Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama sent Palestine $221M hours before leaving office

94 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Darren-5-08 said:

My point, though, is that Israel withdrew from the Gaza and moved out its people. In response, the Palestinians living in the Gaza voted for the party who promised to destroy the state of Israel, which proceeded to murder the opposition and fire thousands of rockets into Israel. I agree with the sentiment behind the idea of a two-state solution, but equally I understand why Israel may be reticent given what happened in the Gaza strip when it gave concessions to the Palestinians.

They voted because they did not get the whole land in the first place. And of course one will vote for the ones that push their cause to the max

Vile.

Truly a wolf in sheep's clothing, prattling on about peace and democracy and then funding a pseudo-state that carries on guerrilla warfare and has the obliteration of the Jews in their charters.

Just now, Patri said:

Vile.

Truly a wolf in sheep's clothing, prattling on about peace and democracy and then funding a pseudo-state that carries on guerrilla warfare and has the obliteration of the Jews in their charters.

Is not for war. It's going to be used for food etc

2 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

It amounts to supporting terrorists regardless of how you try to spin it. 

4 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

I'm sure most people hope that'll be the case. Previous Palestinian aid has been found to have been given to the families of anti-Israel terrorists as compensation, however.

Just now, Patri said:

It amounts to supporting terrorists regardless of how you try to spin it. 

insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/24/barack-obama-palestine-funding-221-million-final-hours 

This is from Fox News. Hope you'll believe now 

1 hour ago, Darren-5-08 said:

:biblio:

The anti-Semitism on this site never ceases to amaze me.

It's not a top priority for many unfortunately.

As if we don't give them enough funding so just give them even more...

Good for them, though

tumblr_mm8izoLrov1qd8zg3o1_250.gif

3 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/24/barack-obama-palestine-funding-221-million-final-hours 

This is from Fox News. Hope you'll believe now 

Oh, you've mistaken me for a Republican or a Trump supporter or something of the like given that you've linked me to Fox News, as if I'd give that source even an ounce of credibility. 

No, I've commented at length about the alleged Palestinian state in the past and as long as Fatah and Hamas - read as terrorists - remain its primary governing entities, I condemn any and all support. 

Just now, Patri said:

Oh, you've mistaken me for a Republican or a Trump supporter or something of the like given that you've linked me to Fox News, as if I'd give that source even an ounce of credibility. 

No, I've commented at length about the alleged Palestinian state in the past and as long as Fatah and Hamas - read as terrorists - remain its primary governing entities, I condemn any and all support. 

To be honest even I don't like Hamas. 

1 minute ago, Patri said:

:clap3:

Just now, Monster Megamind said:

To be honest even I don't like Hamas. 

I would be shocked if you did :biblio:

1 minute ago, Patri said:

Right. These people think he is sending money to feed the poor but its really going to be used to train child soldiers and buy weapons

Just now, that G.U.Y. said:

Right. These people think he is sending money to feed the poor but its really going to be used to train child soldiers and buy weapons

And what is the 3.8 billion Israeli aid going for? 

Just now, Monster Megamind said:

And what is the 3.8 billion Israeli aid going for? 

Adult soldiers?

Just now, that G.U.Y. said:

Adult soldiers?

No. To kill the adult Palestinians. Who then have to resort to children to do the job. 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

:deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3:

A colonizing state allowing the country it invades to exist? :rip:

Who says who is the native people and who are the colonisers in a region with as long and tumultuous a history as Israel/Palestine? The region has changed hands many, many times. The predecessors of the Palestinians conquered Jerusalem in the 7th century - 1600 years after the Kingdom of Solomon & the original Israel. I'm a huge critic of that crackpot Netanyahu but don't be so quick to characterise Israel/Palestine in those terms its not that simple.

1 hour ago, Monster Megamind said:

If the same issue of the land being occupied remains just as relevant today from that day, you can't say it becomes their land. No one wants to kill the Jews. They want them to treat the Palestines like humans and give them their rightful land back. 

They won the land in a war. They own the land LOL Israel isn't the one targeting first; they just catch flack because they have a missile defense system and thus do more damage when they retaliate. What are your opinions on Hamas and the Palestine Authority, the entity Obama gave money to that was legally found guilty of bombing Americans in Israel by a court of law?

1 hour ago, Communion said:

:deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3::deadbanana3:

A colonizing state allowing the country it invades to exist? :rip:

If we want to argue semantics, this is traditionally their land. That's where Zionism and Aliyah come from. On top of that, they WON the Civil War (and following Arab conflict) and have been an officially recognized state now for what, 70 years? It's been a country longer than Palestine ever was (1920-1948). They make up about 80% of their country's demographic and have been exiled to the land since Spain first did it like 500+ years ago.

1 hour ago, Auraeolux said:

??? Opposing what Israel is doing is not anti semitism. What a dumb misuse of labels  to demonize a viewpoint that is not yours.

Telling an ethnic group that they have no right to exist in the land that they own and are regularly exiled to isn't racism? Okay. They've gone above and beyond in giving space to other ethnic groups despite certain groups politically promising to destroy them (see: Hamas taking the Gaza Strip that Israel conceded).

Sure the antisemitism may stem more from ignorance than hatred, but it's antisemitism nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, Eternium said:

They won the land in a war. They own the land LOL Israel isn't the one targeting first; they just catch flack because they have a missile defense system and thus do more damage when they retaliate. What are your opinions on Hamas and the Palestine Authority

Won the land? Which age are you living in? This conflict has wrecked 2 whole generations of Palestines. Of course I hate Hamas but I'm appalled that you are OK with so many innocents dying just like that. 

1 minute ago, Monster Megamind said:

Won the land? Which age are you living in? This conflict has wrecked 2 whole generations of Palestines. Of course I hate Hamas but I'm appalled that you are OK with so many innocents dying just like that. 

Won the land may be bad phrasing, but the land occupied by Israel was following a defensive war it fought against united Arab nations in 1967.

1 minute ago, Darren-5-08 said:

Won the land may be bad phrasing, but the land occupied by Israel was following a defensive war it fought against united Arab nations in 1967.

I can understand wanting just the Holy Land but the greed to occupy the whole fking thing is atrocious.