Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ari credited for increase in hair extensions in Australia

20 posts in this topic

Oxygen

Ariana Grande is being credited with a spike in demand for hair extensions, according to the Australian beauty industry.

Demand for Ariana-style fake ponytails had spiked in the past six months, with Grande’s trendsetting look a key reference point for customers according to popular Australian extensions brand, Showpony. 

“We have had a 50 per cent increase in (clip-in) ponytail and halo sales within the last six months,” Showpony owner Stephanie Mason said, describing it as a “thick, catwalk ponytail”.

“(Customers) do mention her name and say, ‘that’s how high I want my ponytail,’” [Jacky Chan] said.

Source

She is truly iconic, when will my other faves spur such growth in an industry like her? :clap3: 

duybeeGAshantiGA

Truly a trendsetter. Truly the next Rihanna :clap3: 

Oxygen
2 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Truly a trendsetter. Truly the next Rihanna :clap3: 

Also helps that she left most of us bald with the #1 smash NTLTC, no wonder Australians are out buying new hair in droves  :fan: 

Cute

A lot of hair extensions are extremely unethical and come from women in southeast asia that are either scammed for their hair (being paid as little as cents for many inches) or kidnapped or assaulted for their hair. This is extremely saddening and disturbing. I am sure Ariana did not intend to promote the black market of hair sales but I would not be celebrating. 

Oxygen
5 minutes ago, Buddy said:

By who? Anyone could have said this. Why is it an article? 

As per the article, Showpony Australia credited the spike in sales of hair extensions to Ariana.

Buddy
1 minute ago, oxygen said:

As per the article, Showpony Australia credited the spike in sales of hair extensions to Ariana.

Would Showpony Australia lie?

5 minutes ago, Cute said:

A lot of hair extensions are extremely unethical and come from women in southeast asia that are either scammed for their hair (being paid as little as cents for many inches) or kidnapped or assaulted for their hair. This is extremely saddening and disturbing. I am sure Ariana did not intend to promote the black market of hair sales but I would not be celebrating. 

Church's in India literally exploit their people to shave their heads for religious regions to sell to Western markets. Vietnamese people literally scout hungry girls on the street for their hair, at ridiculously low prices.

Oxygen
1 minute ago, Buddy said:

Why would they? :mandown: 

Buddy
1 minute ago, oxygen said:

Why would they? :mandown: 

Because they hire gays like us to make opinion pieces.

Cute
4 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Church's in India literally exploit their people to shave their heads for religious regions to sell to Western markets. Vietnamese people literally scout hungry girls on the street for their hair, at ridiculously low prices.

not churches, actually Hindu temples because its some ritual or something. but yes, very sad 

Scandal
13 minutes ago, Cute said:

i agree that’s gross but i’m sure that the use of synthetic hair has increased too. but i agree that practices like that should be banned for sure so that only synthetic hair is used 

Tim£

Not to be mean but who? Ari's hair isn't really what's trendy in Australia

BreatheMoi
15 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Because they hire gays like us to make opinion pieces.

But I’m sure it wouldn’t be published if it was easily proven false since it’s dealing with #’s and an actual quote from a merchandiser :celestial5:

the д
13 minutes ago, Tim£ said:

Not to be mean but who? Ari's hair isn't really what's trendy in Australia

lmao what havent you seen all those girls with their high ponytails?

Buddy
14 minutes ago, BreatheMoi said:

But I’m sure it wouldn’t be published if it was easily proven false since it’s dealing with #’s and an actual quote from a merchandiser :celestial5:

A merchandiser? Possibly out of 100s? Since when did Ariana become synonymous with the ponytail? A ponytail is not synonymous with Ariana Grande. Non-stans don't see a ponytail and think ARIANA!!

Tim£
2 hours ago, the д said:

lmao what havent you seen all those girls with their high ponytails?

In Sydney no? 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0