Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

57 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

a should have been third single!

anyway guys, I'm hoping one of you wins this round because I think you really deserve it. However, wouldn't be surprised if its a toss up with someone else.

is that person me? :kipperskipper3:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

1 hour ago, kipperskipper said:

is that person me? :kipperskipper3:

why would my least favorite out of the top 5 be the person i hope wins this round? 

16 hours ago, Dylan' said:

anyway guys, I'm hoping one of you wins this round because I think you really deserve it.

+1

My wig :jonny4:

fQptEkZVKjm0G8cThqn8hkoURMu_JUix7jqAKCiy

@thecptz @kiiwii @Buddy!
@kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude

Welcome castaways to your 15th results show! Below will be the rankings for each round. The person with the lowest average after all five rounds will win immunity.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

With that said, here is picture 1…

E6mieub.jpg

On 1/5/2019 at 9:21 PM, Buddy! said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ksenLQ_RE

This is such a weird picture, and probably the hardest one to decipher imo. I'm seeing a couple marry, and a bear making an awkward face. For me, the bear seems like a metaphor of sorts, the bride may be thinking "what am I doing?" but still going on with the wedding because she already paid so much for it. I chose Ready to run cuz the b*tch wants OWT.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, kiiwii said:

For this picture, I chose to take the approach of both the bear and woman being the same person, rather than different people. The singer (as the bear) does not think highly of herself until seeing herself through the eyes of her lover, realizing she is beautiful both inside and out.

On 1/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, MusicLoverDude said:

Picture #1

The picture honestly makes me cackle, because the bear photobombs the picture perfectly and is just asking to be memed :ahh: . I Write Sins Not Tragedies matches the humor I find from this because of how over the top Brendon is, and the fact that he crashes a wedding in the song is icing on the cake.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, kipperskipper said:

1.Wild Love- James Bay

Here we see a wild bear admiring what seems to be the marriage of two people. It seems the bear could be longing for love as well. This song is about wanting to give your all to someone and love them wildly. Also thot the "wild" part in the title would be cute.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:37 AM, thecptz said:

picture #1

taylor swift - speak now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJhhHkHWi0

for me, the bear in this picture clearly has a thing for a man. :skull: she looks at this girl and like oh, really THIS girl and not her? wtf man. so that’s why i sent speak now. in speak now, taylor swift tries to tell the man that the woman he’s going to marry with is not a woman he should be married with. :biblio: she’s ready to crash this wedding and say OBJECTION! just like that poor bear wants :'(

Dylan's Rankings

1. thecptz

2. MLD

3. Kipper

4. Buddy!

5. kiiwii

All of you made this work pretty well I just got the general idea that the bear was jealous and wondering why this marriage was happening in the first place. Hence, why thecptz is first and MLD second.

T-Swizz's Rankings

1. MLD

2. thecptz

3. Buddy

4. Kipper

5. Kiiwii

MLD’s made the most sense to me even though it wasn’t initially what came to my mind when looking at the picture. This picture is clearly comedic to me so any interpretations in that manner got in the top 3, the last two were a bit too serious.

prézli's Rankings

1. MLD - This is not the first song that I was thinking of. Your description is not really what this picture is about (yeah, it’s funny, but there is more behind that), but luckily, the song fits well.

2. thecptz - Lyrically, it is on point, but sonically, this is too soft.

3. Buddy! - The bear might suggest the bride to run, but I think the song should be about a soon-to-be failed marriage as their wedding is a joke.

4. kipperskipper - The first verse is pretty good, but the chorus is… no.

5. kiiwii - You were imaging things that are not in the picture at all.

Aciid's Rankings

1. MLD - Quite the best match, the bear needed to be the first focus of this and the song is funny.

2. Thecptz - Just like MLD you had the second best interpretation in my eyes.

3. Kipper - The last 3 songs in my ranking blend in together for me but this talking about wild love brings it up a notch.

4. Buddy - Yeah the picture was kind of hard, I like the take on it just not the best.

5. Kiiwi - A bit too dramatic for the picture, a lighter take was needed.

Overall Rankings

1. MLD - 1.3

2. thecptz - 1.8

3. Buddy! - 3.5

4. kipperskipper - 3.5

5. kiiwii - 5.0

Round 2 incoming...

Edited by rl231

did you copy the same comment for both prezli and aciid? @rl231

7R5yIYN.jpg

Round 2

13news.jpg

An individual whose face is hidden, seemingly hiding something. The song speaks of the secrets that a person is hiding, but the singer does not mind, only hopes that it does not rip them apart.

22 hours ago, Buddy! said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJV8K8G55s

Everyone seems pressed and not paying attention to the model, so she's gonna keep strutting anyway. Jealous of my boogie is about people, well, hating on you for being happy and and being the bad bitch that you are.

Picture #2 

The model or celebrity in the picture is never physically shown. You just see the clothes she is modeling. To me, this alludes that she isn't seen as a person but as an object and that no one sees who she really is. Therefore, I chose Lucky to represent this picture, because everyone saw Britney (and Lucky) as this unrealistic idol that everyone bowed down to, but the real her was sadder than she led on

picture #2

lady gaga - fashion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSvpQNmwD4

this picture is clearly about fashion! the model walks down the runway looking good and feeling fine. she’s happy and confidence just like the song.

2. Fashion Killa- ASAP Rocky

I didnt want to go with the obvious Gaga songs so I went with this one. In the image the model is serving fashion and confidence the song is about a female who serves fashion.

Dylan's Rankings

1. MLD

2. kiiwii

3. Buddy!

4. kipper

5. thecptz

I think the face being hidden was a really crucial part of this picture besides the fashion and only MLD and kiiwii really got that. The fashion songs therefore weren’t as strong.

T-Swizz's Rankings

1. MLD

2. Buddy!

3. Kipper

4. Kiiwi

5. Thecptz

I think everyone’s first instinct was to choose fashion as that’s what it seems to be at face-value but those that looked for more unique interpretations given the lighting, the background, the audience, the model’s stance etc. got higher ranks.

prézli's Rankings

1. MLD - Not the best, but you somehow understood the meaning of the picture that it’s not only about fashion & fame, so among all these other entries, it is on the top.

2. Buddy! - gayTRL.

3. kiiwii - Its title is better than the actual content.

4. kipperskipper - Yeah, good thing that you didn’t send in that Gaga song because you would have been in the bottom.

5. thecptz - Eh.

Aciid's Rankings

1. MLD

2. Buddy!

3. Kipper

4. Kiiwii

5. Thecptz

Aside from MLD I think they were all lacking one of the two aspects. The fashion songs missed the mark by not interpreting the lack of face and darkness of the picture, while Kiiwii’s song is viewed by an outsider and never takes the being in the spotlight/fashion/celebrity thing into account.

Round Rankings

1. MLD - 1.0

2. Buddy! - 2.3

3. kiiwii - 3.3

4. kipperskipper - 3.5

5. thecptz - 5.0

Overall Rankings

1. MLD - 1.1 (=)

2. Buddy! - 2.9 (+1)

3. thecptz - 3.4 (-1)

4. kipperskipper - 3.5 (=)

5. kiiwii - 5.0 (=)

Round 3 incoming...

4 minutes ago, thecptz said:

did you copy the same comment for both prezli and aciid? @rl231

7R5yIYN.jpg

Peep that edit

looking good and feeling fine :gaycat2:

Round 3

Gy35nRc.jpg

Pic #3

Ok clearly this is a disaster, so i'm interpreting it as literal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY

Pompeii fits perfectly. It's obviously loosely based on the city in Italy that was completely wiped out after a volcanic eruption, similar to this image nature is completely covering the landscape and destroying everything in it's path.

A viral photo that displays how disastrous the world can be. I chose this song because it describes just that, witnessing the cruelty of the world through headlines and wishing to just get away.

Picture #3

As a weather enthusiast, I can see the beauty in that photo of the Woolsey fire. However, being born and raised in Southern California, I have witness several fires over my lifetime with multiple close calls. A few of my friends lost their homes in this fire and this wasn't the first fire where someone connected to me lost their home, as the sister of the lady I work for lost her home in one of the December 2017 fires. I've also had multiple scares in 2003, 2007 and last year as well, almost having to evacuate last year. So I can't help but feel sad when I see this photo. This song is the most respectable choice I can make because I've seen how the communities have come together after the fires, and the pictures are still beautiful yet terrifying at the same time. 

3. Two Suns in the Sunset- Pink FLoyd

This picture is from the devastating California fires which caused a lot of damage and loss. This song is about the world burning in the end of the world, and although the picture depicts just the fires from California, to some that was the end of their world.

picture #3

the veronicas - when it all falls apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69M8eYcSqH4

in this picture, it gives me the feeling about everything is going wrong and it’s such a bad day. even though the song i sent is about break-up, the singers say that her day was good until she broke up with her boyfriend then everything went upside down.

Dylan's Rankings

1. kiiwii

2. MLD

3. kipper

4. Buddy!

5. Thecptz

You all went the same route with the fires/world burning down thing, really. I just really liked kiiwii’s approach because I think a lot of people do avoid the news because we are sooo up to date on all events worldwide nowadays and it can be overwhelming/saddening to constantly see devastation on the tv.

T-Swizz's Rankings

1. MLD

2. Buddy!

3. Kipper

4. Thecptz

5. kiwii

MLD’s story really touched me and Ashes is such a phenomenal song. I know that creative and unique choices are usually applauded, but I don’t necessarily understand how Bonnie’s song applies. She keeps saying she needs a vacation and the picture is about Malibu being destroyed, a vacation spot, so it seems a bit….insensitive? Kipper and Buddy had similar interpretations, with Pompeii having the slight edge lyrically.

prézli's Rankings

1. kiiwii - It’s great! I like that the song is about being escaped from the mad world, and that’s what I see in the picture.

2. MLD - I like its dramatic touch of the sound. (Even though, it was just a MHWGO-ish joke for the movie, but it has a deeper meaning, actually.)

3. kipperskipper - Might be a little too literal, but it somehow works for me.

4. Buddy! - This is not bad, but you could have found a better one than this.

5. thecptz - Boy, it is a breakup song. I mean, you didn’t have to go with literal, but there is a disaster in the picture.

Aciid's Rankings

1. MLD - I nice song that can describe the feeling of the disaster in the photo.

2. Buddy! - I almost ranked you third cause I interpreted this song as a love song at first but I see that the point is to have both perspectives and that’s kind of cool.

3. Kipperskipper - A solid submission, just wasn’t the best.

4. Kiiwi - I like non literal interpretations but they can go wrong easily and I don’t think this song is appropriate for the disaster that’s happening.

5. Thecptz - Really off

Round Rankings

1. MLD - 1.5

2. kiiwii - 2.8

3. Buddy! - 3.0

3. kipperskipper - 3.0

5. thecptz - 4.8

Overall Rankings

1. MLD - 1.3 (=)

2. Buddy! - 2.9 (=)

3. kipperskipper - 3.3 (+1)

4. kiiwii - 3.57 (+1)

5. thecptz - 3.8 (-2)

Round 4 next...

Round 4

main_1200.jpg?1544127083

I chose shooting star, because this girl is most likely at a festival, taken most likely at night. She's shining bright in the dark, and that's kind of what this song is about. Shining bright no matter where you are. Tacky as it is, it's cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq8Dgcy4MDY

A love from a specific person that makes one feel like they're glowing inside. With this song, it captures the deep love between the two and how positive it has been on her.

Picture #4

The picture has been digitally altered to make the girl look unique and interesting, suggesting that she is a very underrated person and isn't like most people. E.T. is about falling for someone who is just so mysterious yet unique and not like others. It just makes the most sense. 

4. True Colors- Marina & The Diamonds

I interpret the picture as the girl's "true" inner colors are shining through, which is exactly what the song is about

picture #4

pitbull - feel this moment (feat. christina aguilera)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jlI4uzZGjU

the girl looks so happy and so free. in that moment, she doesn’t care about anything. she takes her time to enjoy thing that is happening right now. that’s what this picture said to me and in the song by mr. worldwide and legendtina, they just live in the moment just like this girl.

Dylan's Rankings

1. kiiwii

2. kipper

3. thecptz

4. MLD

5. Buddy!

I liked the “true colors” approach to this round such as someone seeing you for who you are and you seeing yourself for who you are. That was cool. I feel like there are a LOT of better songs about living in the moment that Feel This Moment though I liked the explanation. ET is so sexualized that I didn’t really feel the love approach that much. Shooting Star was just really cookie cutter.

T-Swizz's Rankings

1. Kiiwii

2. Kipper

3. Buddy!

4. MLD

5. thecptz

Kiiwii and Kipper were the only ones that really stood out, everyone else was kind of meh.

prézli's Rankings

1. kiiwii - Both lyrically and sonically, it’s perfect!

2. Buddy! - First Bastille, now Owl City? Boy, check your taste. ? :eli: This is cute indeed.

3. kipperskipper - Good cover, I wish it was more upbeat.

4. MLD - I think you thought there was something complex behind it. But there was not. You should have picked a love-party-carefree song.

5. thecptz - I don’t really get it.

Aciid's Rankings

1. Kipper - Concise but to the point and encouraging.

2. Buddy! - This is really cute.

3. Kiiwi - I really liked this I just don’t get any sentiment of love from the picture, hence the third placement. Sorry for ruining the perfect #1

4. Thecptz - Good but a bit basic.

5. MLD - The undertones are not it and idk it don’t fit.

Round Rankings

1. kiiwii - 1.3

2. kipperskipper - 2.3

3. Buddy! - 3.0

4. MLD - 4.3

4. thecptz - 4.3

Overall Rankings

1. MLD - 2.00 (=)

2. Buddy! - 2.94 (=)

3. kipperskipper - 3.00 (=)

4. kiiwii - 3.13 (=)

5. thecptz - 3.94 (=)

The final one is coming...who will rise, and who will fall?

i fall

• ATRL Moderator

omg i forgot how much of a bop glowing is

Round 5

be1470b2236d6303b084b2bcc06dbb97.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ll04Zzw5UM

I mean......literally reminds me so much of Joanne. But it's a beautiful song about death and giving tribute to her aunt who passed. This feels like the kind of pic you'd see above a casket at a funeral.

The picture shows an innocent victim of the heart-breaker that Vera is singing about. A naive, pretty girl that had no idea what was to come.

Picture #5

(Ignoring that it's young Tina Fey) this is a woman who is looking back at a photo of her younger years, and is feeling reminiscent of that time. This song by Mixi matches my interpretation, as she talks about the days of her youth in that song, when she was similar in age to the woman in the photo. 

5. La Vie En Rose- Lady Gaga

There is a sense of happiness and beauty in the picture and the rose to me symbolizes love. La Vie En Rose translates to "Life through rose hues" or seeing life through rose colored glasses meaning you are so happy and in love that everything around you is seems perfectly fine and magical and the songs lyrics translate to being in madly in love with someone. 

picture #5

elvis costello - she

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxVkt9Eg9o

this picture, she aka tina fey looks so gorgeous and the picture is so timeless. for me, the song that represents this picture the best must be this song about how beautiful she is

Dylan's Rankings

1. kiiwii

2. kipper

3. thecptz

4. MLD

5. Buddy!

I liked the “true colors” approach to this round such as someone seeing you for who you are and you seeing yourself for who you are. That was cool. I feel like there are a LOT of better songs about living in the moment that Feel This Moment though I liked the explanation. ET is so sexualized that I didn’t really feel the love approach that much. Shooting Star was just really cookie cutter.

T-Swizz's Rankings

1. Kiiwii

2. Kipper

3. Buddy!

4. MLD

5. thecptz

Kiiwii and Kipper were the only ones that really stood out, everyone else was kind of meh.

prézli's Rankings

1. kiiwii - Both lyrically and sonically, it’s perfect!

2. Buddy! - First Bastille, now Owl City? Boy, check your taste. ? :eli: This is cute indeed.

3. kipperskipper - Good cover, I wish it was more upbeat.

4. MLD - I think you thought there was something complex behind it. But there was not. You should have picked a love-party-carefree song.

5. thecptz - I don’t really get it.

Aciid's Rankings

1. Kipper - Concise but to the point and encouraging.

2. Buddy! - This is really cute.

3. Kiiwi - I really liked this I just don’t get any sentiment of love from the picture, hence the third placement. Sorry for ruining the perfect #1

4. Thecptz - Good but a bit basic.

5. MLD - The undertones are not it and idk it don’t fit.

Round Rankings

1. Buddy! - 1.5

2. MLD - 1.8

3. kipperskipper - 2.8

4. kiiwii - 4.3

5. thecptz - 4.5

Overall Rankings

1. MLD - 1.95 (=)

2. Buddy! - 2.65 (=)

3. kipperskipper - 2.95 (=)

4. kiiwii - 3.35 (=)

5. thecptz - 4.10 (=)

And with that, a job well done to MusicLoverDude for securing a ticket to the final 4! You sir have won individual immunity and are safe...but the same can't be said for the rest of y'all. Votes are due at 10 PM EST tomorrow night, and then the votes will be revealed! Good luck everyone.

mess why is it the same comments from the last picture? or i'm just dumb

Mess I saw Dylan give Buddy last for Joanne and I was shook because I thought it was a great entry

then realized rl ****ed up

• ATRL Moderator

Aura was SUCH a perfect song for #2

Sad none of you picked it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.