The Last of Us Part II

278 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Reinvention said:

:rip: 

Why is no one excited by the PSX panel update?

tenor.gif

I thought I was in the Playstation Base thread, and posted about the RE7 DLC. Had too many tabs open :rip:

I'm excited for this game obviously, but I'm waiting for a release date. Then my wig will fly! 

Neil Druckmann Describes Current Stage of The Last of Us Part II as “A Total Mess”

the-last-of-us-part-ii-image4.jpg 

It’s been some time since we’ve heard anything regarding the upcoming The Last of Us Part II, and that isn’t by accident. Since the games new trailer at the recent Paris Games Week, Neil Druckmann – the Creative Director for both the Uncharted and The Last of Us franchise – has been quiet on the game, but in a recent interview he revealed how far along the game is.

Joining the Game Maker’s Notebook podcast, Druckmann was asked about the recent Paris Games Week trailer, with Druckmann noting that the cinematic experience found within was probably the most polished parts of the game. “This and some other parts are like the most polished parts of the game because we knew we were going to show them, and now it’s like there’s a daunting task ahead of us.”

When it comes to the rest of The Last of Us Part II, Druckmann described the current stage of the game as a “broken mess,” remarking that it’s hard to take the same experience of the trailer and make it into a full game. “We’ve got this sliver of five minutes, now how do you make that into tens of hours of experience to look and feel that visceral, that kind of intensity? People don’t see that the rest of it – at different stages – is a broken mess.”

Only time will tell how long it will be until we get more information on The Last of Us Part II, but fans should have no problem trusting Druckmann and the team at Naughty Dog to mold the game into something that will undoubtedly be a fun experience.

The Last of Us Part II is set release exclusively on PlayStation 4.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/26/the-last-of-us-2-development-is-a-total-mess/#zjAesBLyj8bIQ63Z.99

Image result for the last of us part 2

As if it needed to be said, The Last of Us: Part 2‘s reveal trailer at PlayStation Experience 2016 caused untold levels of excitement to arise in the hearts and minds of fans of the Naughty Dog property thanks to its poignant, yet thrilling reintroduction of the first game’s co-protagonists, Ellie and Joel. However, some fans might be disappointed to learn that the scene in question won’t actually be appearing in the forthcoming sequel.

This much has been confirmed by The Last of Us: Part 2‘s director, Neil Druckmann, during a discussion between him and Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price for The AIAS Game Maker’s Notebook podcast. As found in the video below, Druckmann explains that he and the team at Naughty Dog designed the footage for promotional purposes, saying, “The first trailer we showed kind of exists purely as an announcement. It’s not a scene that takes place in the game.”

- https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-part-2-reveal-trailer-not-in-game/ 

A little bit of tea around the trailer. Another article I can't be bothered posting said that the 2nd trailer (or story contained within it) does feature in the game, and that the new characters all play an integral part in the story. (Makes me wonder if they're be playable? I reckon Joel and Ellie will only be half the story.)

On 13/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, Jack! said:

2019. :jonny: Why do they hype these games up so damn early.

don't complain I have been waiting KH3 since 2006

:rip: 2 years is nothing compared to that :skull: 

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:56 AM, rcksluke said:

don't complain I have been waiting KH3 since 2006

:rip: 2 years is nothing compared to that :skull: 

Is KH3 actually happening?

- - - - - -

I'm annoyed at the idea of half the game being spent on new characters, it doesn't feel very "The Last of Us" with a whole ensemble. But I am feeling like we'll hear more of Ellie's / Anna's origins, and probably some backstory as to the history of the Fireflies, and hopefully the virus itself?

Since bloaters were the ultimate infection in TLOU, I wonder what the infection has developed into now, all these years later? I don't appreciate "boss fights" but it feels inevitable.

13 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

I'm annoyed at the idea of half the game being spent on new characters, it doesn't feel very "The Last of Us" with a whole ensemble. But I am feeling like we'll hear more of Ellie's / Anna's origins, and probably some backstory as to the history of the Fireflies, and hopefully the virus itself?

Since bloaters were the ultimate infection in TLOU, I wonder what the infection has developed into now, all these years later? I don't appreciate "boss fights" but it feels inevitable.

Me too :frown: I'm trying to remind myself it's ND and I'm sure they'll make us love the new characters but still. I'm greedy and want the most amount of Joel and Ellie as possible. They are The Last of Us.

I remember so long ago they were stating without a doubt that Joel and Ellie's story was done, so I guess this is them compromising by giving us more Joel and Ellie but also being able to tell new stories within the world they've built. Still kinda disappointing. 

8 minutes ago, budgier said:

Me too :frown: I'm trying to remind myself it's ND and I'm sure they'll make us love the new characters but still. I'm greedy and want the most amount of Joel and Ellie as possible. They are The Last of Us.

I remember so long ago they were stating without a doubt that Joel and Ellie's story was done, so I guess this is them compromising by giving us more Joel and Ellie but also being able to tell new stories within the world they've built. Still kinda disappointing. 

I KNOW I'll love the game by the end of it and be stanning the new guys - I suspect this game is gonna be split stories, like how Left Behind is split between the story of Ellie looking for supplies for Joel and the story of her and Riley, as it appears (from the second trailer - with Ellie's mum) that this is set before the events of TLOU. Unless it's present and Anna is actually alive still? HEW knows.

All I know is that there's still a long long wait for this game and I'm impatient.

16 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Is KH3 actually happening?

D23 Japan is Feb 10, we will have an uptade on the game there...

Ok there's some messy news that looks like a mistake but that hints that we could be getting the game later this year. 

Image result for the last of us part II

Hotly anticipated PS4-exclusive The Last of Us Part II could be out sooner than you think. While publisher Sony or Naughty Dog, the game's developer hasn't officially announced a release date just yet, that hasn't stopped Sony Sweden from listing a release window for the game.

A post on the Facebook page for Sony Sweden states The Last of Us Part II is out in 2018 alongside Ghost of Tsushima from Infamous developer Sucker Punch. This isn't a confirmation by any means and Sony has in the past, gotten dates wrong. Most notably with God of War having a March release date on the PS Store that was duly removed and later pushed to April 20.

( x )

2 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Ok there's some messy news that looks like a mistake but that hints that we could be getting the game later this year. 

Eh even if it was slated for a 2018 release I bet it'd get delayed until 2019 anyway 

15 hours ago, budgier said:

Eh even if it was slated for a 2018 release I bet it'd get delayed until 2019 anyway 

Pretty much. I think 2019 is when it's coming.

Image result for the last of us part II

The Last of Us Part 2 release date might still be some while away but after this latest news, it feels that little bit closer.

According to Troy Baker, the world famous voice actor who plays Joel in The Last of Us, they've just finished a playtest for the game.

Baker was speaking at a press panel - along with Nolan North - at the MCM Comic Con in Birmingham, when he revealed the news, along with usual plaudits saying how awesome the game looked. He said:

"We just finished a playtest and it’s looking awesome, I can’t wait for it to be on shelves”

As Redditors pointed out, a playtest is a great sign for the game. One even said: “A playtest is the process by which a game designer tests a new game for bugs and design flaws before bringing it to market”.

Maybe E3 2018 could be where we get to see a world first demo for the game.

( x )

Game could be getting closer?

3 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Game could be getting closer?

I’m sure it will be out in spring of 2019. TLOU part 1 had so many glitches in it so i’m sure they will take their time with part 2. 

4 hours ago, HausofKen said:

I’m sure it will be out in spring of 2019. TLOU part 1 had so many glitches in it so i’m sure they will take their time with part 2. 

I mean yeah but I guess like a huge bulk of the game is now done - ugh what a dream process to be part of, and the story development. I'm shook at the thot!

Obviously I want a flawless, perfected game. This'll probably be the first game I'll like line up outside shops to buy.  I WANT IT SO BADLY! I'm also extremely hyped at the idea of another flawless multiplayer game. TLOU multiplayer is honest to god perfect to this day.

7 hours ago, Reinvention said:

I mean yeah but I guess like a huge bulk of the game is now done - ugh what a dream process to be part of, and the story development. I'm shook at the thot!

Obviously I want a flawless, perfected game. This'll probably be the first game I'll like line up outside shops to buy.  I WANT IT SO BADLY! I'm also extremely hyped at the idea of another flawless multiplayer game. TLOU multiplayer is honest to god perfect to this day.

I believe I’ve beaten TLOU game twice but the opening number I always run back to and play it all the time. It was so beautiful and heart breaking I just saw it as it was real life. The multiplayer was AMAZING. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next. 

- tbh i never played the DLC, should I? 

Sony like to keep release dates for games hushed until it’s close to release. We won’t know the launch date for a long time 

honestly who thought this was coming out in 2018

svfaSbg.gif

even if it was ready to release, Sony still would push it back to 2019 to maximize sales. 2018 is already packedT