Supernatural: Season 14 | October 11

657 posts in this topic

erianoillim

supernatural-logo-png.png

ABOUT

Supernatural is a show revolving around two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, who travel across the back roads of America to save people from things that go bump in the night. Ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demons--you name it. The Winchesters are ready to hunt them. If you like monster-hunting, tracking the occult, going on an adventure while listening to classic rock inside a trusty American muscle car, this show is for you.

Sam-and-Dean-team-winchester-40025520-900-507.jpg

Season 1

S1_title_card.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: Sam Winchester is about to start college when his elder brother Dean asks for help looking for their missing father, John. They run into ghosts, monsters and even gods while looking for their father who was on a mission to hunt the yellow-eyed demon that killed Mary Winchester 22 years ago, and to seek the weapon that will kill the demon.

Big Bad: Yellow-Eyed Demon (Yellow Eyes, later revealed as Azazel)

Season 2

S2_title_card.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: The Winchester family's hunt for the demon leads to a deadly confrontation. To save Dean from dying, John trades his own life and the Colt to the yellow-eyed demon who killed Mary Winchester. Special children with psychic powers were gathered by the yellow-eyed demon for a competition to find out the strongest among them all. Dean makes a demon deal to save Sam, who initially loses the competition. Sam, Dean, their old friend Bobby, and another allied hunter Ellen, then race to prevent the yellow-eyed demon's plan to open the Devil's Gate and unleash demons into the world.

Big Bad: Yellow-Eyed Demon (Yellow Eyes, later revealed as Azazel)

Season 3

S3_title_card.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: Because of his deal to bring back Sam to life, Dean has one year left to figure out how to escape his contract. Sam desperately tries to find a way to save Dean while a mysterios demon named Ruby offers Sam help from the rising demonic threats. Different demons unleashed from the Devil's Gate wreak havoc and fight each other for power, but a really powerful demon named Lilith is determined to end all of her rivals, including Sam Winchester. Lilith has Dean killed by hellhounds but flees when she is unable to kill Sam Winchester.

Big Bad: Lilith

Season 4

S4_title_card.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: Dean escapes hell and digs himself out of his grave and reunites with Sam and Bobby. They run into a mysterios being named Castiel, who reveals himself as an angel and the one who resurrected Dean. Angels arrive on earth and warn the Winchesters about the Lilith's plan to break 66 seals to usher apocalypse and free Lucifer. Meanwhile, Ruby aids Sam Winchester and helps him develop his psychic powers at the cost of drinking demon blood. Ruby convinces Sam to use his powers to kill Lilith, while Dean tries to stop his brother as the angels warn that killing Lilith is the last seal that unleashes Lucifer. Sam kills Lilith and the brothers then kill Ruby while Lucifer emerges from his cage.

Big Bad: Lilith

Season 5

S5_title_card.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: The fallen archangel Lucifer is free and he is gathering his forces to start the apocalypse. Angels reveal Dean's role as the archangel Michael's vessel, while demons try to capture Lucifer's vessel, Sam. Demons continue to bring chaos, and the four horsemen of the apocalypse are freed and march across the land. Fending off both demons and angels, and, with the help of Castiel, Sam and Dean do everything they can to avoid archangel possession. Ultimately, they realize the only way to stop the apocalypse is for Sam to allow Lucifer to possess him and to jump back into the cage.

Big Bad(s): Lucifer, Michael

Season 6

SPN6.gif

Spoiler

Synopsis/Highlights: WIP

Big Bad(s): Eve, the Mother of All (Monsters), Crowley and Castiel

Season 7

S7_title_card2.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Dick Roman/Head Leviathan

Season 8

S8-Title-card.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Crowley, Metatron, Naomi

Season 9

SPN9.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Metatron

Season 10

SPN10.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Mark of Cain

Season 11

SPN11.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Amara/The Darkness

Season 12

SPN12.gif

Spoiler

Big Bad(s): Lucifer

Season 13

tumblr_oxqpib8aLh1qdiljao1_400.gif

KORDEI

The best show of all time? yes! I might do another rewatch since as I didn't see the last two seasons. Seasons 1-5 are some of the best TV I've ever seen period.

erianoillim
3 minutes ago, KORDEI said:

Seasons 1-5 are some of the best TV I've ever seen period.

My all-time favorite live action TV series!!

Best brotherhood

Amazing dad rock

car p0rn

beautiful sceneries that trigger my wanderlust

interesting storyline

Dean being my "spirit animal"

pop culture references

general awesomeness

Season 6 was just as interesting, but I won't lie, the show lost much of its footing in the Gamble and Carver/Edlund eras. Gamble had amazing arcs for Season 6-7, because Purgatory was fresh and was a logical progression, but her stand alone episodes were weak. Carver/Edlund had amazing technical improvements (acting, special effects, etc) and great stand alone episodes, but unfortunately, the lore was butchered and the arcs were weak, incoherent and repetitive. The Darkness arc was something new and interesting for a change. I wish Season 8 went directly to her arc.

MasterXPosed

I think the show should have stopped at season five. The ending was extremely effective. It was amazing for the first five seasons, and then now it's basically just turned into what Charmed turned into. It's not serious anymore, and when it tries to be it's not. I think the show was honestly extremely scary at times and was a male X-Files. The first season i grew up watching when it aired and nothing scared me as much as some of those episodes did like the Bloody Mary one and Scarecrow.

erianoillim
4 minutes ago, MasterXPosed said:

I think the show should have stopped at season five. The ending was extremely effective.

Agreed. I caught up with the series circa Season 7 and I was willing to open my mind but it really lost a lot of its spirit and character as it went on. My girlfriend adopted the thinking of Season 5 as the "canon" ending first, and eventually, I had to adopt it as well. My two best buds also think the series is a shadow of its former self.

When Buffy was supposed to end at Season 5, Whedon made up for it by making Season 6 and 7 of Buffy very effective, so it wasn't such a problem. And they eventually knew they had to stop at 7. Unfortunately, the CW needed to milk one of its few strong shows. Going back to Heaven vs Hell arcs really hurt Supernatural, whereas Buffy went on to bigger but more interesting Big Bads and character development.

erianoillim
22 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

My friends got me into this last year. I'm in the middle of season eight right now.

How are you liking it so far?

MasterXPosed
1 minute ago, erianoillim said:

Agreed. I caught up with the series circa Season 7 and I was willing to open my mind but it really lost a lot of its spirit and character as it went on. My girlfriend adopted the thinking of Season 5 as the "canon" ending first, and eventually, I had to adopt it as well. My two best buds also think the series is a shadow of its former self.

When Buffy was supposed to end at Season 5, Whedon made up for it by making Season 6 and 7 of Buffy very effective, so it wasn't such a problem. And they eventually knew they had to stop at 7. Unfortunately, the CW needed to milk one of its few strong shows. Going back to Heaven vs Hell arcs really hurt Supernatural, whereas Buffy went on to bigger but more interesting Big Bads and character development.

Some people can say S6/S7 hurt the show because it's considered the lowest of the series by some people, but i definitely think it's the most awarding work in terms of storyline. Buffy was ripped out of Heaven and her friends had to face the consequences of doing that. Set up for a great plotline for The First. I don't think S7 was by any means as bad as some people say it is. I think the potentials are bad tho. Having to spend an entire season on them felt out of place since only a few were given storylines. We all know Joss had to scrap most of S7 tho for Sarah wanting to leave. With Supernatural, i feel like it's just gone on for so long the writers made it sort of a parody of itself to please the fandom.

TMRA

Yesss, I love this show so much but this last season is BY FAR the worst season ever.

It misses some previous action and it has many cringe-worthy moments :foot: they should stop before it's too late

erianoillim
15 minutes ago, MasterXPosed said:

Some people can say S6/S7 hurt the show because it's considered the lowest of the series by some people, but i definitely think it's the most awarding work in terms of storyline. Buffy was ripped out of Heaven and her friends had to face the consequences of doing that. Set up for a great plotline for The First. I don't think S7 was by any means as bad as some people say it is. I think the potentials are bad tho. Having to spend an entire season on them felt out of place since only a few were given storylines. We all know Joss had to scrap most of S7 tho for Sarah wanting to leave. With Supernatural, i feel like it's just gone on for so long the writers made it sort of a parody of itself to please the fandom.

I for one don't believe B6/B7 was bad at all. I continued to get hyped (granted the Trio kinda sucked but Dark Willow was worth the trod, and Once More, With Feeling! was groundbreaking for a TV show at the time). Buffy 7 was epic in all aspects--the set up/return of the First showing all the Big Bads at the end of Lessons was amazing, all the references to the Hellmouth opening up worked so well, "From beneath you it devours" working as a reference to a stand alone episode Beneath You AND also building up the First was genius, and the ancient vampires Turok-Han + the potentials worked for me.

sverhestestvennoe-6-sezon-16-seriya.jpg

Supernatural 6 had great progression with its arc. Admittedly, at first, it seems like it was returning to the monster-of-the-week format and seems unsure on how to move forward. But the introduction of monsters breaking rules and eventually the introduction of the Alpha monsters, the season finally seems to have found its direction. By Like A Virgin, the arc has taken an amazing turn. Dragons and the Mother of All, Eve, were exactly what Supernatural needed at the time. Something different that doesn't pale in comparison to the Apocalypse. Making Eve older than angels was a nice touch, and the three-way war among Heaven, Hell and Purgatory was a natural progression. Unfortunately, they had to kill Eve (don't get me wrong, Mommy Dearest was amazing--one of the best post-Kirpke episodes). Supernatural 7 seemed promising with the Old Ones/Leviathan, but the execution wasn't the best. You can tell that the show was starting to tire out.

Supernatural 8, 9 and 10 went back to Heaven vs Hell, and as a result, a lot of the subplots were repetitive. The civil wars within the two factions already happened in Season 6 (at that point, I always asked myself, how many angels really are left at this point?). Even episodes within the same seasons (8 and 9) felt repetitive. The Men of Letters offered something different, and Abaddon seemed promising--but they all eventually fell flat as the show decided to stick to its main characters instead of expanding. What was the point of Kevin and the tablets? Was the veil even ever resolved? Why introduce Crowley's redemption/humanization arc while building up Abaddon as the new Big Bad if you're going to double back and stick to Crowley again? You could remove majority of Supernatural 8, 9 and 10 and nothing much would change. They could be streamlined into just one season before introducing the Darkness/Amara.

erianoillim
4 minutes ago, TMRA said:

they should stop before it's too late

I think it's already too late

0xAW6Ig.gif

erianoillim
1 minute ago, geddymonster said:

I stan. :rip:

me and my buds don't anymore even though we stanned so hard we'd even pattern our clothes after team free will and called each other by their code insults, but I'm happy the show is still finding supporters :angelo:

CaliClass24

Classic :alexz:

This most recent episode was probably my favorite of season 12

Truffle.

i hate the fangirls cuz they're the reason every female was killed off

Spoiler

bela & jo & even ruby deserved to be mains and i'm not over it

erianoillim
1 minute ago, Truffle. said:

i hate the fangirls cuz they're the reason every female was killed off

Hide contents

bela & jo & even ruby deserved to be mains and i'm not over it

I agree with this a lot! Stupid fangirling and their shipping. Even Anna needed to stay!

I mean

4x10.jpg

I legitimately hoped this would be a good expansion of the cast

Dean and Anna in the Impala to the tune of Bad Company's Ready for Love >>>>>>>>>> :alexz:

Truffle.
Just now, erianoillim said:

I agree with this a lot! Stupid fangirling and their shipping. Even Anna needed to stay!

I mean

4x10.jpg

I legitimately hoped this would be a good expansion of the cast

Dean and Anna in the Impala to the tune of Bad Company's Ready for Love >>>>>>>>>> :alexz:

ughhh omg sam + dean + anna + ruby imagine the fcking SLAY :jonny3:

this actually upsets me a lot, and i'm mad that these girls think that females = threat to their ship

can we let the plot be the forefront pls? 

erianoillim
4 minutes ago, Truffle. said:

can we let the plot be the forefront pls? 

tumblr_lx7dx0ur291qagtwyo6_r1_250.gif

I can never get over Anna having to die, especially when originally, she was supposed to have the role of Castiel (I like Castiel a lot and I'm happy he's part of TFW but come on, Anna deserved some love).

Lee!!

I gave up on the show when Cas became God in whatever finale it was. I miss the early years!

erianoillim
4 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

I gave up on the show when Cas became God in whatever finale it was. I miss the early years!

Smart choice, although that was still one of the better finales of the post-Kirpke era

tumblr_inline_nj9w17JDjc1rew8ay.gif

I still rewatch the show often to make up for it. Although I can't deny I've been looking for a new series to follow in its wake (Constantine worked until it was cancelled, Stranger Things did, although that was more sci-fi than supernatural/dark fantasy).

Lee!!
8 minutes ago, erianoillim said:

Smart choice, although that was still one of the better finales of the post-Kirpke era

tumblr_inline_nj9w17JDjc1rew8ay.gif

I still rewatch the show often to make up for it. Although I can't deny I've been looking for a new series to follow in its wake (Constantine worked until it was cancelled, Stranger Things did, although that was more sci-fi than supernatural/dark fantasy).

What season was it lol I always forget.
Wynonna Earp reminds me of the fun early seasons of Supernatural. Its on Syfy and while it can be campy, it's compelling, fun and entertaining. Season 2 will premiere sometime this year

erianoillim
42 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

What season was it lol I always forget.

Season 6, such a good season. It could have been a good start if they kept the story fresh