 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

I’ve BEEN done we’re waiting on Aciid as usual! Thinks his life is so ****ing hard when the rest of the panel have jobs that don’t involve a couch and potato chips. 

Aciid typing everything up:

NeglectedCandidCormorant-small.gif

43 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

Or dealing with a move and a lot of stress but still completing the challenge :skull:

2 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Or dealing with a move and a lot of stress but still completing the challenge :skull:

:clap3: tell him MLD

No, he’s NOT.

you defend him and I’ll lower your ****ing score 

you like my HAIR. gee thanks, just BOUGHT iT

7R5yIYN.jpg

• ATRL Moderator

formatting results nowww

• ATRL Moderator

fQptEkZVKjm0G8cThqn8hkoURMu_JUix7jqAKCiy

@thecptz @Buddy!
@kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude

Welcome castaways to your 16th results show! Below will be the rankings for each round. The person with the highest average after all four rounds will win immunity.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

With that said, here it is…

Buddy! - Ella Mai - Ella Mai

https://www.scribd.com/document/397539865/Ella-Mai

• Dylan

• All requirements: Really, bitch? 4.5/5

• Review: You did the best when it came to producer credits and other miscellaneous things we might like to know. However, your scoring system was a little off at times in terms of rating some things the same despite differing opinions. I also don’t think so many lyrics were necessary rather than a little more content for a few of the songs.There’s no need to dive in deep with each song, but pick and choose which songs to talk about more in depth. Good introduction and conclusion. Overall, really solid. And Easy is not a 10/10 dbdnd you’re psychotic. 3.5/5

• Total: 8/10

• T-Swizz

• All requirements: Forgot to include your name. -4.5/5

• Review: The introduction was pretty solid. We got an overview of her career and the album’s accomplishments but there’s a cliffhanger, which I enjoyed. In the track by track review, I see that you included the lyrics for almost every track which was a nice touch. The only issue with that is I wish there was a bit more content in that space and less lyrics in some of the track reviews. The review for Whatchamacallit is the template I was hoping for in every other review. I understand that you got one of the longer albums and with this particular album the tracks can get pretty redundant which explains the length. Solid entry. -4.5/5

• Total: 9/10

• Prézli

• All requirements: 4.5/5 - :cm:

• Review: I haven’t heard the album, so I was curious if you could draw my attention to it. (It’s so-so.) The introduction is decent as you wrote about her pre-album-release career as well as her Grammy nomination. The most of the track reviews are solid and well done, but there are some issues: sometimes, there was more lyric than content and sometimes, you were too harsh (e.g. here’s your quintessential sex song at “Own It”) or you said nothing about the track (e.g. “Run My Mouth”) - Actually, here you wrote it was good, but you gave it 6 points which is rather ‘mixed’. And then, you also gave 6 points to “Gut Feeling” and called it disappointing. I like that the overview is more personal and you mentioned some R&B singers. I see personality in this review without being very personal which is a good point in here, but I wish it was more detailed. 3.5/5

• Total: 8/10

MusicLoverDude - Little Mix - LM5

Spoiler

Little Mix - LM5 

MusicLoverDude 

little-mix-lm5-cover-tgj.jpg

Little Mix has been around for 7 years now and their longevity has been amazing to watch. This particular album cycle had controversy surrounding it due to them leaving Syco Records as well as being brought out the Cardi B and Nicki Minaj feud. So as a result, it could be said that those events may have overshadowed the actual album release. It's time to set the record straight however and see how this album turned out.  

--------------------------------------------

The National Manthem: This is a cute interlude to the anthem. Their harmonies are nice and angellic. I'll admit that I'm a bit confused as to why it's the first track, because other than the title, it doesn't really GRAB your attention other than the fact that it's a pretty welcoming harmony that is harmless. 7/10

Woman Like Me: Unfortunately, the effort put into that manthem got wasted by putting Woman Like Me next on the tracklist. As we know, the band members did not really want to release this as a single, and after listening, I understand why. Little Mix over the years has shown that they are all about female empowerment, and the lyrics to this song doesn't make any of them sound empowered. They make them sound like bad people. Putting Nicki Minaj on the track, especially with how anti-feminist she was this year in the headlines, did not make things any better with forgettable verse. What saves this song from being a complete disaster is the fact that the production is cohesive from start to finish and the chorus is very easy to remember and jam along to when you need that mind-numbing night of fun. 6/10

Think About Us: The production on Woman Like Me is what saved it from being a complete mess, but the same can't be said on Think About Us. The girls on here sound great vocally, and their vocals are what holds the song together, but the bipolar production ruins the whole song. One moment, you're thinking it's pure pop EDM ballad, the next it switches into a generic tropical pop song. The lack of identity makes you lose interest fast and the breakdown at the end of the chorus sounds like it would be more appropriate to have a proper dance pop breakdown that came from 2010 and 2011 songs. And when you have bipolar production, it takes you out of the song, which it did for me and I wouldn't hold it against anyone else for not really liking this either. 5/10

Strip: We finally get our first real highlight from this album with Strip. The song is very tongue-in-cheek as it talks about stripping off all your layers, either physically like with makeup, or metaphorically like stripping away your insecurities and saying that you look comfortable naked and are ok with every area of your body even though you know it isn't perfect. It's very empowering and Little Mix are in full control of what's going on. I feel like the feature was kind of unnecessary because Little Mix got their message across just fine by themselves, but Sharaya J still did just fine with her verse and added to the girl power aspect again.  Overall, a great song that starts giving this album its wings 10/10 

Monster In Me: The production on this song along with the verses are just very empty and this song feels like a filler track as a result. So while the chorus has room to grow, the verses don't save it. - 5/10

Joan Of Arc: A feminist anthem with sassy lyrics, but the production is a little underwhelming when you consider how often Little Mix does anthems like this. Up against songs like Salute or Wings, it's not as strong, but it is stronger than most of the other songs we have heard so far. 6/10

Love a Girl Right: After a good amount of subpar songs, it was a well needed step-up. That opening guitar riff perfectly introduces the first verse and gets you into the groove immediately. And the production remains cohesive throughout the entire song, which allows for a thoroughly enjoying listening experience. 10/10

American Boy: Here we have another reggae-influenced track on the album. And just like Love a Girl Right, the production is cohesive throughout and the guitar chords are easy to remember and get you just as into the song. The fast-paced flow on the second verse works perfectly with the vibe as well, and the fast-paced vocals are only good with certain productions, because other songs on this album failed to achieve this. 10/10

Told You So: This song is pretty laidback in terms of production, and thus gives more spotlight to the lyrical content and the girls vocals, with both the message of the song and their singing shining through. It's refreshing to hear a group of friends getting through break-ups together without rubbing the bad things the ex did in their faces. It's yet another album highlight that was executed perfectly. 10/10

Wasabi: Everything about this song is pure fire. Yet more guitars are brought into this song, and they thoroughly executive the transitions in production, which allows everyone's vocals to shine through once again. The confidence conveyed in this song is just right, without going over the top and staying classy. Considering this is meant to be a gay anthem, that's a great way to let the haters hate without a brat about it. 10/10

More Than Words: Unfortunately, the streak of great songs has come to an end, as this song's horrific production and vocals that sound like the girls took speed completely kills any way for this song to be listenable. It's 3 minutes of unbearable mess and a wasted opportunity for Kamille. It's so unbearable to get through that even an EF5 tornado moving at a slow enough speed to kill several entire families and reduce homes to nothing but concrete slabs in an entire subdivision would end faster than this song. 1/10

Motivate: After the disaster that was More Than Words, we at least are able to pick up the pieces with this harmless filler. There is nothing that really stands out about this track, other than the fact that at one point one of the singers sounded like Dinah Jane from Fifth Harmony (which isn't a good thing). but because it has a cohesive and well-balanced structure to its production, it's at least a nice listen. 6/10 

Notice: This is another song that doesn't really seem that interesting or memorable. The vocals are there, but it seems a bit TOO slow production wise and the girls didn't do anything to make it more interesting. So, it's just there and I'm very likely to skip it in the car. 4/10

The Cure: We end the album with a rather reflective self-empowerment anthem about getting back up on your feet after a break-up + other things that happen to people in their lives. It's not ground-breaking, but it makes senses as the closer for this album. Little Mix is getting older and it's not the first time they've included self-reflective songs on their albums (i.e. Clued Up from Get Weird). The chorus is powerful enough to keep you interested as is the rest of the song, but the breakdown with the vocals is anticlimactic and didn't really punch like it should have for a closing track that is meant to be self-powering. Nevertheless, a respectable ending choice for the album that leaves the listeners knowing that these girls have been through a lot and are maturing more and more as the years go on. 

Hits: Strip, Love a Girl Right, American Boy, Told You So, Wasabi
Misses: Think About Us, Monster In Me, More Than Words

Overall rating: 7/10

Fans of Little Mix should be pleased with this album. It's not a masterpiece, but it shows that these girls still have that spark and that they continue to have the urgency to evolve their sound, while still creating a decent album that can appeal to just about anyone. 
  • Dylan

• All requirements: 5/5

• Review: Your introduction and conclusion we’re not very strong. Out of all the reviews, I felt this read a little more ATRL comment than a review I’d read on something a little more official. You described the songs sound pretty well, but it would’ve been nice to get a little more info about the album itself rather than the headlines. Stream Wasabi, bitch. 2.5/5

• Total: 7.5/10

• T-Swizz

• Review: The writing at the beginning of the review, especially the introduction was sub-par but grew a bit stronger as you progressed through the review. I don’t think it was necessary to talk about headlines or what the media was saying about Nicki Minaj and her feud with Cardi as that has little to do with the album itself. Think About Us & Strip were great reviews but then you kind of failed to give us a similar effort with the tracks the followed. Conclusion should’ve been stronger as well.  2.5/5

• Total: 7/5/10

• Prézli

• Review: The introduction sounds gossip-magazine-y to me. In the actual review, you couldn’t find the middle road between opinion and criticism because there were too many I understand, I’m confused, I feel… At some tracks, you were too judgmental or hyped (e.g. “Woman Like Me”, “More than Words” and “Wasabi”). (Actually, I like “More than Words”, but it feels to me that you skipped the facts and said your own opinion instead. The track was produced by Timbaland, and since you criticized the production, you should have mentioned him or his earlier work because he’s like one of the biggest in the industry.) “Think About Us”, “American Boys” and “Love a Girl Right” were superb, but you couldn’t deliver the same at the most of the tracks, unfortunately. 2.5/5

• Total: 7.5

kipperskipper - Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

Spoiler

Carrie Underwood- Cry Pretty 

Image result for cry pretty 

A Review By KipperSkipper 

Cry Pretty is the 6th studio album by country goddess Carrie Underwood. Carrie delves more into a modern take of what a country album should sound like. The album is a fusion of country, pop, and even has some elements of R&B sprinkled into it. In Cry Pretty, Carrie showcases the many facets she has a woman dealing with heartbreak, however after 3 songs in, it starts to become redundant.  

Cry Pretty-The album opens up with the title track Cry Pretty, which is a woeful yet empowering song in which Carrie is openly vulnerable and tackles the standard and pressure of woman having to always be "put together". Carries states that we may be able to cover up our emotions, but we sure as hell can't deny them And falling apart is as human as it getsYou can't hide it, you can't fight what the truth is"  . This song showcases Carrie's immaculate storytelling through her lyrics which are met with her poignant vocals. The song starts off somewhat slow, but once the chorus hits, the passion and fire explode with the accompaniment of drums and electric guitars. Carries soulful and powerful vocals really shine, especially during the bridge of the song. Carrie lets out every emotion she feels as a shrill electric guitar amplifies every word and sentiment of the song. (9/10)

Ghosts On The Stereo. This is a typical country song that follows the theme of the album, which is love loss. However, this song doesn't depict Carrie as a woeful damsal mourning a heat break. In fact, Carrie portrays a woman who is fully confident and certain of herself after a breakup, which she sings over solemn acoustic strums. The lyrics showcase a sassier, sharp-witted, high spirited Carrie who has long forgotten about her ex by partying and enjoying herself. However, the song is met with lots of country cliches in the chorus and although a very catchy song, it is nothing that is unique or groundbreaking. (8/10)

Low- This next song totally contradicts the previous, Ghosts on The Stereo. In the latter, we saw a confident, content, and fearless Carrie. But in Low,  we see a  someone that is wallowing in their sorrow of a heart break.Oh, I've hit rock bottom, I'm in it deep I can't get no air, I can't get no sleep, without you by my side, she sings in a bluesy tune as guitars ripple out through her wailing vocals. The song is beautifully sung and has twangy guitar strings that add an extra layer to this song. It seems this song was strategically placed after the optimistic Ghosts On the Stero to further show the layers and stages of dealing with heartbreak. Sometimes we are filled with resentment, sometimes we have a spark of confidence, and sometimes we fall right down to rock bottom (9/10)

Blacksliding- Instantly the song opens up with a gorgeous ambient string set, but then it goes downhill from there.  Carries vocals kick in, and quite frankly the finger snaps disrupt the beautiful strings. This song is a country pop tune that has Carrie questioning why she still thinks of her ex and why they keep somehow getting back together, and the song sounds just as messy as that scenario. Carries vocals are a bit whiny and the repetitive lyrics come off as annoying. Backsliding sounds like a 2010 Taylor Swift reject that is a bit dated and unoriginal. Although it fits the theme of the album, it seems to be put in an awkward place. Right now it seems Carrie is taking us on a roller coaster from being happy the breakup is over, to hitting rock bottom, and now to getting back with her ex. Get it together girl. (5/10)

Southbound- Southbound is a country-cool summery upbeat jam that is perfect for a road trip. It showcases Carries amazing abilities as a songwriter as it is full of vivid imagery and tons of wit. In this song we see a more rebellious side where Carrie sings with lots of attitude and swagger. It has a feel-good, sing-along chanty chorus to it. But once again, the placement of this song is a bit off. It doesn’t necessarily fit in with narrative of the album, but then again that is refreshing to hear a song that is not about heartbreak. (8/10)

That Song That We Used To Make Love To- In this song Carrie can’t help herself but to reminisce and listen to a special song associated with a special memory. It is an infectious pop country track that is very easy to listen to and easy to sing along to. The use of delicate synth beats mixed with twangy guitar strings really amplifies the infectious chorus.There isn’t much progression to the song, but it does have beautiful elements to it. It definitely has replay value and is a gem on the album. (9/10)

Drinking Alone- Here we have another song about Carrie coping with her breakup. Instead she is drowning her sorrows in alcohol, but the song isn’t necessarily about what the title alludes to. In fact, it is about Carrie meeting someone at the bar who also seems to be down on their luck. This song has that vengeful, firey feeling to it. thnks to the hard-rock guitars. From the way Carrie belts out each lyric, you can feel the anger and pain in her voice. The attitude and emotion that Carrie displays can be reminiscent to her smash Before He Cheats. The sort of mysterious yet mischievous guitar plucks and percussions really add another dimension to this song. The backing music is certainly another character in this sinful story. (10/10)

The Bullet- Unfortunately this bullet was a shot in the dark and a total miss. In this track we see Carrie tackle the issue of gun violence, which is very commendable coming from a country artist. Once again Carrie showcases her immaculate songwriting and storytelling throughout the song, however that isn’t enough to make you want to listen to it again. This song is just boring and doesn’t have anything worth coming back to. Although Carries vocals sound nice and the sentiment is important, that is not enough to make you want to replay this. Plus it is an awkward song to have in a breakup album. (4/10)

Spinning Bottles- This is where the album seems to have a lull. After such a non event that was The Bullet, Carrie keeps you dozing off with Spinning Bottles. In this song  Carrie tackles the topic of alcoholism. Once again her storytelling shines and the we applaud the sentiment, but the album really could do without this song.(2/10)

Love Wins- Love Wins is an upbeat corny and cheesey ballad about the world uniting as brothers and sisters to end gun violence. Carrie pleads that we should all put our political difference aside and band together to end such hate. She remains optimistic that in the end love will win. Although a beautiful and much needed message, it just comes of as cheesy and something only 40 year old white ladies would listen to on purpose. The album went from being heartbroken about a breakup to now Carrie voicing her thoughts on gun violence and alcoholism. It seems their are two clashing narratives on this album and in the end t just becomes lopsided,  (1/10)

End Up With You is a catchy and infectious pop song with elements of today’s dance and r&b trends. It showcases Carries versatility as a songwriter and as an artist, showing that she can delve into other genres and do them justice. However, the inclusion of this song is a bit confusing. After the powerful socially charged songs The Bullet, Love Wins, and Spinning bottles. we take an abrupt turn to this pop heavy song about getting back with a guy. Once again Carrie fails to deliver cohesion on this last part of the album. It seems these past 4 songs were all after thoughts and the sound of this song is a completely different direction than the first half of the album. If Carrie wanted to go full on pop she could have done so with Ed Up WIth You, but since the album is a predominantly country album, it just seems off. (7/10)

Kingdom- Closing the album is the beautifully optimistic Kingdom. The song is bright, heavenly, and something that would wrap  up a romance movie. With that being said, it is a big disappointment to the narrative of the album. It seems Carrie has forgiven her lover and is almost excuses every wrong doing of her partner by saying that It's perfectly imperfect
It's worth more than it's worth
 . The message of this song seems to contradict almost half of the album. (5/10)

The Champion (ft Ludacris)- Yes...Carrie Underwood did a collab with Ludacris. This song is clearly not for her and clearly doesn't belong on the album. But one of the smartest decisions Carrie made all album was to include this song as a "Bonus Track". With that being said, the song does not do Carries vocals justice and vice-versa. Carrie's voice is too high pitched for this song and would be suited for someone like Sia....which makes sense cuz the song is kind of like and Unstoppable ripoff. Although the chorus explodes with explosive punches, it's really hard to get over Carrie's whine and shrill voice practically screaming over the harsh production.  Then Ludacris comes in, and as you can imagine, doesn't save the song from it's demise. Instead he makes it even worse by spelling out "Champion" with his rap. If this song were to be renamed it  would probably be named "Loser". (6/10)

Carrie Underwood has had one of the most successful American Idol careers, proving she can serve quality and longevity. But with Cry Pretty, it shows that she seems to be running out of material to write and seems to be losing her spark. Cry Pretty is a confusing album, with songs about coping with heart break, reconciling with a past lover, and even gun violence. It seems like Carrie couldn't really stick to a narrative and all of the songs about heartbreak started to end up like listening to one of your friends mope and whine about their failed relationship. Carrie took us on an hour long emotional roller coaster that was reminiscent to a sappy romance movie that had a terrible ending that made you regret every starting it. 

Highlights: Low, Drinking Alone, The Song We Used to Make Love To, Cry Pretty
Lows: Spinning Bottles, Love Wins, Kingdom
  • Dylan

• Review: You described your album the best by far and made several points in doing so. Cry Pretty attempts to be this personal diary or Carrie’s, but overall lacks any sense of direction or personality. The only weak part of your entry was that you rarely mentioned anything regarding production credits or any other “fun facts” we may want to know about the album. That left more to be desired sometimes. Overall, the closest we came to the total package. ⅘

• T-Swizz

• Review: This was definitely my favorite review out of the bunch. The writing was exquisite and you hit on virtually every lyrical aspect of the song throughout each track review. The one thing that you missed out on that everyone else seemed to pick up on was mention who produced it and give us a bit more information on that front. Other than that I definitely loved this. 4.5/5

• Total: 9.5/10

• Prézli

• Review: I like that you hinted in the introduction what we can expect in the review. Everything in here is well written. As my fellow judge said, you should have checked out Wikipedia for the credits because you didn’t mention any producer or songwriter (actually, this album was supposed to be her poppiest one yet, so I was expecting some sentences about its background), so that’s why it’s not perfect, but you did more than well. 4.5/5

• Total: 9.5/10

thecptz - Jorja Smith - Lost & Found

Spoiler

Jorja Smith - Lost & Found 

Album Review 

— by thecptz 

R-12105956-1530219028-8462.jpeg.jpg 

It has been two years since this UK R&B singer-songwriter, Jorja Smith released her debut single, Blue Lights. After that, she released her first EP, Project 11. Even though she had been working with a lot of artists like Kali Uchis and Drake, her debut album was still nowhere to be found. Until June 2018, when Smith finally delivered her long-awaited debut album. Now we’re going to go track by track and see if it’s worth the wait. 

Lost & Found: In the opening track, Smith worked with her producer who has been working with her since her EP, Charlie J. Perry. This jazz-influenced song gives me an Amy Winehouse vibe who is her idol. Smith sings about the teenage love, asking a questions about falling in love as we can see and hear through the lyrics. The song makes you want to just chilling and feel Smith’s feeling and curiosity. For me, the beginning maybe a bit too long but other than that, it’s a great Jazz-influenced song. (8.5/10) 

Teenage Fantasy: This third single from Smith is the second and the last song which are produced by Charlie J. Perry. Smith and Perry also brought Peter Meredith to help them write the song. Teenage Fantasy shows us the reality of love. As the chorus goes, we realised that love isn’t what we pictured when we were young. Smith ends the song with such a playful way to sing showing us that she’s still a teenager and everything doesn’t have to be too serious. Overall, this song is cute and I can see why she made this the third single since the lyrics are what the kids say #Relatable. (7.5/10) 

Where Did I Go?: Produced by Sam Wills and Cadenza, Smith got a helping hand from Maverick Sabre who has worked with her before and Oliver Rodigan to make the song complete. Smith is finally ready to say goodbye to her ex and let go of him. This song is the second single from the album and even though it flops, this is such a radio-friendly song from the catchy beat (like all of her songs) to the memorable chorus. (7.5/10) 

February 3rd: A midtempo song that she released just before she released the album. Smith takes us to the cloud above with this dreamy vibe from the beat. I adore the simplicity of the song but I have to admit that there are some parts that I don’t like. (7/10) 

On Your Own: Working with Jason Pounds who she worked with in February 3rd, this song gave the same vibe as February 3rd. The reggae influence can be found in the pre-chorus. Smith shows how she was affected by the break-up and how she decided to become strong and ready to move on — the same message can be heard in Where Did I Go?. It’s an okay song which I don’t mind skipping it. (6/10) 

The One: This is the latest single which the music video was released in December 2018. This soulful song shows how Smith experienced bad thing from her past relationship and made her doesn’t want to be in love anymore. Smith’s voice is so powerful but somehow, the song feels meh. (6/10) 

Wandering Romance: Smith got help from Maverick Sabre again! However this time, she also had Felix Joseph producing the song. Even though the lyrics are a bit romantic but if we look closer to the lyrics, Smith gives her all to her lover who doesn’t give her back any love she deserves, yet she still loves him. Her vocal in the last chorus is so emotional. This is such a beautiful sad song. (7.5/10) 

Blue Light: This song is a first song Smith ever released and her most critical acclaimed song. She used Dizzee Rascal’s, a UK rapper, sirens as a sample. This song criticises social problem that we’re facing right now. With the clever lyrics and the smart way of using the samples, Blue Light is so amazing that you can listen to this all day long without getting bored. Also, the beat is very catchy. (10/10) 

Lifeboats (Freestyle): The transition from Blue Light to Lifeboats is fantastic. It flows pretty well together. This sing-rap song tells people in the society to help each other just like when they were made to live together in the social and care about each other. It’s a short song but this girl can rap and I’m impressed. (7.5/10) 

Goodbyes: In this acoustic song, Smith got Benjamin Totten to play a guitar for her. She mourns about her loved one who passed away. It’s nice and refreshing to hear something stripped down a bit. The chorus is very great and the ‘L-O-V-E was all for you’ line is such a  smart play and flows well with the guitar. (8/10) 

Tomorrow: A ballad song in which Smith sings about how it was hard to say goodbye to people who have been there for her. Ed Thomas worked with her again for this album (the previous songs that he helped wrote or produced in the album are The One and Goodbye). I praised Goodbyes above, however this ballad left me feel weird. Her vocal in the chorus is like she is trying but it doesn’t work. (5/10) 

Don’t Watch Me Cry: A ballad to close the album! This is the only song in the album that she wrote all by herself. Smith is left with a broken heart and she just wants her ex to know how she felt. Talking about all the ballads in this album, personally this is better than Tomorrow but I think she should’ve chosen Goodbyes to close the album instead of this song. (6.5/10) 

Hits: Blue Lights, Lost & Found 

Misses: Tomorrow, On Your Own 

Overall, Lost & Found is a pretty good debut album. It’s definitely worth a try. We can hear some jazz and reggae influence in the album. And it works well together with her R&B sound. Smith is in the right way to become more successful if she continues to give us a good work like this. Look out for her because I think she’s coming. 

(7.5/10)

• Dylan

• Review: This round can be hard to complete when you are not comfortable writing extensively in English so I completely understand your disdain for writing rounds in this game. However, you really shouldn’t be too worried at all about them. You connected the artist with outside influences very well and that was the highlight of your entry. However, some of your reviews felt like you didn’t fully explain what you meant. If something is weird, why is that? That sort of thing. Overall really solid entry. 3.5/5

• Total: 8.5/10

• T-Swizz

• Review: “This jazz-influenced song gives me an Amy Winehouse vibe who is her idol.” I love how you were able to incorporate personal aspects of the artist so seamlessly into the review, made it a great read. The writing was simplistic yet effective, the only issue I had was the length of the review was definitely on the short side, especially in comparison to reviews like kipper. 4/5

• Prézli

• Review: I know you’re not strong at writing in English, but you did a great job! The introduction is pretty good. At the title track and “February 3rd”, you went a bit too personal with sentences like “For me” and “there are some parts that I don’t like”, but it’s acceptable after you show professionalism at the most of the tracks and actually, it makes me want to listen to it as you say you’re impressed by it. You can be proud of this work. ⅘

Final Results coming up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.