Child's Play (2019)

97 posts in this topic

hellocory

Young actor Gabriel Bateman (Lights Out, American Gothic), Parks and Rec alum Aubrey Plaza, and Atlanta star Brian Tyree Henry are set to star in MGM’s Child’s Play remake for Orion Pictures. Bateman will take on the role as Andy, Plaza will play Andy’s mom Karen, and Henry is Mike. Those characters originated in the 1988 version which went on to gross $44 million worldwide, spawned six sequels,  and created one of the most well-known characters in the horror genre.

Polaroid helmer Lars Klevberg is set to direct the film, which will mark Klevberg’s second feature. The plot, based on the original, follows a mother (Plaza) who gives her son (Bateman) a toy doll for his birthday, unaware of its more sinister nature.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/gabriel-bateman-aubrey-plaza-brian-tyree-henry-childs-play-remake-mgm-1202468306/

Dnor5aRUwAAIczp.jpg

hellocory
3 minutes ago, skankle said:

Is Don Mancini not involved? Kinda weird.

I don't think Brad is voicing the doll either :skull: 

LP54

I can't Aubrey Plaza seriously enough to take this movie seriously.

I think she is hilarious so I can't move past comedy with her.

skankle
4 minutes ago, hellocory said:

I don't think Brad is voicing the doll either :skull: 

Mess :skull: I thought Dom had like total ownership of the Chucky and the films, but I guess not? I can't imagine him being happy about this regardless if he's not involved.

07tandu

Aubrey Plaza playing a mother and in a horror film? I assume it will be dark comedy/horror. I was hoping it would go back it's roots, a straight up horror.

Ishiba_Makuza

Eww what is with that ugly chucky face? He didn't need plastic surgery. God I hate when they start changing features of an already iconic doll.

MermaidPrincess
1 minute ago, Ishiba_Makuza said:

Eww what is with that ugly chucky face? He didn't need plastic surgery. God I hate when they start changing features of an already iconic doll.

they can't use the same doll. This is by MGM

Universal is still producing brad's tv show

ZachM

TBH I would like if they made this movie actually SCARY. Child's Play is not scary at ALL, mainly because of that ridiculous loony voice that I can't take seriously. It's too comedic for me to take it seriously as a horror movie, I've never liked it.

I'm honestly waiting for a creepy, genuinely scary doll movie where the doll is actually alive a la Slappy from Goosebumps, not Annabelle where the demon is simply holding the doll or The Boy where it wasn't even a haunted doll :rip: 

Horizon Flame

I thought they were shifting away from that look altogether? This is Dollar General Chucky. 

Penny.
22 minutes ago, skankle said:

Omg mess :skull:

oh wow :ahh:

i almost got excited about this but nevermind

hellocory
25 minutes ago, ZachM said:

TBH I would like if they made this movie actually SCARY. Child's Play is not scary at ALL, mainly because of that ridiculous loony voice that I can't take seriously. It's too comedic for me to take it seriously as a horror movie, I've never liked it.

I'm honestly waiting for a creepy, genuinely scary doll movie where the doll is actually alive a la Slappy from Goosebumps, not Annabelle where the demon is simply holding the doll or The Boy where it wasn't even a haunted doll :rip: 

Brad's voice acting as Chucky is incredible tbh

Mr. Blue_Shirt
40 minutes ago, skankle said:

Not using Mariah meme :ahh:

He is such a gay man, i love it

blackout77
1 hour ago, skankle said:

this is actually good cause he had a hand in Bride, Seed, Curse and Cult of Chucky and thats not something to exactly be proud of

fyU5jkp.gif

Aubrey being in this gives me a little hope not much but still

hellocory
4 minutes ago, blackout77 said:

this is actually good cause he had a hand in Bride, Seed, Curse and Cult of Chucky and thats not something to exactly be proud of

fyU5jkp.gif

Aubrey being in this gives me a little hope not much but still

fyU5jkp.gif