Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

2019 Emmys Discussion

333 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

But she less competition this time

She literally had no competition from her own castmates last year, and even without vote-splitting she wasn't able to win. 

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

No Handmaid's (possibly), No The Crown, No Stranger Things, possibly no Big Little Lies, Chrissy Metz probably won't come back, same for Uzo Aduba, No Westworld...

I think The Crown's season 3 will air in time, right now they are filming season 4 as far as I know. But other than that, all these women missing also means more GOT actresses in the line-up. Maisie Williams will surely comeback, and this is their last chance to nominate Sophie Turner for GOT. And God knows where they will place Emilia Clarke, so for all we know 4/6 of the category could end up being from GOT, which would lead to a random win for one of the other nominees.

Helena Bonham Carter could be where they reward the new cast of The Crown, the Emmys have a better relationship with horror shows so someone from Hill House could wind up as a nominee and passion pick winner, Ozark has a lot of passion and Laura Linney could submit here etc. 

1 hour ago, KylieistBoi said:

She literally had no competition from her own castmates last year, and even without vote-splitting she wasn't able to win. 

wow what an impressive feat

11 hours ago, KylieistBoi said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/inside-state-union-nick-hornbys-10-minute-sitcom-starring-rosamund-pike-chris-odowd-1179633

The way she is gonna easily win the Short Form Actress category and become an Emmy winner :jonny: while Amy Adams and White Michelle duke it out in the Limited Series/ TV Movie Actress category only to lose to Patricia Arquette. 

Whew, her mind :jonny5:

Miss Megan Amram will have to work a little harder for her emmy next time

1 hour ago, KylieistBoi said:

I think The Crown's season 3 will air in time, right now they are filming season 4 as far as I know. But other than that, all these women missing also means more GOT actresses in the line-up. Maisie Williams will surely comeback, and this is their last chance to nominate Sophie Turner for GOT. And God knows where they will place Emilia Clarke, so for all we know 4/6 of the category could end up being from GOT, which would lead to a random win for one of the other nominees.

Helena Bonham Carter could be where they reward the new cast of The Crown, the Emmys have a better relationship with horror shows so someone from Hill House could wind up as a nominee and passion pick winner, Ozark has a lot of passion and Laura Linney could submit here etc. 

Okay so Helena Bonham Carter is her main competition. Sophie Turner is NOT. Maisie Williams might be since her character is universally beloved but I don't think she would have more support... she couldn't even land a nomination last year. Emilia Clarke will obviously go Lead, especially this time when the show will mostly be about her and Kit Harington's characters.

Lena Headey benefits from the last chance factor which helped Mathew Rhys win last year, she's part of the biggest show in contention and her character is likely to die an iconic death, and which might be too impactful to ignore.

Laura Linney submits Lead and I don't watch her show, but i've heard she was even more lead than Batemen in the second season :cm:

The Haunting of Hill House is not going to happen... and shouldn't it be in Limited Series?

Handmaid's officially out! Lena Headey wins, Jodie Comer, Susan Kelechi Watson and Mandy Moore breakthrough :cm:

Game of Thrones only competition is The Crown, the others don't stand a chance at Writing, Directing, Series :cm:

What will actually be competing in Drama? At this rate we can probably confirm a GoT sweep.

7 minutes ago, Wicked said:

What will actually be competing in Drama? At this rate we can probably confirm a GoT sweep.

GoT and This Is Us are the only nominees from last year that are eligible this year :rip: Even Big Little Lies won’t premiere within the required period.  

Pose S1 is eligible for this cycle, Killing Eve S2 premieres in April, Better Call Saul hasn’t missed so that’s in, Ozark’s been building at the guilds in S2 so that’s in. After that throw a dart for the next  nominees.

44 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Handmaid's officially out! Lena Headey wins, Jodie Comer, Susan Kelechi Watson and Mandy Moore breakthrough :cm:

And Christine Baranski will finally get her first nomination for The Good Fight

Off the top of my head, this is how I see drama categories (I am assuming The Crown also misses the deadline but I'd be really happy if they didn't) 

Series 

Better Call Saul 

Bodyguard 

Game of Thrones 

Homecoming 

Killing Eve 

Ozark 

This Is Us 

Lead Actor 

Jason Bateman - Ozark 

Sterling K. Brown - This Is Us 

Stephen James - Homecoming 

Richard Madden - Bodyguard 

Bob Odenkirk - Better Call Saul 

Milo Ventimiglia - This Is Us

Lead Actress 

Jodie Comer - Killing Eve

Laura Linney - Ozark 

Mandy Moore - This Is Us  

Sandra Oh - Killing Eve 

Julia Roberts - Homecoming 

Robin Wright - House of Cards 

Supporting Actor 

Jonathan Banks - Better Call Saul 

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Game of Thrones 

Peter Dinklage - Game of Thrones 

Kit Harington - Game of Thrones 

Michael Kelly - House of Cards 

Billy Porter - Pose 

Supporting Actress 

Emilia Clarke - Game of Thrones 

Julia Garner - Ozark 

Lena Headey - Game of Thrones 

Rhea Seehorn - Better Call Saul 

Sophie Turner - Game of Thrones 

Maisie Williams - Game of Thrones 

27 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

GoT and This Is Us are the only nominees from last year that are eligible this year :rip: Even Big Little Lies won’t premiere within the required period.  

Pose S1 is eligible for this cycle, Killing Eve S2 premieres in April, Better Call Saul hasn’t missed so that’s in, Ozark’s been building at the guilds in S2 so that’s in. After that throw a dart for the next  nominees.

Forgot Better Call Saul! That's a shoe in (for noms), really want a Bob Odenkirk win there. Damn it's gonna be a weak year then :skull: Well for Dramas, Comedy looking like it's gonna snatch.

14 minutes ago, KylieistBoi said:

Series 

Better Call Saul 

Bodyguard 

Game of Thrones 

Homecoming 

Killing Eve 

Ozark 

This Is Us

BCS is probably the best thing here, and it wasn't SOTY great. Mess.

I forgot The Deuce (was eligible) :skull: The Emmys will too :bibliahh:

19 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Forgot Better Call Saul! That's a shoe in (for noms), really want a Bob Odenkirk win there. Damn it's gonna be a weak year then :skull: Well for Dramas, Comedy looking like it's gonna snatch.

eh... Veep/Barry/Kominsky Method will share the awards so probably not

Pencil LMM in for a nomination

2 minutes ago, Maddox said:

eh... Veep/Barry/Kominsky Method will share the awards so probably not

I just meant nominations wise, it'll probably be more exciting than whatever they put together for Drama.

I just need Kidding noms, not even wins.

57 minutes ago, KylieistBoi said:

Supporting Actress 

Emilia Clarke - Game of Thrones 

she's not going back to supporting, I guarantee it

Here for: Stephen James, Sandra Oh, Billy Porter, and Sophie Turner

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

she's not going back to supporting, I guarantee it

I think they won't try it again with lead placements. They learnt they are not that powerful. Placing them in Supporting categories will bring two additional nominations :michael:

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

I just meant nominations wise, it'll probably be more exciting than whatever they put together for Drama.

I just need Kidding noms, not even wins.

- Blackish

- Kimmy

- Barry

- Maisel

- GLOW

- Kominsky Method

- Veep

- I'm not sure who's taking Atlanta's spot, maybe Better Things if FX campaigns hard enough but i doubt it; it could be The Good Place's strongest chance to finally get in 

Overall you're right it's a fine lineup but not necessarily exciting. Also sis we both know Kidding got no chance aside from Jim :/ Hopefully they'll prove us wrong

The Limited series category is definitely the juiciest :eatpopcorn: Since Florence is not happening i'm rooting for white Michelle!!

Game of Thrones is going to sweep.  

This is their last season and they have no competition. It is over. 

giphy.gif

Outstanding Drama Series

1. Game of Thrones

2. The Crown

3. Ozark

4. Better Call Saul

5. Succession

6. This Is Us

7. Killing Eve

Bubbling under: Bodyguard, Pose, Homecoming

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/2019-emmy-predictions-71-primetime-emmys-nominations-winners-1202048893/

Drama Series

Predicted Nominees:

• “Better Call Saul”
  • “Game of Thrones”
  • “Homecoming”
  • “Killing Eve”
  • “Ozark”
  • “Succession”
  • “This Is Us”

Spoilers: “Pose,” “The Good Fight,” “Billions”

In a Perfect World: “The Deuce,” “The First”

I'm super pissed Succession has more traction than Billions :skull:

Comedy Series

Predicted Nominees:

• “Barry”
  • “Black-ish”
  • “GLOW”
  • “The Kominsky Method”
  • “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
  • “Russian Doll”
  • “Veep”

Spoilers: “Better Things,” “Fleabag,” “The Good Place,” “Dead to Me,” “Kidding,” “Shrill,” “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”

In a Perfect World: “Broad City,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Corporate,” “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” “Jane the Virgin”

Limited Series

Predicted Nominees:

• “Catch-22” (Hulu)
  • “Escape at Dannemora” (Showtime)
  • “Fosse/Verdon” (FX)
  • “Sharp Objects” (HBO)
  • “When They See Us” (Netflix)

Spoilers: “True Detective,” “A Very English Scandal,” “Maniac,” “I Am the Night,” “Good Omens”

In a Perfect World: “Castle Rock,” “Chernobyl,” “The Little Drummer Girl”

I'm rooting for Better Call Saul. If they ended up snatching Outstanding Drama it would be iconic.

I don't think it's that deserving (acting and writing were quite weak) but I'd be surprised if Pose didn't get in.

4 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

I don't think it's that deserving (acting and writing were quite weak) but I'd be surprised if Pose didn't get in.

I still need to watch Pose.

Also, Black-ish has been super weak to me this season in some aspects, The Good Place deserves.