2019 Emmys Discussion

224 posts in this topic

nostalgia

Nicole vs Julia vs Olivia :jonny4:

Meryl vs Helena vs Lena :jonny4:

Helen vs Amy vs Emma vs Michelle vs Isabelle vs Carrie :jonny4:

Sissy vs Sally :jonny4:

HonourableVomit

It's going to suck when Lena Headey inevitably gets robbed by Meryl Steep despite delivering 8 consecutive seasons of award worthy performance :grump: 

Cheetos

Final season of Homeland will PUNCH game of thrones. I have sowed the seed and I shall REAP the harvest! 

Destiny
7 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

Final season of Homeland will PUNCH game of thrones. I have sowed the seed and I shall REAP the harvest! 

I have to laugh

Cheetos
7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I have to laugh

Jk homeland premieres in June 2019 so I do not think it will be eligible. Carrie Mathison will not be stomping on Daenerys :chick3: 

chiliam

Hopefully POSE will snatch some noms. 

But the timing clearly not on their side. By the time the voting begin the show may already long forgotten.  

The new Ryan Murphy shows on Nexflix also will do some damage.

Big Little Lies 2 should give back its Emmys to Feud before snatching with season 2.

Nacht
1 hour ago, chiliam said:

Big Little Lies 2 should give back its Emmys to Feud before snatching with season 2.

This tea. :clap3: Feud, the actual limited series, needs their stolen Emmys back!

Leptine
2 hours ago, Cheetos said:

I can see Claire getting a final nod for the show in 2020, but she already won 2 and got nominated 5 for this role, with all the shows that will be released by then I see hard another victory, but the show got already tones of nominations and victories so it's fine.

I hope for some "Pose" nods too, especially MJ Rodriguez.

GOT has best drama on lock for next year.

Amy Adams and 'Sharp Obejcts' for Limited serie and also Carrie Coon for 'The Sinner' nods are on lock.

Green
1 hour ago, goun said:

isn't BLL a limited series?

Not anymore. I guess Sandra will lose against Nicole Kidman next year  :'(

I wish they would get True Detective'd like when McConaughey lost against Bryan Cranston though :sistrens:

Playa Playa
15 hours ago, Wicked said:

Ian would be in the lead category with them, Timothy would probably be sent to supporting. Facts though it's gonna be stacked at least talent wise. Fun fact though Ian won Individual Achievement in a Drama for his role in Deadwood. Deadwood would also snatch up the technical categories :jonny5:

Trying to think of Dramas that will compete and it's more difficult.

That's amazing :clap3:

It depends on how many shows will air in time but rn it seems like mostly returning shows + BLL imo. New ones if THT & Westworld don't make the cut. And I doubt Watchmen will get a series nod (if it even airs in time) but Regina King has to be a contender for a nom at this point

Alesus

When GOT inevitably sweeps every single category next year and Lena finally snatches her supporting win (I can't see D&D not giving her an iconic demise):jonny5: I guess all y'all can do now is pray they do another late summer/fall premiere so your faves are safe next year

KylieistBoi
21 minutes ago, Alesus said:

Lena finally snatches her supporting win

The delusion :ahh: 

fridayteenage

based on how hbo strong-armed voters into making barry the probable runner-up, it's increasingly looking like Drama/Comedy categories will mostly be HBO and streaming showdowns...

Nacht

Is legend Emma Stone coming for an Emmy with Maniac? They should label it as a limited series, there’s no way she would lose the award in that category. It would be harder to have her win one for lead actress in a drama series, but not impossible I believe!

Lena losing again against Meryl, Laura Dern and the actresses from THT and Westworld? I live!

Dancefloor

Recently got into The Good Place and just came here to say, why is this show so underappreciated? It's brilliant and the critics LOVE it. Ugh.

Destiny

I'll watch Maniac, Homecoming and complete Haunting of Hill House in a few weeks and see what the fuss is all about and how good of contenders they can be :duca:

Wicked
On 11/5/2018 at 11:04 AM, Maddox said:

What a legend! Wouldn't be surprised if Bill Hader wins against him next year...

He deserves this so much. But idk. Jim Carrey is Jim Carrey... He has a chance!

On 11/5/2018 at 12:31 PM, Dancefloor said:

Recently got into The Good Place and just came here to say, why is this show so underappreciated? It's brilliant and the critics LOVE it. Ugh.

Look at the shows considered among the greatest of all time and see how many got **** ratings.

Mr. Duff

Mandy Moore for a nom. I know it stretched but she's so good in This is Us.

fridayteenage

maybe hbo felt like they had enough to campaign for comedy wise with dominant winner veep along with a boatload of others

Maddox
48 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

maybe hbo felt like they had enough to campaign for comedy wise with dominant winner veep along with a boatload of others

Veep sweeping next year is going to be soo boring ugh... 

ASP better ****ing deliver of else

Maddox

Seen more reviews sharing the same view. She definitely joining Amy/Emma on the race

Whether the show will keep the same buzz as the other two, idk...