Will Ariana get a Grammy for Sweetener?

52 posts in this topic

thatsmydemi

After the hype, the HUGE numbers, the hit(s), the fact that critics LOVE it and now that WE ALL HAVE HEARD THE ALBUM...

Take in mind the lack of competiton for her as well. She's basically the one doing better commercially than any pop artist elegible for Best Pop Vocal Album/Best Pop Solo Performance.

Has Ariana's time finally come? Do see her being able to snatch something from the biggest categories as well? 

Discuss. :eatpopcorn:

thatsmydemi

MESS. I posted this under Music :lmao:

Fix it mods, please :dancehall: sorry :dancehall: 

ArianadelRey

She deserves one, and the competition this year seems weaker compared to the last times. However, Taylor may be the frontrunner in the categories she may be nominated.

Kings.

Doubt it, Taylor is the Grammys favorite so I could see her taking most of the pop categories. I do hope she can win Best Music Video though.

M-P-B

she's most likely getting both Best Pop Vocal Album and Solo Performance nominations but I don't know about winning

thatsmydemi
1 minute ago, Kings. said:

Doubt it, Taylor is the Grammys favorite so I could see her taking most of the pop categories. I do hope she can win Best Music Video though.

6 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

She deserves one, and the competition this year seems weaker compared to the last times. However, Taylor may be the frontrunner in the categories she may be nominated.

I think Taylor may get Ed Sheeran'ed. And compared to her previous efforts, acclaim and commercial success are weaker than ever I'd say. 

Ariana also comes (sadly) from the Manchester tragedy. That will help her a lot, lbr. 

Mercurio

Taylor will probably snatch Best Pop Vocal Album. Hopefully, Ariana can take Best Pop Performance

Kings.
1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

I think Taylor may get Ed Sheeran'ed. And compared to her previous efforts, acclaim and commercial success are weaker than ever I'd say. 

Hide contents

Ariana also comes (sadly) from the Manchester tragedy. That will help her a lot, lbr. 

If I’m being honest I think Taylor deserves to. Reputation definitely grew on me a ton, but doesn’t deserve to get showered with wins like her previous eras.

I really do hope Ariana can get one of the pop category wins. She deserves it.

Letemtalk

The Grammy voters might let the Manchester bombing and benefit concert influence their decision, so she has a chance there. The album seemed quite sub par to me, but if Divide can win a pop Grammy and 24k can win AOTY you can't rule it out.

Shoto Todoroki
5 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Even though Rep is an underperformance, it will still be the biggest album in the category, :rip:  (and bigger than Sweetner will ever be)

OT: I feel like she might snatch pop vocal performance because NTLTC is the biggest pop solo hit of the year probably. But lbr, she'll have sympathy votes from the Manchester incident and NTLTC is seen as an "ode" to the incident :michael: There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. I dont think she'll snatch pop vocal album because Sweetner is a very polarizing album for pop voters  imo and I can't see the GRAMMY community latching onto an album with Trap and Urban Elements in the pop category.

Divine
28 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

After the hype, the HUGE numbers, the hit(s), the fact that critics LOVE it and now that WE ALL HAVE HEARD THE ALBUM...

Take in mind the lack of competiton for her as well. She's basically the one doing better commercially than any pop artist elegible for Best Pop Vocal Album/Best Pop Solo Performance.

Has Ariana's time finally come? Do see her being able to snatch something from the biggest categories as well? 

Discuss. :eatpopcorn:

Taylor says nah

-

No, she won't.

kayliah

I think she might get the pop solo performance but Best Pop Vocal Album will go to Taylor definitely it's one of the best pop albums in a while... both vocally and sonically .

Zolvnski

I still don’t understand how Reputation will sweep categories, it’s Taylor’s least vocally diverse album & it surely didn’t live up to its hype in the long run. 

I can definitely see Ari snatch Grammys for NTLTC, maybe Sweetner may surprise us; it’s not vocally as powerful like YT & DW, but it’s still diverse in her vocal range.

Mark Rih
7 minutes ago, Jude said:

Taylor might snatch the Pop Vocal Album and Ariana might snatch the Pop Solo.

yeah this

Ariana should win best PVA too tho :cm: Hopefully Taylor will get Ed Sheeran'ed

Jude
9 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

yeah this

Ariana should win best PVA too tho :cm: Hopefully Taylor will get Ed Sheeran'ed

Hopefully. They totally snubbed Speak Now after Fearless won AOTY so Rep might have the same fate.