Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

You | Lifetime TV series premiered Sept 9th

126 posts in this topic

07tandu

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjM0MDA2NDEzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODYzNjg4NTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

PLOT:

You follows Joe, a bookstore manager who falls in love with a customer named Beck and quickly becomes obsessed with her

Anyone watch the premiere? I love a good entertaining Swimfan/Single White Female/Obsessed/Fatal Attraction/The Roommate storyline :-*

Also has Dan from Gossip Girl and Emily from PLL :eli:

Kevin2803

Why were so many words censored? That's stupid.

The pilot wasn't bad. It was kinda weird and i like weird.

And the cast is great. Not Shay playing another lesbian tho. :toofunny2:

I loved Elizabeth Lail in "Dead of Summer".

Her turning evil in that show was one of the best twists i've seen on a tv show in the last couple of years and she played that part very well.

07tandu
1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

Why were so many words censored? That's stupid.

The pilot wasn't bad. It was kinda weird and i like weird.

And the cast is great. Not Shay playing another lesbian tho. :toofunny2:

I loved Elizabeth Lail in "Dead of Summer".

Reveal hidden contents

Her turning evil in that show was one of the best twists i've seen on a tv show in the last couple of years and she played that part very well.

Yeah the censoring of the text message was a bit weird, but I guess since it's on Lifetime they had to

The pilot was okay the literature stuff felt a little pretentious but the social media aspect made me realize how easy it is to stalk someone

I'm ready for like **** to really hit the fan and since it's only 10 episodes won't have to wait too long

Wicked

If you wait another day, the uncensored version will be online.

Miles.

The book was AMAZING, but a lot of that was because it was written in 2nd person, which was really unique. Plus the author went for a really ballsy ending. 

I doubt this will be good (Shay Mitchell lol) but I'll check it out. 

fridayteenage

the book was okay. it got a bit boring and repetitive. the ending was predictable given that there's a sequel. 

Dovely

I'm halfway through the book right now, it's pretty easy to get into and goes pretty fast, but I wouldn't say i have any solid opinions on it so far . . .

I thought the pilot was okay,  I'll be watching regardless 

Wicked
7 hours ago, Miles. said:

The book was AMAZING, but a lot of that was because it was written in 2nd person, which was really unique. Plus the author went for a really ballsy ending. 

I doubt this will be good (Shay Mitchell lol) but I'll check it out. 

The general consensus among critics is that the first 4 episodes are good. With some calling the series great.

Kevin2803

Did someone read the book and know

how Peach and Beck die?

I wonder if they focus on a new stalking victim every season or just let Beck live. I'm sure that Peach will die tho, just because how Shay reacted to the season 2 renewal. She congrulated her cast members like she wasn't on the show anymore.

07tandu

A pretty meh episode, I guess there was an attempt to make Beck interesting. Hopefully next weeks episode where Joe goes after Peach makes it better.

Kevin2803

Too bad they killed off Peach. I knew it would happen, but i wish they would kept her a little longer. Originally, i started to watch this show because of Shay and the rivalry between her and Joe was the most interesting storyline on this show. 

07tandu

The new episode was bad. Played out like a predictable lifetime tv movie. Plus the plot contrivance of him peeing in a jar :rip:

Maddox

Recent episode made me wish the show was based on Peach's pov rather than Joe :katie: She's soo much interesting than he is

So far it's fine but still not the best Lifetime show rn

Leptine
On 10/21/2018 at 12:52 PM, Maddox said:

Recent episode made me wish the show was based on Peach's pov rather than Joe :katie: She's soo much interesting than he is

So far it's fine but still not the best Lifetime show rn

I'm loving the show, and yes I agree about Peach! Shy Mitchell was so good in this role :clap3:

I'm mad they killed her already.

Penn is very good too.

The female lead to me is Evan Rachel Wood, they're identical, it's the same person, even in manners, like wtf :deadbanana4:

you-elizabeth-lail-03.jpg

Westworld-1024x589.jpg

Maddox
On 10/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, FutureHive said:

so is this worth watching or not

It's not the best thing around but it's a fast binge for sure

-

****'s about to go down next week :jonny: Can't wait!

SamanthaJadeFr

Last night episode was the best one so far. So much lights were put about Joe's ex and the last minutes were so dark and intense. Joe is really getting scarier and creepier. Such a perfect role for the actor. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next week. I'm glad i gave the show a second chance because i really wanted to give up on the show the last 2 weeks but they definitely redeemed themself with that great episode last night.

07tandu

I think the drama has picked up for sure in the last few eps BUT everything that has unfolded this season has been so predictable and uninspired. I really hope they do something different for the finale next week, I'm gonna be disappointed if this is a happy ending ie. Joe goes to prison or dies and Beck survives.