Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

71st Emmy Awards | Nominations Out

411 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, KylieistBoi said:

Yes but that could end up as the only Emmy they win. Mrs. Maisel is superior in Writing and Directing, Borstein has a better chance to repeat than Chlumsky winning for the first time, Hale, Walsh and possibly Simons will split votes and pave the way to a Shalhoub victory. :alexz: I even think Barry and possibly Fleabag will rank higher than Veep's finale in writing. 

Not after that finale. Lol at the flea- whatever :lmao:

 

Veep will win Comedy Series, Actress and Supporting Actor. Walsh will not take any votes from Tony Hale, he'll be lucky to get nominated... same as Timothy Simmons. I wouldn't be surprised if Chlumsky won since this has been her best season in a long time.

 

If they're smart with their submissions (max 2) in both Writing and Directing (preferably just the finale for both) then they'll win those as well :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Not after that finale. Lol at the flea- whatever :lmao:

 

Veep will win Comedy Series, Actress and Supporting Actor. Walsh will not take any votes from Tony Hale, he'll be lucky to get nominated... same as Timothy Simmons. I wouldn't be surprised if Chlumsky won since this has been her best season in a long time.

 

If they're smart with their submissions (max 2) in both Writing and Directing (preferably just the finale for both) then they'll win those as well :cm:

The finale was the best episode of the season I agree but when the season was full of bad to horrible episodes it wasn't hard for a mediocre episode to count as the best episode of the season. The highlight of the episode was Selina insulting Tom James' chief of staff and even that was done several times before and in better ways in previous seasons. It was reductive compared to those. 

 

Veep will win Lead Actress and has a shot at Guest Actor with MacNicol. 

 

Chlumsky has a better shot at being snubbed than to win :ahh:  

ASP is coming to get those Writing & Directing awards again and David Mandel's fatass will sit there and watch a more talented showrunner win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KylieistBoi said:

The finale was the best episode of the season I agree but when the season was full of bad to horrible episodes it wasn't hard for a mediocre episode to count as the best episode of the season. The highlight of the episode was Selina insulting Tom James' chief of staff and even that was done several times before and in better ways in previous seasons. It was reductive compared to those. 

 

Veep will win Lead Actress and has a shot at Guest Actor with MacNicol. 

 

Chlumsky has a better shot at being snubbed than to win :ahh:  

ASP is coming to get those Writing & Directing awards again and David Mandel's fatass will sit there and watch a more talented showrunner win. 

Right?? Last time she deserved that award was on 2015 lol. Borstein got this

 

I think Winkler will do a repeat even if he didn't have any memorable scene this year. Shalhoub deseves to win!

 

ASP might have more of a chance at directing than writing (she's still going to have one hell of a competition from Barry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically i want Amazon to pull a Netflix/Roma level campaign for Maisel, we can't let mediocrity win...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KylieistBoi said:

The finale was the best episode of the season I agree but when the season was full of bad to horrible episodes it wasn't hard for a mediocre episode to count as the best episode of the season. The highlight of the episode was Selina insulting Tom James' chief of staff and even that was done several times before and in better ways in previous seasons. It was reductive compared to those. 

 

Veep will win Lead Actress and has a shot at Guest Actor with MacNicol. 

 

Chlumsky has a better shot at being snubbed than to win :ahh:  

ASP is coming to get those Writing & Directing awards again and David Mandel's fatass will sit there and watch a more talented showrunner win. 

There wasn't a single bad episode this season though so... uhm? :huh:

 

Veep will win Comedy Series. Bookmark me. :fan:

 

Chlumsky snubbed? :bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Shalhoub deseves to win!

Only thing you've ever said that makes sense in this thread :clap3:

 

8 minutes ago, Maddox said:

ASP might have more of a chance at directing than writing (she's still going to have one hell of a competition from Barry)

It's the other way around :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Veep- Mrs Maisel- Barry are the best shows on TV and this competition has me at the edge of my seat :jonny5: The quality :jonny5:

 

This is how I want them to fare: :duca:

 

 

Comedy Series: Veep

Writing: Veep

Directing: Veep (or Barry)

Actor: Bill Hader (Barry)

Actress: Julia Louis- Dreyfuss (Veep)

Supporting Actor: Tony Shalhoub (The Marvelous Mrs Maisel)

Supporting Actress: Anna Chlumsky (Veep)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe they should have cut cersei out of episode 1, then she would've won in Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Destiny said:

Only thing you've ever said that makes sense in this thread :clap3:

 

It's the other way around :cm:

I'm not the one here disrespecting Fleabag so :redface:

 

It depends, if Veep just settles with the finale it might have more of a shot at winning the category than Maisel (series finale, most acclaimed ep of the season :pukey:, politically relevant, ~funny, emotional etc..)

 

-

 

Best outcome for comedy:

 

Comedy Series: Better Things

Writing: PWB (Fleabag)

Directing: ASP (The Marvelous Mrs Maisel)

Actor: Jim Carrey (Kidding)

Actress: Adlon (Better Things)

Supporting Actor: Tony Shalhoub (The Marvelous Mrs Maisel)/ Todd Grinnell (ODAAT)

Supporting Actress: Rita Moreno (ODAAT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maddox said:

~funny

JN4nynU.gif

 

btw I really need to watch "Better Things". I know Pamela Adlon is very funny :duca:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Destiny said:

There wasn't a single bad episode this season though so... uhm? :huh:

 

Wow. Did you mistakenly watch an earlier season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KylieistBoi said:

Wow. Did you mistakenly watch an earlier season? 

This season was really good but that finale was so weird cuz selina was never that mean or ruthless !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KylieistBoi said:

Wow. Did you mistakenly watch an earlier season? 

Lol I watched season 7 and it was great television. The show deserves another Peabody award :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brockmire deserves Best Comedy Series. Hank Azaria has already edged out Jim Carrey as Comedy Actor too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

taylor stans killing eve (and also obvs grey's). sandra oh's emmy confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

taylor stans killing eve (and also obvs grey's). sandra oh's emmy confirmed

But she stans GOT harder. She wrote a whole album about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, well the leads of GoT have limited acting abilities at best so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 11:26 PM, fridayteenage said:

taylor stans killing eve (and also obvs grey's). sandra oh's emmy confirmed

Taylor is an Emilia stan.

 

Taylor approached Emilia at the TIME 100 event.

 

time-100-gala-2019-dinner-performance-ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drama winners

Handmaid’s Tale – S1 94%, S2 89%

 

Game of Thrones – S1 91%, S2 96%, S3 96%, S4 97%, S5 93%, S 94%, S7 93%...S8 69%

 

Mad Men – S1 84%, S2 100%, S3 97%, S4 94%, S5 97%, S6 98%, S7 89%

 

Breaking Bad – S1 83%, S2 100%, S3 100%, S4 100%, S5 100%

 

Homeland – S1 100%, S2 95%. Not a contender afterwards.

 

Hmm, GoT S8 kinda sticks out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mad Billy Porter has been submitted for lead and not supporting :biblio: 

 

I hope he still manages to pull through because that category is dead (and he deserves a nom) but category fraud is category fraud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Playa Playa said:

I'm mad Billy Porter has been submitted for lead and not supporting :biblio: 

 

I hope he still manages to pull through because that category is dead (and he deserves a nom) but category fraud is category fraud

I wouldn't say it's category fraud, the story revolves around him almost as much as Blanca. Category fraud would have been Evan as lead (since his name always appeared first in the credits :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hector said:

I wouldn't say it's category fraud, the story revolves around him almost as much as Blanca. Category fraud would have been Evan as lead (since his name always appeared first in the credits :rip:

Fair point plus it'd be a good thing if he actually manages to get a nom. I still think he was more supporting with MJ having a bigger role, it will probably change this season tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Parsons got a nice boost after the finale. So, don't count him out.

I think he should get nominated because that Nobel Speech was great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mouni9248 said:

Jim Parsons got a nice boost after the finale. So, don't count him out.

I think he should get nominated because that Nobel Speech was great!

I don't watch the show but I think he'll get nominated. The show is clearly on their radar (last year's directing nomination shows that) and it was a hugely successful show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope The Good Fight will finally make an appearance on the drama category. Quality wise, it's better than almost any other contender and it's not even its best season.

 

Game Of Thrones: Trash

Killing Eve: Bigger trash

This Is Us: Who??

Ozark: Umm...

Succession/Pose/Homecoming: Ok they're ~good

 

-

 

A legend :worship:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites