Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Lana Del Rey - 'Norman Fucking Rockwell'

1,290 posts in this topic

this is gonna be one of her best albums. i hated lush for life (sans a few tracks) and gave up my stan cars but every song released this era has been so good. i can’t wait.

HIAD > MAC > VB so far tbh

This album better actually be coming in March because I’m going on a tropical vacation at the beginning of April and need this to be the soundtrack to the whole thing.

Hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad

Calling from beyond the grave just to say "hi dad"

what does this mean

6 minutes ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

this is gonna be one of her best albums.

honestly yes 

The uncensored title. WHEW the international implications that that has

2 hours ago, Yassin512 said:

"And I got to thinking that I thought" :rip:

Stranger than a stranger is shook.

fxdgjnkvjhdfg

32 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

This song would make me lose faith in this album but VB and MAC were literally flawless and the rest of the snippets sound great 

after listening to this a few times, i appreciate it more. i appreciate her honesty and this song is not made so that others can relate to it. it is obviously personal to her, but since i am just not in that sad or depressing mood myself, i will probably not revist it often. i wonder where she will place this song on the album and how many tracks we will end up getting

Shes pretty good... for her age, but it's not Cinnamon!

The last 40 seconds are beautiful, when she goes into her head voice. She’s definitely learned how to use her voice with more support and thought since she debuted.

1 hour ago, THEORACLE said:

This is her most beautiful sad ballad. Not an opinion, just stating facts. 

This tbh. Yeah musically it's not anything new per se but the lyrics are mostly flawless, and really seem to tackle what her mindset of herself is.

1 hour ago, TheSugarVenom said:

This album better actually be coming in March because I’m going on a tropical vacation at the beginning of April and need this to be the soundtrack to the whole thing.

Omg me too sis

VB > MAC > HIADTFAWLMTHBISHI 

Ugh, I can't wait for 'Cinammon' to dissapoint everyone a la 'White Mustang'. ❤️ 

I know this will be a controversial opinion... but I think the MAC single cover could've been the perfect album cover. it has a lot of power to it. first of all, it shows a woman so content with herself that she's able to look confident, even though the picture may not be entirely flattering, and she's clearly missing a lot of her signature makeup. she's dropping the expectations people have for her, since her debut, that she's serious, dark, brooding, sad and echoey. it's humanizing, and it can function as her taking control of who she is in the public image (I'm actually incredibly impressed at how in control of her public image she's been over the past nearly a decade). that can also fit with the imagery of Norman Rockwell, who helped in the creation of the image of Rosie the Riveter, a woman in control, unconventional, but powerful. It also can come across as ironic (as I feel like a lot of her Americana imagery has always been) towards an artist who worked to portray an "America ideal" when it was appropriate, and how it applies to a 2019 environment. 

13 minutes ago, DevinWylde said:

I know this will be a controversial opinion... but I think the MAC single cover could've been the perfect album cover. it has a lot of power to it. first of all, it shows a woman so content with herself that she's able to look confident, even though the picture may not be entirely flattering, and she's clearly missing a lot of her signature makeup. she's dropping the expectations people have for her, since her debut, that she's serious, dark, brooding, sad and echoey. it's humanizing, and it can function as her taking control of who she is in the public image (I'm actually incredibly impressed at how in control of her public image she's been over the past nearly a decade). that can also fit with the imagery of Norman Rockwell, who helped in the creation of the image of Rosie the Riveter, a woman in control, unconventional, but powerful. It also can come across as ironic (as I feel like a lot of her Americana imagery has always been) towards an artist who worked to portray an "America ideal" when it was appropriate, and how it applies to a 2019 environment. 

I completely agree

Ok. "Hope" is really boring. Like, she outdid herself on boredom. "Change" is wailing somewhere. Etc.

If it wasn't for Venice Bitch, I'd be skipping this era.

Negativity aside, I'm still perched for this album (but seriously, girl, put more sounds into the songs and not just Jack's tired piano).

1 hour ago, DevinWylde said:

hit the nail on the end. i love it for an album cover. 

VB > MAC > Hope

But I love all three tbh. Already more impressed than I was after three LFL singles.

I need the album preorder ASAP. Also a vinyl 

3 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

Precisely! 

Having listened to Hope a fair few times I feel like the Hope she refers to is making her stalk someone hence why it’s dangerous, “writing in blood cuz the ink don’t work” is like “oh hey bitch, listen to me now”.