Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

You | Lifetime TV series premiered Sept 9th

119 posts in this topic

fanboyn8

Just finished season one and here are my thoughts.

1) Peach is lowkey a bad bitch.

2) Beck is adorable

3) Beck is also lowkey a hoe

4) lesson of the story is dont cheat on Joe

5) **** you Joe

6) Claudia is a terrible mother

7) **** you Joe

8) **** you Paco

9) **** YOU PACO

Also Beck is so gorgeous

Phantom

I'm on episode 2 and :deadbanana:

What a dumb show. Does this get better? Maybe it's not for me. Its like an extremely watered down, discounted Dexter (character wise) 

mxoonlight

I'm glad to see the Netflix distribution is getting more eyes on it, Penn deserves :!ohno:

It was cute, but the ending felt kind of cheap. I really have very little interest in Candice considering most of the plot and characters to this point have been built around Beck and I assumed Candice was just a plot device to prove Joe was a murderer. The scene with Paco not letting Beck escape though

:jonny5:horrifying. I like that it's surface level rom dram but has those undertones of very scary moments. It has potential.

fridayteenage

Thumbnail

IMDb Charts

Most Popular TV Shows

As determined by IMDb Users

Sort by: RankingIMDb RatingRelease DateNumber of RatingsYour Rating
Showing 100 Titles

Rank & Title      
You You (2018)
1 (no change)

Game of Thrones Game of Thrones (2011)
2 (no change)

Netflix constantly winning.

Scotty

I watched like the first 20 minutes so far of the first episode, gonna pick up again when I can.

Joe is pretentious and two-faced. He has moments where he seems like his heart is in the right place, yet he's like a hugely cynical jerk in his own inner monologue. It's irritating. He's also a know-it-all. He's like - the worst aspects of men.

Also, is his name Joe because he's just an "average Joe" or that he could be 'any guy' - is that the point lol

HabbGaga

IM PISSED JOE IS DISGUSTING 

Spoiler

Beck deserved better I don’t care if she lied cheated w/e Joe is garbage and I don’t think I want to see another season with him being a creep. Especially not without the actress who played Beck she nailed her role! His first gf feels like something out of Riverdake which I am not here for.

The show was thrilling. Their were genuine moments where I was so shocked like I had to take a minute and be like is this actually happening. I just hate Joe so much so I guess the point is for him to be repulsive but I want justice served NOW.

Leptine

The power of Netflix... Nobody cared when it aired on Lifetime, definitely a win for the show to have switched there.

CosTaSsSs

The thing with Joe is that sometimes you relate to the "hurt" emotions and you might feel a deep sympathy for the character. Once you understand that his behavior is much more problematic, and that what he does is not especially because he loves Beck, but to complete his goal as a selfish-sociopath ego, you'll hate him. Beck on the other hand is not a saint either, but her actions shouldn't lead to the way it did, she was just a girl who had placed her ego in many situations and did many wrong turns in her life.