Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Mariah Carey - "With You"

791 posts in this topic

That rumour has been going on but without the exact date and confirmation we can just speculate and close the thread :jonny5:

Diane Warren? Oh HELL no. Keep that cliche trash. Delete this thread right now before I call the cops.

3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Diane Warren? Oh HELL no. Keep that cliche trash. Delete this thread right now before I call the cops.

:ahh: I’m sure it will be fine. 

The songs she’s done with Diane on Rainbow are the best ones on the album + the B side. So can’t wait to hear what they’ve done this time!

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

STOP WITH THE BORING SLOW **** :deadbanana:

She's obviously dropping something mid or up-tempo tomorrow so why would you complain about a ballad coming too? :rip:

This sounds like a good rollout if true. After the mess that was the MIAMTEC release it’d be refreshing for her to have a concise plan for this album’s release. 

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

lol yeah im not here for diane

Bacardi

Remember that single choices go through Jay-Z’s team for approval under Roc Nation so if they think it’s a good single, we should trust it.

During their many creative meetings, Foster introduced Carey to Warren, a song-writer in which he had collaborated several times in the past.[4] Throughout the process of writing and producing the song, the female pair did not work well with each other, as Carey accused Warren of repeating lyrical phrases too often, while Warren did not agree with some of Carey's production choices.[4] After they completed the song, Carey wrote two other ballads with Warren for Rainbow, entitled "After Tonight" and "Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme)".[4]

I know this was in 1998/1999, but, you know, Mariah is known for not being forgetful :flower: I'm excited nonetheless for a BIG Mariah ballad. I always thought a good winter track leading into christmas was the best way for her to get radio spins