Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Paula Abdul accused of stealing $15,000 dress

10 posts in this topic

hot mess

EXCLUSIVE: $15,000 stolen bustier turns up on Paula Abdul - and now she taking legal action against Abdul to get it back

Designer Nikki Lund is demanding to know how Paula Abdul got a hold of her unique metallic bustier worth an estimated $15,000

Lund said the piece went missing from her showroom four years ago and she hadn't seen it since

She recognized the bustier when Abdul, 56, was seen wearing it in a publicity photo for her upcoming tour

Lund says she has no doubt that the bustier is the same one she made - and told DailyMailTV she has asked Abdul or her stylist to return the piece

In attempt to ensure its return, Lund has hired an attorney and is planning to sue

508248A600000578-6194627-image-a-2_15375

36905980_10156395269164361_7240480232946

36976654_10156399788864361_7826416104011

Nikki Lund has accused Paula Abdul of failing to return a unique metallic bustier worth an estimated $15,000, DailyMailTV can reveal – and is now planning to sue her in a bid to get it back.

The handmade piece disappeared from Lund's showroom four years ago and was not seen again until Abdul was seen wearing it in a promotional photo for her upcoming tour, according to the designer.

Lund, 35, says there is no doubt that the bustier is the same one she made and told DailyMailTV she has asked Abdul or her stylist to return the piece.

But after getting no response from Abdul, Lund says she now has no choice but to sue the '80s icon for the return of her item.

'I don't know how she came to have it, I'm not saying she stole it or her stylist stole it or anything,' Lund said in an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV.

'I would just like to get it back – it's obviously my piece.'

Abdul's representative declined to comment on the bustier when approached by DailyMailTV, except to note that the publicity photo was taken two years ago.

Lund's lawyer Stephanie Ovadia told DailyMailTV: 'I was retained to see the return of the property after she attempted to contact Paula to no avail.

'We are currently in the process of contacting Ms Abdul for the swift return of the property.'

The design, which was created from a mixture of silver metallic thread and chiffon, was hand-sewn and was later worn by celebrities, among them Gwen Stefani and Britney Spears.

Lund says the garment is one of a kind and could not be replicated without the use of master beaders and weavers, and requires a process that takes at least five days to complete.

She says the garment disappeared from her showroom four years ago and assumed it had been taken by accident which is why she never reported the missing item to police.

Lund said: 'I didn't report it to the police and the reason why we didn't is because I figured at the time, it would have been returned, it would have come back.

'To be honest, what are the police going to do with a bustier gone missing? They don't take something like that as seriously.

Tthe garment was not seen again until the release of Abdul's publicity photos, which Lund saw for the first time over the weekend.

'I couldn't believe it,' she told DailyMailTV. 'I felt two things – I felt elated and I felt excited I could possibly get my piece back again.

'But I also felt a little angry because it reminded me that somebody had obtained that piece dishonestly and that doesn't mean that Paula Abdul did, it doesn't mean that her stylist did, it means that somebody took that piece and it ended up in her hands and I just hope she does the right thing and gets it back to me.' 

Lund says she does not want to make an enemy of Abdul but is now hoping to have the piece returned without further problems.

'Really what I would like is just to get my bustier back – that would be amazing. If the stylist who did this [the Abdul shoot] could get it back to me.

'Maybe they borrowed it from someone or they have it in their kit and they don't know how they have it in their kit or Paula Abdul happens to have it in her closet.

She added: 'I just don't understand. She's a singer and legendary dancer, she understands the idea of creating artwork, she doesn't want anyone stealing from her so I'm sure she understands why I would like it to be returned to me.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6194627/Nikki-Lund-blasts-singer-Paula-Abdul-not-returning-metallic-bustier-worth-15-000.html

Ryanicorn

I'd steal it too tf?

That bitch is 15K ffff

BOAZ

Paula setting up controversies to prepare the world for her comeback :alexz:

AvrilLaQueen

a little bit of scandalous

hot mess
20 hours ago, Iceland said:

the avrilizers really destroyed her.

who

Sign in to follow this