Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Maggie Rogers - 'Heard It In A Past Life'

220 posts in this topic

Ghost
2 hours ago, JDC said:

I'm not mad about Alaska and On + Off making their way to the album, but the superior song Dog Years deserved tbh, JANUARY? UGH, it's kinda close and far away at the same time, can't wait for her to curse at me on Retrograde :jonny5: also, THE ARTWORK :jonny5:

Exactly, Dog Years is better

2 hours ago, lover. said:

I’ve seen it. I just don’t understand why people seem triggered that Give a Little is 1. and Fallingwater is 9. 

I mean to me personally GAL starts too abruptly and doesn't really feel like an opener. Fallingwater does make sense towards the end imo

jakedavis1994
1 hour ago, Temporal said:

The album cover is so gross :rip: A pretty picture ruined by being too cropped and grainy :shakeno:

Wash your mouth out with soap sister

joniwasright

i hate when artists add their old songs on the "new" record :toofunny2: why you include tracks that are already on a cohesive EP that came out 2 years ago (from the peroid of your college years as you say), while there are more than 30 new songs wrote for this particular personal album about your current life? and you still pretending that there is some concept behind it... it's so random and messed :toofunny2::toofunny2::toofunny2: maggie why

derf1990
9 minutes ago, joniwasright said:

i hate when artists add their old songs on the "new" record :toofunny2: why you include tracks that are already on a cohesive EP that came out 2 years ago (from the peroid of your college years as you say), while there are more than 30 new songs wrote for this particular personal album about your current life? and you still pretending that there is some concept behind it... it's so random and messed :toofunny2::toofunny2::toofunny2: maggie why

She explained on Twitter why dog years wasn’t put on and why on + off and Alaska still feel current for the record. Quite interesting. 

joniwasright
1 minute ago, derf1990 said:

She explained on Twitter why dog years wasn’t put on and why on + off and Alaska still feel current for the record. Quite interesting. 

saw it but this still feels so unnecessary

you already had the streams for these tracks years ago, why you add them to the new record?

Ghost
3 hours ago, joniwasright said:

saw it but this still feels so unnecessary

you already had the streams for these tracks years ago, why you add them to the new record?

maybe capitol told her to add them to the record in sight of a future certification given that they are her two most streamed songs

K$Ellie

Alaska and On + Off are her best songs so I'm not mad but the EP looks so weird on iTunes now with only 3 songs :rip: and Split Stones making it would make more sense

Fallingwater would deff be a better opener. Give A Little is cute but the chorus is v weak. Light On is nice enough but so far I like the EP songs more. 3 more months tho :rip:

Temporal

Just got back from her concert in Austin! The crowd was insane, Burning and Retrograde are SO ****ing good. The rest of the new songs were okay, we'll see how the studio versions turn out.

She said she's doing Light On for SNL, hopefully Alaska is the other!

Ghost

She's posting snippets on ig. Past Life sounds amazing! 

P!NK2LOVE

This is gonna be AOTY...

ultraviolence.xx

past life very much sounds like it was recorded in one take. yikes

Ghost
8 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

past life very much sounds like it was recorded in one take. yikes

it was! It's on her insta post

ultraviolence.xx
37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

it was! It's on her insta post

no i know, i'm saying it shows that it was a one-take recording x

Ghost
3 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

no i know, i'm saying it shows that it was a one-take recording x

Ddd yes sorry I misinterpreted it :lmao:it does sound rough but I'm gonna love it anyway I think

Unoriginal

actually quite excited for this? I've stayed away from everything except for Fallingwater (and Alaska / On + Off) so I've still got most of the album to look forward to

ultraviolence.xx

omg the new snippet... snatched

DancingShoes

WAIT :jonny: just realized this comes out this week. the year is off to such a good start

Ghost

Retrograde - Burning - Back In My Body is gonna be one hell of a 1-2-3 punch judging from the live versions :katie2: