Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

17072186-chopped-kiwi-with-knife-on-a-cu

:weeps:

Ugh. I hate y’all. 

Edited by EriKills

kiiwii was the icon of the season

y'all wish!

Just now, Element said:

kiiwii was the icon of the season

y'all wish!

2zpoK26.gif

fQptEkZVKjm0G8cThqn8hkoURMu_JUix7jqAKCiy

Welcome castaways to Round 16 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7)!  Let's get started!

@Buddy! @kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude @thecptz

The theme for Round 16 is...
Music Critique

This round, the remaining 4 of you will write an album review. I will be assigning you each a different album. Only the standard edition of each album will be reviewed.

There is always the possibility you may have heard the album I assign but I tried to steer away from major pop albums that every ATRLer has listened to. If you have listened to the album I assign you, take it as an advantage this round. Try not to mention it though because if you're already familiar with the album, the expectations will rise.

Your album review will be graded on the normal scale of 1-10 based off multiple factors. Those factors can include effort, if your review is biased or not, and the detail/manner in which you review. You will all receive a fair amount of points for just following directions and the rest of your score will be determined by your writing. By writing, I don't mean just grammar. I mean how well you execute your points whether positive or negative. Of course writing skills will come in handy but it won't guarantee immunity.

The whole point of this round is to envision yourself as a critic for some type of magazine such as Billboard. The end result of your entry should look like an actual critic review (or at least a good one). Some critics are biased, but we are trying not to be. The judges need to be able to tell you actually gave the album a shot and didn't just go based off preformed opinions. You will not be judged by your opinions. You will be judged by how you back them up. You can say whatever you want as long as you have something backing it up and aren't just throwing stuff out there. I don't expect you all to become literature majors overnight, but just take your best shot and you'll be surprised by how well your review turns out.

Below are the requirements for this round's entry.

The Requirements:

1. Artist Name + Album Title - 1/2 Point

Self-explanatory.

2. Your Name - 1/2 Point

Yup.

3. Album Cover - 1 Point

The official is required for this one as this isn't an era recreation or something similar.

4. Mention Every Track - 1 Point

This is a track-by-track review. Each track needs to be mentioned, described, and then given a consensus on whether you like it, love it, or hate it.

5. Hits & Misses - 1 Point

Include a section where you recommend a few highlights from the album as well as a few tracks that should remain skipped over. 

6. An Overall Rating - 1 Point

At the end of your review, there should be some type of rating whether it's out of 5 stars, a letter grading scale, or just plain numbers. 

The other 5 points will come from the review itself for a total out of 10. We will reward those points based off how well you wrote the review, whether you were biased, and whether you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Below are the albums you will be reviewing. 

The Albums:

Buddy!

tSAUrDe.jpg

Spoiler

EllaMaiSelfTitled.png

Ella Mai - Ella Mai

1    "Emotion"
2    "Good Bad"
3    "Dangerous"
4    "Sauce"
5    "Whatchamacallit" (featuring Chris Brown)
6    "Cheapshot"
7    "Shot Clock"
8    "Boo'd Up"
9    "Everything" (featuring John Legend)
10    "Own It"
11    "Run My Mouth"
12    "Gut Feeling" (featuring H.E.R.)
13    "Trip"
14    "Close"
15    "Easy"

kipperskipper

41Ykc1k.thumb.gif.71073269001b6dd456be15

Spoiler

Carrie_Underwood_-_Cry_Pretty_(Official_

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

1    "Cry Pretty"
2    "Ghosts on the Stereo"
3    "Low"
4    "Backsliding"
5    "Southbound"
6    "That Song That We Used to Make Love To"
7    "Drinking Alone"
8    "The Bullet"
9    "Spinning Bottles"
10    "Love Wins"
11    "End Up with You"
12    "Kingdom"
13    "The Champion" (featuring Ludacris)

MusicLoverDude

Muffy_S17.thumb.png.b04972e60744e8b8eec3

Spoiler

Little_Mix_%E2%80%93_LM5.png

Little Mix - LM5

1    "The National Manthem"
2    "Woman Like Me" (featuring Nicki Minaj)
3    "Think About Us"
4    "Strip" (featuring Sharaya J)
5    "Monster in Me"
6    "Joan of Arc"
7    "Love a Girl Right"
8    "American Boy"
9    "Told You So"
10    "Wasabi"
11    "More Than Words" (featuring Kamille)
12    "Motivate"
13    "Notice"
14    "The Cure"

thecptz

7R5yIYN.jpg

Spoiler

268x0w.jpg

Jorja Smith - Lost & Found

1    "Lost & Found"
2    "Teenage Fantasy"
3    "Where Did I Go?"
4    "February 3rd"
5    "On Your Own"
6    "The One"
7    "Wandering Romance"
8    "Blue Lights"
9    "Lifeboats (Freestyle)"
10    "Goodbyes"
11    "Tomorrow"
12    "Don't Watch Me Cry"

Example:

We have two great examples of what to do this round!

The first is S7 winner and S8 judge Aciid's review of "The Altar" by Banks which received a perfect score from the judges! Aciid created a multimedia review on another website, linked here: https://issuu.com/aciidrose/docs/banks5

Another example of what to do, in the spoiler below, is S3 winner -brian's review of 'Kiss Me Once' by Kylie Minogue. 

Spoiler

DGqE4wn.png?1
uEEOUiB.png?1
ns7KiWe.png?1
GrjHMsr.png?1

-brian received a near perfect score for his review and his entry is definitely a go-to entry for inspiration this round. 

I am giving you all 5 days to complete this round. You may have to listen to the album in the first place and you also have to write out a review. That on top of life priorities requires a hefty amount of time. The deadline for this round is Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 11 PM EST. 

Disclaimer:

Regarding the upcoming Tribal Council. In previous seasons, the Top 4 Tribal Council has resulted in a tie. I'm going to inform you all in advance what happens in that scenario so there's no questions when the time comes. If there is a tie between two people, the person with the lowest overall average leaves the game. That has been the rule for the last couple seasons. 

Good luck as usual castaways. Everyone should give their all this round. Do your best!

If there is a tie between two people, the person with the lowest overall average leaves the game. That has been the rule for the last couple seasons. 

sdjhdsjdh

tenor.gif?itemid=12844686

shocking

2 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

sdjhdsjdh

tenor.gif?itemid=12844686

coming for your wig :gaycat3:

I'm gonna be gone the entire week shdjsh

iPLUCbe.gif

42 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

I'm gonna be gone the entire week shdjsh

iPLUCbe.gif

at least you made top 4! :katie2:

I've been meaning to listen to Ella Mai so thanks to whoever picked that xx. 

9 minutes ago, Aciid said:

it’s cute but you can tell mustard produced the entire project REALLY quick 

so great to know we picked 20 talented castaways and the only four untalented ones are all still here 

cc: @kiiwii

1 minute ago, Dylan' said:

so great to know we picked 20 talented castaways and the only four untalented ones are all still here 

this is a compliment, right? :keir: if i wasn’t part of your winner picks, you’re a flop :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Aciid said:

there are a few cute songs but others are fillers

the girls got cute albums to review

i got Adam Lambert during my season 

kipperskipperscreamingchihuaha.jpg

17 minutes ago, Guero said:

:) 

2 hours ago, Guero said:

fi1YoQN.jpg?1JwrEukl.jpg?1

2 hours ago, Guero said:

Last season in the round where you make an EP and take out the filler or smn, we got idol contestant albums and it was TRAGIC. 

24 minutes ago, Aciid said:

Last season in the round where you make an EP and take out the filler or smn, we got idol contestant albums and it was TRAGIC. 

LMFAO the recreate an era round! Honestly, it was one of my least favorite rounds, so I'm glad that we got rid of it. The albums last season were ones that we considered to be "underrated" from women

nn i will try to get it done as soon as possible. kinda busy all week :priceless:

Listening to LM5 right now. Almost done.

My birthday is Sunday and I'm celebrating it early tomorrow night, plus I'm helping my Mom with moving. So I'm glad the deadline is Sunday. Because this week is hectic.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, Dylan' said:

If I was untalented then how come I managed to make it to the final 4...especially since you know where I've landed in previous seasons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.