Lauren Daigle breaks Billboard Christian records!

kelly-clarkson

• ATRL Moderator

Resultado de imagen para Lauren Daigle

This week, FORBES 30 Under 30 alum Lauren Daigle makes history by becoming the first Christian artist to top all five of Billboard's core Christian charts simultaneously.

Daigle's sophomore studio album, Look Up Child, topped the Top Christian Albums chart by a mile. It also notched a No. 3 entry on the all-genre Billboard 200, an impressive showing that's indicative of Daigle's crossover appeal and growing mainstream audience.

Look Up Child sold more than 115,000 copies in its opening week — the largest sales week for any Christian album in the streaming era. More than 100,000 of the sales come from traditional album sales, giving Daigle the strongest sales week for a Christian in almost a decade.

In addition to the Top Christian Albums victory, Daigle's lead single, "You Say," dominates all four Billboard Christian songs charts: Hot Christian Songs, Christian Airplay, Christian Streaming Songs and Christian Digital Song Sales. No artist had ever topped more than three of the charts at the same time before Daigle's impressive feat.

Look Up Child, which got a boost in sales thanks to concert ticket bundles, is the best-selling album by a Christian female artist in more than 20 years. Its No. 3 Billboard 200 debut is the also the best for a female-led Christian title since Leann Rimes' inspirational album topped the Billboard 200 in 1997.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brittanyhodak/2018/09/24/lauren-daigle-makes-music-history-as-quintuple-chart-topper/

Edited by kelly-clarkson

:jonny5: i am not surprised at all. She’s literally the Adele of Christian music. The girl has it all. The talent, the humility, the lyricism, the melodies.

9 minutes ago, 2NE1 said:

Why she look like Rachel Dolezal

i literally keep thinking the same thing every time i see her album cover or banner on the itunes front page.

props to her tho! i dont listen to contemporary christian music, but sometimes my parents will put on a station when im in the car with them and i always hear her name being mentioned

Whew :jonny4: never thought that she’d end up being this big. You Say being on TTH and so far peaking at #44 is very rare for a Christian artist, especially nowadays. She’s definitely the next Adele, she just needs that extra promo.

Avril coming to break her record :jonny: 

Congratulations to Daigle for her success. It's refreshing to see Christian songs gain better notoriety we aren't used to rank this Top 40.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.