• Announcements

• Ryan

WP Cleanups Suspended   06/22/2018

The admins have suspended WP Cleanups for the time being. An announcement will be made when they resume. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.  

Marvel's Jessica Jones: Season 2 streaming

189 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gallop said:

Will I have needed to watch the defenders to know whats happening in season 2?

4 hours ago, VJoker said:

No, not at all.

But isn’t she dealing with the aftermath (some psychological) of the events in TD?

Aaah i finished jessica jones, daredevil and TD last month. Can’t wait to start watching the second season tonight. 

renewed my netflix membership for this, let's GO :duca::duca::duca:

The fact Netflix premiered this on International Women's Day is so cool :clap3: Explains why it's out today instead of Friday. 

Wooo first two episodes have been great so far. Not too jam packed with action but the seeds are planted and the story has me really interested.

13 hours ago, VJoker said:

No, not at all.

8 hours ago, Blue. said:

But isn’t she dealing with the aftermath (some psychological) of the events in TD?

200.gif

5 episodes in and there are literally no mentions of Defenders/The Hand whatsoever :dies:

1 hour ago, ainadalkaz said:

5 episodes in and there are literally no mentions of Defenders/The Hand whatsoever :dies:

Well the events did only last 3 days. And assuming it's been months since then, they haven't popped back up in her life so she's moved on from it. 

Whew Oscar could get it.

13 minutes ago, Luner45 said:

Well the events did only last 3 days. And assuming it's been months since then, they haven't popped back up in her life so she's moved on from it. 

doesn't mean they can't reference it somehow.... it literally takes a few seconds. but I guess wanting to at least hear a little connection in a shared universe is too much to ask for these days. but hey we got a whole scene about Cap America's toy so that's progress :dies:

the episode 6 ending :deadbanana2:

Trish being a damn mess :deadbanana: is that how they're building up to Hellcat? n

34 minutes ago, ainadalkaz said:

doesn't mean they can't reference it somehow.... it literally takes a few seconds. but I guess wanting to at least hear a little connection in a shared universe is too much to ask for these days. but hey we got a whole scene about Cap America's toy so that's progress :dies:

LMFAO. In the recent agent of shield episode, all I got for a reference to Thor Ragnorok was that an Asgardian was spotted in New York :ahh:

14 minutes ago, Luner45 said:

LMFAO. In the recent agent of shield episode, all I got for a reference to Thor Ragnorok was that an Asgardian was spotted in New York :ahh:

well....... it's something :cm: 

Spoiler

Jessica's mom

is insane :deadbanana4:

btw how did she not know

Spoiler

that it's her mom? I mean she could've at least recognized her voice?

The twist at the end of episode 6, I'm shooketh:jonny5:

I’m super excited for this. :jonny5:

WHAT? IT'S ALREADY OUT?

omg *runs*

22 minutes ago, Shawn said:

WHAT? IT'S ALREADY OUT?

omg *runs*

this...

so anyone that's decently enough through the season, is this okay to watch without seeing Iron Fist and The Defenders? I've seen DDS1/2, JJS1 and LCS1. Just hit a wall before Iron Fist came out and have no motivation to watch. 

Hyped to watch this!! :jonny4: It's been too long.

34 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

this...

so anyone that's decently enough through the season, is this okay to watch without seeing Iron Fist and The Defenders? I've seen DDS1/2, JJS1 and LCS1. Just hit a wall before Iron Fist came out and have no motivation to watch. 

You're good. I'm halfway though the season and there has been little to no allusion to IF or Defenders so far.

49 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

this...

You don't need to see iron fist unless you really love Jeri howgarth who practically appears in 3 episodes including the finale but it will no way affect how you understand season 2 of JJ. 

Just rewatch season 1 if you need to be refreshed and you'll be fine 

I just finished it and....I'm conflicted

Spoiler

Acting wise, everyone was great...BUT, even that couldn't help some of the storyline elements :deadbanana2: I'm sorry, but the whole Alisa/Karl thing was SO drawn out and melodramatic. I get that it's another trauma for Jessica to deal with, and maybe I just don't get it, but the actions Jessica took were so extra and unnecessary. Also Malcom was getting on my nerves, especially at the end. It was giving me Foggy in DD S2 teas (they need to stop with the recycled elements, it degrades from the story) where he was getting too self righteous, in relation to Jessica's drama. Trish was an icon tho, I LOVE a good spiralling out of control storyline. Can't wait for her to be Hellcat, especially with that ending bit. Also Hogarth's subplot was a KII, I love ha messy ass. And I wish they would've really pushed the Killgrave-conscious thing even more, it was such a cool element, but a bit short. ALSO, they could've done a small nod to Defenders. I get that Foggy was probably supposed to provide that link, but....yah, I wanted something else.

All in all, I'm a bit disappointed with this tbh, it wasn't as gripping or nuanced as the first season. It did have it's shining moments though, and the acting from most of the cast was in great form coming off of S1 and Defenders. 6.5/10 :eatpopcorn:

I totally thought there was only 8 episodes so I was ready for some **** about to go down by episode 6..........

THE ENDING THO.

and then i realized i still have 7 more episodes to watch. :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

I just finished it and....I'm conflicted

Hide contents

Acting wise, everyone was great...BUT, even that couldn't help some of the storyline elements :deadbanana2: I'm sorry, but the whole Alisa/Karl thing was SO drawn out and melodramatic. I get that it's another trauma for Jessica to deal with, and maybe I just don't get it, but the actions Jessica took were so extra and unnecessary. Also Malcom was getting on my nerves, especially at the end. It was giving me Foggy in DD S2 teas (they need to stop with the recycled elements, it degrades from the story) where he was getting too self righteous, in relation to Jessica's drama. Trish was an icon tho, I LOVE a good spiralling out of control storyline. Can't wait for her to be Hellcat, especially with that ending bit. Also Hogarth's subplot was a KII, I love ha messy ass. And I wish they would've really pushed the Killgrave-conscious thing even more, it was such a cool element, but a bit short. ALSO, they could've done a small nod to Defenders. I get that Foggy was probably supposed to provide that link, but....yah, I wanted something else.

All in all, I'm a bit disappointed with this tbh, it wasn't as gripping or nuanced as the first season. It did have it's shining moments though, and the acting from most of the cast was in great form coming off of S1 and Defenders. 6.5/10 :eatpopcorn:

agreed with almost everything you wrote except for the fact that I found Trish annoying too. basically everyone was annoying in this season, maybe except for Oscar and Vito :deadbanana:

still enjoyed it.

Spoiler

agreed that they should've used Kilgrave more than in just one episode

Jeri was great, really liked her storyline this season. I didn't think she'd be featured so heavily even though she didn't have a lot of scenes with Jessica

they paid absolute dust to Defenders or basically any other defender, a kii. Foggy and Turk's cameos plus the mention of Rand were the only connections. but they mentioned the raft from civil war like 500 times nn

even though I found Trish annoying, I'm perched for her Hellcat debut whenever the next season happens :duca:

Oscar is DADDY 

I actually really like this season. It's definitely not as noirish or ~edgy as the first one but it's a very good drama with some really GREAT performances. Krysten is such an underrated actress.