Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama sent Palestine $221M hours before leaving office

94 posts in this topic

170124-obama-palestine-money-feature.jpg

Officials say the Obama administration in its waning hours defied Republican opposition and quietly released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority that GOP members of Congress had been blocking.

A State Department official and several congressional aides said the outgoing administration formally notified Congress it would spend the money Friday morning. 

The official said former Secretary of State John Kerry had informed some lawmakers of the move shortly before he left the State Department for the last time Thursday. 
The aides said written notification dated Jan. 20 was sent to Congress just hours before Donald Trump took the oath of office.

In addition to the $221 million for the Palestinians, the Obama administration also told Congress on Friday it was going ahead with the release of another $6 million in foreign affairs spending, including $4 million for climate change programs and $1.25 million for U.N. organizations, the congressional aides said. 

X

:clap3: 

Yeah.. I don't know. Just like that UN Resolution he let pass, he blocked the exact same resolution, it all feels like annoying Trump rather than honest support to Palestine. Good for Palestine though regardless. 

1 minute ago, FBF said:

it all feels like annoying Trump rather than honest support to Palestine.

I though the same, still nice for the Palestine tho.

Disgusting. Supporting Hamas :biblio:  I know he meant well but that money will be confiscated by corrupt Hamas officials and used for anti-israeli actions

So glad my President would never do this and understands geopolitical conflicts

How nice of him to fund $221M worth of anti-Semitic missiles and fund a continuing conflict.

5 minutes ago, Eternium said:

How nice of him to fund $221M worth of anti-Semitic missiles and fund a continuing conflict.

Only Nobel Peace Prize winner Barrack Obama :clap3:

8 minutes ago, Eternium said:

They are going to need those missiles to keep Israel from taking land that doesn't belong to them.

Just now, Adonis said:

They are going to need those missiles to keep Israel from taking land that doesn't belong to them.

Strange, though, isn't it, that Barack Obama was elected on the claim that an undivided Jerusalem should be the capital of the Jewish state of Israel, yet is now calling the East Jerusalem settlements illegal.

I'm sure that won't be called out in a video the same way that Trump disagreeing with himself was, though.

Why can't we stop funding Israel and Palestine? Let them solve their own problems. 

1 minute ago, Salacious said:

Why can't we stop funding Israel and Palestine? Let them solve their own problems. 

Because Israel is one of the closest friends of the United States and one of the most important allies in the fight against terrorism in the region.

Just now, Darren-5-08 said:

Because Israel is one of the closest friends of the United States and one of the most important allies in the fight against terrorism in the region.

Israel doesn't need our money to fight terrorism. Israel is not a struggling country, and I don't know about you, but I don't just give out free money to my friends.

4 minutes ago, Salacious said:

Israel is our greatest ally. Iran hates Israel so we are going to keep protecting/funding them

4 minutes ago, Salacious said:

Israel doesn't need our money to fight terrorism. Israel is not a struggling country, and I don't know about you, but I don't just give out free money to my friends.

Israel doesn't just get 'free money'. Israel is an essential source of technology and information in the region. Bear in mind that it is an important military and medical services base for deployment in the region, and the lack of an equivalent ally state in the Persian Gulf has costed the US trillions in having to constantly deploy and redeploy.

Not to mention that Israel is a country surrounded by countries who want to erase it from the face of the earth. Military aid is necessary to prevent the genocide of everyone living there.

Kii. Barry gave ZERO ****s in his last days. 

AHH MY ****ING PRESIDENT. :gaycat5:

5 minutes ago, that G.U.Y. said:

Israel is our greatest ally. Iran hates Israel so we are going to keep protecting/funding them

Israel is far more advanced than Iran, and I'm pretty sure Iran is occupied with conflicts in Yemen and Syria.

3 minutes ago, Darren-5-08 said:

Israel doesn't just get 'free money'. Israel is an essential source of technology and information in the region. Bear in mind that it is an important military and medical services base for deployment in the region, and the lack of an equivalent ally state in the Persian Gulf has costed the US trillions in having to constantly deploy and redeploy.

It is free money, because Israel doesn't depend on the US to invest in industries. They actually sell their goods to other countries. That's where the money comes from. The US should focus on funding their own states, because, you know, America First.

Just now, Salacious said:

Israel is far more advanced than Iran, and I'm pretty sure Iran is occupied with conflicts in Yemen and Syria.

It is free money, because Israel doesn't depend on the US to invest in industries. They actually sell their goods to other countries. That's where the money comes from. The US should focus on funding their own states, because, you know, America First.

But you completely ignored my point about the cost of deploying in the region without Israel as a close ally. The military aid the US gives to Israel saves a lot of money in deployment and redeployment were there not a nearby ally.

As well, many Americans feel loyal to Israel and want to continue assisting in the region. There is a reason people continue to get elected more commonly from a pro-Israel platform.

KING :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Israel hasn't done **** for the US and they're in no danger. They say they can't reveal their nuclear plans because they can't use them anyway since they'd face the collateral damage and it's simply for defense yet the same logic would then apply for any country in that region. No country in that area is going to use nuclear weapons and essentially kill all of them.

Israel receives almost $4B in security aid a YEAR. The welfare state is up. Time for them to pay their own way. #AmericaFirst

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

KING :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Israel hasn't done **** for the US and they're in no danger. They say they can't reveal their nuclear plans because they can't use them anyway since they'd face the collateral damage and it's simply for defense yet the same logic would then apply for any country in that region. No country in that area is going to use nuclear weapons and essentially kill all of them.

Israel receives almost $4B in security aid a YEAR. The welfare state is up. Time for them to pay their own way. #AmericaFirst

What? :rip:

Israel does a lot for the US and provide them a lot of their technology (especially military wise), and there's also the fact that Israel is an actual democracy in the middle east, something that is important to the US

the US needs Israel even if you don't like it

And open your history books, if Israel had no aid the countries surronding it would jump on the opportunity just like they used their chance to strike in the Yom Kippur war. We don't need another huge war in the middle east

I'm not even trying to take sides here but some of y'all need to check some facts

2 minutes ago, Wotamin said:

What? :rip:

Israel does a lot for the US and provide them a lot of their technology (especially military wise), and there's also the fact that Israel is an actual democracy in the middle east, something that is important to the US

the US needs Israel even if you don't like it

And open your history books, if Israel had no aid the countries surronding it would jump on the opportunity just like they used their chance to strike in the Yom Kippur war. We don't need another huge war in the middle east

I'm not even trying to take sides here but some of y'all need to check some facts

Clock them with FACTS :clap3: