• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Wonderland

• kateyoc

• 80x100

20 hours ago, Aciid said:

The only thing I'm worried about is her changing her sound way too much since she ditched the PH producer.

Where did she say she ditched the 'PH producer'?

Joel Little (the 'PH producer') recently posted a pic of him in the studio in LA, Lorde is also in the states working on her album

2 hours ago, Pandora30012 said:

Joel Little (the 'PH producer') recently posted a pic of him in the studio in LA, Lorde is also in the states working on her album

I don't remember where, but there was a news topic on the old ATRL some months ago about her not working with him on this next album. 

WayTooHonest13

You pick me up and take me home again,
Head out the window again
We're hollow like the bottles that we drain
You drape your wrists over the steering wheel,
Pulses can drive from here
We might be hollow but we're brave

-

All my fake friends and all of their noise

Complain about work
They study in business, I study the floor
And you have't stopped smoking all night

Will she top PH? stay tuned.

Spoiler

Edited by WayTooHonest13
10 hours ago, Pandora30012 said:

Joel Little has been living in LA for quite a while now. He's been working on a number of projects including the Broods album and the Ruth B album. He might have been involved with some song writing sessions with Lorde, but he is not producing the album.

She is working with Jack Antonoff (maybe others) and has been spending time in his studio in New York since 2015.

Edited by Letemtalk
add instagram source
9 hours ago, Aciid said:

I don't remember where, but there was a news topic on the old ATRL some months ago about her not working with him on this next album. 

Letemtalk is right, it's not about ditching Joel Little, it's dual agreement to explore new directions which is a good thing, also it means more collaborators, or more diversity which I would love to see.

Edited by kevinnyc
13 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

More live performances coming.

Lorde and more announced for New Orleans Jazz Festival.

The festival is over two weekends, April 28th through to May 7th.

Lorde appears on Sunday, April 30.
http://www.nojazzfest.com/
http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/?sort=sundayapril30

Letemtalk's posts :heart2: are always informative, Lorde's next studio album dose not necessarily need to be Jazz or Hip Hop, the lead single represents the main sound, will we get it before April 30, like APRIL 28? WILL LORDE ROCK!!!

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers  •Lorde  •Pitbull  •George Benson  •Dr. John  •Elle King Gente de Zona  •Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes  •Chocolate Milk  •Chris Owens Boyfriend  •The Mavericks  •Little Freddie King Blues Band  •Magnificent 7  •Mia Borders Glen David Andrews and the Treme Choir  •Dwayne Dopsie & the Zydeco Hellraisers Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & the Golden Eagles Mardi Gras Indians  •Lakou Mizik of Haiti

The New Orleans Hip Hop Experience

@kevinnyc

Thanks ... not sure where she is going sound-wise, but she has often cited influences such as David Bowie and Kanye who changed their sound from era to era. I'm not expecting Pure Heroine 2, but probably not a Jazz Album either.

Some festival speculation and information:

In the past, Glastonbury have released many of the names in their line-up in late March and we might expect the same this year. Lorde has a gap in her schedule for 21-25th June and she is playing in Belgium the following weekend.

For Lollapalooza Chicago, the lineup is also expected to come out in March. in 2016 it was March 22nd, although it appears that not all names came out at the same time. Timeout mag are saying there is a 90% chance Lorde will be there.

Edit: another festival 24 June - 1 July has been confirmed for her, which might overlap the last few days of Glastonbury. This one is the Roskilde festival in Denmark.

https://twitter.com/orangefeeling/status/826339539492958208

Update. She's working on her album. :rip:

I'm really hoping the "line-breaks" reference means she's typing up lyrics for the album sleeve, which means we must be getting much closer to an album release.

But what do you need that keyboard for Ella?

You're not making last minute changes to the music are you? :cries:

Vigoorian King
2 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

Update. She's working on her album. :rip:

UGH :mad: it better be the best album of all time.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:02 PM, Pandora30012 said:

As long as its dark and electronic .im not here for jazz :rip:

I'm 100% sure L2 is NOT a JAZZ album.

now that she's in LA there's a high chance she'll attend the grammys this sunday, i hope she'll get interviewed and will spill some details on the album :cupid: